Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
They want their salaries more than anything. Especially football where their playing careers are so short. Every year lost not playing is a year lost not earning

I’m completely behind masks in public places, but Wearing your mask in your car with the windows up is just stupid.
unless people have access to washing their hands after going somewhere in public it's actually not stupid at all.
you are supposed to wash your hands before touching your mask so your dirty hands don't go anywhere near your face.

shibadekobe shibadekobe good to see you back.

That said, I don't agree with this Tom guy at all. We essentially had 4 weekend days in a row, and this is reflected in a downtrend in the testing data too. Hospitalizations still kept going up.

I do think the numbers are leveling off in the Midwest, but I want to wait until Thursday or Friday before saying anything with confidence. Keep in mind that everybody tried to get tested the week before Thanksgiving. Then there were few tests from Thanksgiving until today. We'll see a ton of people trying to get tested tomorrow and Tuesday, but we won't have those results until Thursday or Friday, so that's why I want to wait until then.

Daddy is HOMMMMEEEE
Trying to keep this thread up-to-date with covid-19 news these past couple months, I felt like this guy having to serve as Lord Commander of the Night's Watch while Jon Snow ( shibadekobe shibadekobe ) is off on some mission.

1606708713740.png

South Dakota has rose up against their governor.

a bunch of cities put mask mandates in place. I’m in deadwood now. Everyone is masked up. It’s up the the establishment to if they require it but I haven’t been anywhere that doesn’t. The mayor also gave the police to go ahead and arrest anti maskers if they don’t leave. :lol:

they will arrest your *** here too unlike mn which has a state wide mandate but doesn’t enforce it. Once you live Minneapolis it’s common to see people with no mask.

Surely this will work out well with cases steadily rising throughout the state:

I guess the protests last week got to him. Today he was saying the positive rate in schools is 1%. How the he’ll do you know the actual positive rate when you only test up to 20% of the school population at a time.
Must be tough for the parents that have to keep adjusting their plans do to the cities‘ inconsistency on school closures

it's been so revealing to see the extent my in-laws go to pressure my wife to break the state's social gathering guidelines. on one hand, they're all for the thin blue line and on the other, they're totally dismissive of the government's covid mitigation strategies and borderline anti-mask. my wife is strict about what we do and what message we send to our son (7 years old) and yet her family totally disrespects her by pushing for us to come over to "celebrate" thanksgiving and her brother's birthday despite knowing what my wife wants to do. no big surprise that they are evangelical trump supporters :sick:

Leaked documents reveal China's mishandling of the early stages of Covid-19 pandemic
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/30/asia/wuhan-china-covid-intl/index.html
Interesting but also not a crazy amount of suppression. They didn't report one-third to one-half of the cases and deaths.

The cases, duration of illness, and fatality rate reported at the beginning of the year in Wuhan were in the ballpark of what we saw in Lombardy and NYC in February-April, so it didn't seem like they were inventing numbers.

That said, who knows what else they didn't report.

It echoes some other studies claiming that covid-19 was circulating outside Wuhan in 2019. I don't know how reliable these studies are and also how to make sense of it -- how could such a contagious virus been spreading for months without getting noticed? Maybe it didn't start off that contagious but then mutated at some point?

Last edited:
Interesting but also not a crazy amount of suppression. They didn't report one-third to one-half of the cases and deaths.

The cases, duration of illness, and fatality rate reported at the beginning of the year in Wuhan were in the ballpark of what we saw in Lombardy and NYC in February-April, so it didn't seem like they were inventing numbers.

That said, who knows what else they didn't report.
The world and the people of China will probably never find out

I'm not going to bother posting the daily reports until we've had a couple more days to smooth out the lack of reporting over Thanksgiving, but here are the monthly numbers:

Back
Top Bottom