HBO SERIES SUCCESSION..... OH......SO NOW YALL TRYNA HOP ON THE BANDWAGON

1639369370407.png

1639369394666.png

1639369426676.png

Nero and Sporus

I don't think he ever strung Shiv along. He said from the beginning she needed to learn the business because she wasn't ready. She wanted to rush the process.

I felt he strung Roman along. He let him believe he didn't think he was a weirdo like everyone else, because he would throw him a bone every once in a while for his loyalty. Finally Shiv had to tell Roman the truth. Roman kept believing with Kendall out of the way he would be the one.
I do recall him saying Shiv needed to learn the business but I thought when they went away in S2 and he was debating selling that he told Shiv she would be “The One” but that she needed to learn the business. I’m not sure how much time elapsed between that convo and all of the stuff this season/the finale ending, though. Regardless, I’m not sure of what her title was within the company but she was working for Waystar while learning the business and I’m not sure he ever told her that the plan of her taking his spot changed.

Good point about Roman.

Kendall had the right idea all along but he just had poor execution.

I don't think he ever strung Shiv along. He said from the beginning she needed to learn the business because she wasn't ready. She wanted to rush the process.

I felt he strung Roman along. He let him believe he didn't think he was a weirdo like everyone else, because he would throw him a bone every once in a while for his loyalty. Finally Shiv had to tell Roman the truth. Roman kept believing with Kendall out of the way he would be the one.

I disagree. The truly devious part about Logan's character is that he did a great job of stringing all of his kids along. He kept them on a leash by saying things like " you're #1" and " If you perform XYZ task for me, I can see you taking the top job".

I believe he wants to have one of his kids need the company but none of them have the killer instinct and business acumen. Ironically, if you take the best character traits from all three kids, they could make one very competent CEO but each of them is far too flawed and entitled.

I disagree. The truly devious part about Logan's character is that he did a great job of stringing all of his kids along. He kept them on a leash by saying things like " you're #1" and " If you perform XYZ task for me, I can see you taking the top job".

I believe he wants to have one of his kids need the company but none of them have the killer instinct and business acumen. Ironically, if you take the best character traits from all three kids, they could make one very competent CEO but each of them is far too flawed and entitled.

💯 This hits the nail on the head, particularly the last paragraph which is ironic because they didn’t TRULY figure out they would work best as a team until it was too late |l

We finally saw Roman break his leash. Was hard for him. I wasn't sure he was gonna tow the line with his siblings in there.

I found it admirable how Roman told the “Water Pistols in Bali” story and he had a chance to bail, like Roman and Shiv did back then, but he stood with them instead.

If you guys have 20 minutes to kill, this video essay does a great job of encapsulating the culture of Logan Roy. He cultivates an environment where everything is transactional and he'll throw his own children under the bus if it'll help him get ahead.

It's very much " not only must I win, you must lose and suffer". That's all these kids know. They don't know. Genuine love or affection. Everything is "a play" or " an angle". This would be a terrible way to go through life and You understand

Kendall and the coverup is the key now.

Yup. I think it will be too.

His journey was my favorite part this season though. This episode was his rebirth.
He tried to play the game, he tried to be a good soldier, he tried to be his dad, he tried to kill his dad, he tried to be an upstart, he tried to escape but Logan didn't let him go & he even tried to die. :frown:

"Pass me the ******* Shotgun!" :pimp:

Then the final scene.....
Shiv could barely breathe. Roman was on the verge of tears. But Ken... Ken was calm. He was unfazed. Ken was smiling as his dad exited the room after having ****** over his own kids... He knows now that Logan truly doesn't care about any of them. But it doesn't affect him anymore. Kendall got some catharsis after his confession. Whatever hold Logan had on him is completely gone. Ken died but he is now reborn & the other two now can finally see what Kendall knew all these years. He's gonna be the killer Logan wanted him to be.

PO

Last edited:
I for one am Glad Tom ****** shiv over. Thee absolute worst wife ever.

"I love you Tom, I mean not like that but I do love you" :emoji_fearful:

Kendall is the best and must nuanced character on the show but it looks like we're getting a show within the show with our boys Greg and Tom!:pimp:

Imagine being ****** over by both of your parents, damn. Money don't buy love.

I'm still dying at the Mom though.
In the last episode when she was talking to Shiv, she told her she was reopening the divorce agreement over that flat/apartment since Peter wanted it & I think the discussions were on-going, but once Tom snitched, Logan gave that **** up fast to stop the kids. :lol:

That lucky son of a ***** got saved because the mom sold out her kids over a ******* apartment. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The whole final scene made up for the slow season to me though. The performances by all the key players made it one of the best in the series. Even Logan with the "Build You Own Pile" :pimp::pimp:

I cannot wait for S4.

PO

Did Shiv pick up on Tom's betrayal? Curious as to why she didn't confront him if she knew. Or was she shock at the balls on Mr Wambsgan 😂😂

Did Shiv pick up on Tom's betrayal? Curious as to why she didn't confront him if she knew. Or was she shock at the balls on Mr Wambsgan 😂😂

I think she knew.
Her initial look when she saw her dad pat him on the shoulder right after she said "who the f#@% told him? Who told him we were coming?"
Tom was the only one it could have been.

Then when he went over to her she moved away from him initially, and then he went over and put his hands on her shoulders and he she had that look on her face.

I think it's a combination of 2 things.
She knows tom is going to have a big position in the new waystar now, and she wants to be a part of it.
Tom basically flipped their positions.
And also she didn't want to let her brothers know that she messed up, which also messes with the first point.

Imo
It was a brilliant move by Tom.

The scene with him and Greg is so much better after knowing what he was going to do.

Back
Top Bottom