Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
1608252435479.png

it's called killafornia for a reason

Anyone test positive for covid with only shortness of breath as a symptom? I have some shortness that's making it uncomfortable to breathe but don't feel anything else. No fatigue or fever or anything.
Go get tested. Could be just a start. Could be something else or anxiety. But u just donā€™t get all the symptoms at the same time. That **** is a gradual process that could unfold over a day or 10 days.

Go get tested. Could be just a start. Could be something else or anxiety. But u just donā€™t get all the symptoms at the same time. That **** is a gradual process that could unfold over a day or 10 days.
hows your taste/smell?

Uptempo.. Covid symptoms really vary, depending on the person.

And yes it's true the symptoms don't come at once. If covid will hit hard, sometimes that doesn't happen until day 8-10

The Phizer vaccine should move up all the expected effectiveness time tables since theres an extra dose inside each vial. Surprised a big pharma would be humanitarian in a time like this. Tis really the season for giving..

Just spoke to my wifeā€™s cousin who is in the medical field. Sheā€™s saying numbers could be misleading due to the same person testing positive multiple times (ie testing positive once and then taking another test to see if they can go back to work and still testing positive). These are not counted as one but are all counted as separate instances to the overall count. False positives are counted as well. She mentioned a story of a little league baseball team having 8 players test positive and then negative 4 hours later, those still added to the overall count. Hearing this just makes me more confused, and make me not know who or what to believe anymore man. Iā€™m still siding on the side of caution and not doing anything ā€œnormalā€ but man...what are we supposed to believe??

Just spoke to my wifeā€™s cousin who is in the medical field. Sheā€™s saying numbers could be misleading due to the same person testing positive multiple times (ie testing positive once and then taking another test to see if they can go back to work and still testing positive). These are not counted as one but are all counted as separate instances to the overall count. False positives are counted as well. She mentioned a story of a little league baseball team having 8 players test positive and then negative 4 hours later, those still added to the overall count. Hearing this just makes me more confused, and make me not know who or what to believe anymore man. Iā€™m still siding on the side of caution and not doing anything ā€œnormalā€ but man...what are we supposed to believe??

How does the data deal with people who have had multiple tests for COVID-19?
COVID-19 ā€œcasesā€ refer to individual people, and even if a person tests positive for COVID-19 more than once, that person should in general only be counted once in the case counts. The same is true for death data, recovery data, and hospitalization data: those values should (barring mistakes) represent unique individuals.

Testing figures, however, might or might not include multiple tests administered to the same person: it depends on how the state ā€œdeduplicatesā€ that data, meaning how it identifies and removes (or chooses not to remove) redundant / repeated information. It also depends to an extent on what units the state reports COVID-19 tests in. Some states report test results in units of ā€œspecimens tested,ā€ some states report test results in units of ā€œpeople tested,ā€ some states report in units of ā€œtesting encountersā€ (meaning the number of times one person was tested), and some states report test results in more than one of these ways. On our data page and on each individual stateā€™s data page, we list all three of these ways a state might be reporting the total number of tests conducted in its jurisdiction.

We have written about these issues in depth in our articles ā€œTest Positivity in the US is a Messā€ and ā€œCounting COVID-19 Tests: How States Do It, How We Do It, and Whatā€™s Changing.ā€ The best source of information about your own county or stateā€™s method of deduplicating and reporting tests is your own county or state public health department.

tl;dr:
Cases, hospitalizations, and death numbers already correct for any "doubles."
Testing numbers are trickiers.
People "in the medical field" without expertise should stop spreading misinformation.

Last edited:

2020, where everyone is suddenly woke. Dont believe everything you see on the news, read on the internet. Just keep yourself and those around you safe, thats all.

Back
Top Bottom