has kobe bryant won his last ring?

Who cares ?  He's won 5.  He's been MVP, AS MVP, Gold Medal, he dropped 81.  He's still the most badass in the league.  If he never wins another, I just want to see him go on a scoring frenzy.  Oh yeah, I think he won a scoring title ?  He has ZERO to prove ! 

C O O K # 45
get fit.

I can def see him getting another one if the lakers can get some young talent and he learns how to be a 2nd option. He is still an unbelievable shooter and he has the playoff experience that these younger teams don't have.

I can def see him getting another one if the lakers can get some young talent and he learns how to be a 2nd option. He is still an unbelievable shooter and he has the playoff experience that these younger teams don't have.

Originally Posted by 4fitness

Who cares ?  He's won 5.  He's been MVP, AS MVP, Gold Medal, he dropped 81.  He's still the most badass in the league.  If he never wins another, I just want to see him go on a scoring frenzy.  Oh yeah, I think he won a scoring title ?  He has ZERO to prove ! 

C O O K # 45
get fit.

I think it is more about his ego and him wanting to prove to himself that he can lead a team to another championship. As far as being a ring chaser. Outside of his no trade contract, I still couldnt see him do that. Bean got waaaaaaaaaaaay to much pride. But what I do see happening later in his career similiar to what iverson went through, and not realizing that he isnt the great player he once was, and having a hard time accepting that.

C O O K # 45
get fit.

I think it is more about his ego and him wanting to prove to himself that he can lead a team to another championship. As far as being a ring chaser. Outside of his no trade contract, I still couldnt see him do that. Bean got waaaaaaaaaaaay to much pride. But what I do see happening later in his career similiar to what iverson went through, and not realizing that he isnt the great player he once was, and having a hard time accepting that.

C O O K # 45
get fit.

He already has zero to prove. He's already an all time great. Anyone that thinks he isn't is a moron.

C O O K # 45
get fit.

He already has zero to prove. He's already an all time great. Anyone that thinks he isn't is a moron.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Originally Posted by NobleKane

no unless he signs with miami after his contract is up. i can see him doing something like that... playing for chump change just to get a couple more rings....

niketalk would implode...

kobe fanboys and kobe haters wouldnt know what to make of themselves
You know damn well Kobe isn't like Shaq. Kobe has to much of an ego to be anything below a 1st option/1b(Kobe&Shaq)

Word to Allen Iverson.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Originally Posted by NobleKane

no unless he signs with miami after his contract is up. i can see him doing something like that... playing for chump change just to get a couple more rings....

niketalk would implode...

kobe fanboys and kobe haters wouldnt know what to make of themselves
You know damn well Kobe isn't like Shaq. Kobe has to much of an ego to be anything below a 1st option/1b(Kobe&Shaq)

Word to Allen Iverson.

i wouldn't be suprised either way

however there isn't any real dominant team in the west, a few tweaks and moves (most importantly at the point guard position) and they'll be right back in the finals next june

however there isn't any real dominant team in the west, a few tweaks and moves (most importantly at the point guard position) and they'll be right back in the finals next june

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

I agree. I 100% believe that the Lakers were the best team in the NBA this year. Their downfall was internal problems IMO. They still have a good foundation. With minor adjustments, they are easily a contending team next season. I think a PG should be a greater priority than trying to get Dwight.

I agree. I 100% believe that the Lakers were the best team in the NBA this year. Their downfall was internal problems IMO. They still have a good foundation. With minor adjustments, they are easily a contending team next season. I think a PG should be a greater priority than trying to get Dwight.

The Lakers are still a championship contending team. Their core group of players are still intact and improving. I mean most teams would love to have just Gasol and Bynum, throw in Kobe and Odom and you have a contender. I think the Lakers only loss because the whole Gasol issue with his girlfriend, if they had been competing like the previous three years they would still be playing right now. 
Chemistry problem can play a big part in derailing teams. If you don't like a guy you won't compete as hard only because you don't want them to succeed. I predict them ironing out their issues and coming back next year hungry. 

The Lakers are still a championship contending team. Their core group of players are still intact and improving. I mean most teams would love to have just Gasol and Bynum, throw in Kobe and Odom and you have a contender. I think the Lakers only loss because the whole Gasol issue with his girlfriend, if they had been competing like the previous three years they would still be playing right now. 
Chemistry problem can play a big part in derailing teams. If you don't like a guy you won't compete as hard only because you don't want them to succeed. I predict them ironing out their issues and coming back next year hungry. 

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

i agree with this completely,

next shall be interesting though,  unlike the spurs/celtics who i think are done winning titles with their current core group of guys, the lakers still got a 2-3 year window to get a title.

to me them getting out the west isn't an issue, while dallas clearly played better and outplayed them this playoffs, a well rested and ready to go laker team has a shot at beating them next year.  however beating a team like miami is going to be tough,  year 2 playing together they should only get better and if they have a solid core with all the role players complimenting eachother, next years heat team should be better then this years.

i agree with this completely,

next shall be interesting though,  unlike the spurs/celtics who i think are done winning titles with their current core group of guys, the lakers still got a 2-3 year window to get a title.

to me them getting out the west isn't an issue, while dallas clearly played better and outplayed them this playoffs, a well rested and ready to go laker team has a shot at beating them next year.  however beating a team like miami is going to be tough,  year 2 playing together they should only get better and if they have a solid core with all the role players complimenting eachother, next years heat team should be better then this years.

QFT and fisher should def. not be starting anymore. The dont need to try to pull off something major like trying to get a cp3, but a decent/good serviceble pg ala on the level of like a ty lawson. And i think ron artest is pretty much a done deal. I also laker fans may hate this but bynum is to injury prone, and to off and on. For every great game he has it usually is followed by a few ok/decent to lack-luster games. They need to find another big man again doesnt need to be d12, but maybe a player on like a brook lopez type level. A few tweaks here and there and they will be a championship team once again.

QFT and fisher should def. not be starting anymore. The dont need to try to pull off something major like trying to get a cp3, but a decent/good serviceble pg ala on the level of like a ty lawson. And i think ron artest is pretty much a done deal. I also laker fans may hate this but bynum is to injury prone, and to off and on. For every great game he has it usually is followed by a few ok/decent to lack-luster games. They need to find another big man again doesnt need to be d12, but maybe a player on like a brook lopez type level. A few tweaks here and there and they will be a championship team once again.

Originally Posted by LDJ

im hoping for aaron brooks,  however if the lakers were to somehow get cp3, i would cream my pants out of happiness
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

im hoping for aaron brooks,  however if the lakers were to somehow get cp3, i would cream my pants out of happiness
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

laugh.gif
will bynum/rodney stuckey would be nice... even steve nash from a winning right now standpoint would be a good look.

Originally Posted by LDJ

laugh.gif
will bynum/rodney stuckey would be nice... even steve nash from a winning right now standpoint would be a good look.

Back
Top Bottom