Has interracial dating declined?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I get my culture and practices from my family, friends, and environent I was raised, not from my 27th generation grandfather.
in a sense you are right, however, in a sense you are being short sighted. for example, if your ancestry is from western europe, and you say you have no connection to the roman empire, chances are you do. Just because you don't 'feel' it, does not mean it is not there.

this is true afaik.

The fulani are a large part of the diaspora.

It sickens me that there is so much ignorance when it comes to the atrocities that were committed against black ppl.

It's odd to me that given the fact that the majority of enslaved Africans were transported to Latin America that ppl within the United States, black, white or otherwise cannot understand or do not want to understand that there are black ppl in Latin America and that it's not some small percentage.

It's sad to me that some black latinos in and outside of the u.s. would deny this fact and their own backgrounds due to white supremacy.

It shouldn't take black panther in Feb 2018 for ppl to be proud of being of African descent.

We came from greatness and it was taken and they tried to destroy it.

You would rather get on your knees and bless your oppressor than identify with being black.

Smh in disgust. Off topic but had to be said.
Well to be fair, their culture is presently an infusion of Spaniard, indigenous, and African influence so we can't pin it on them like they're worshipping their European ancestors. Given that it's been hundred of years of development and change, I believe we should consider it their own at this point. I can pretty much guarantee that not too many of them identify themselves as European anymore either. We gotta start looking at Hispanic/Latino people as their own ethnicity and not viewing them a brand new culture.

Well to be fair, their culture is presently an infusion of Spaniard, indigenous, and African influence so we can't pin it on them like they're worshipping their European ancestors. Given that it's been hundred of years of development and change, I believe we should consider it their own at this point. I can pretty much guarantee that not too many of them identify themselves as European anymore either. We gotta start looking at Hispanic/Latino people as their own ethnicity and not viewing them a brand new culture.
the problem is that nina associates himself more with the european side just because he speaks spanish. that's like me saying i have a connection to england because i speak english. and as others have stated, he so freely aggregates himself to black culture when it suits his needs.

also, latino/hispanic culture is it's own ethnicity/race because it's a mixture of old world and new world. in addition, not all countries deal with the european/african influence equally. depending on your family ties, some individuals acknowledge their european/african/indigenous side, whereas other completely neglect it. it's a form of conditioning and mind control. what makes it more appalling is when people fail to see that.

the problem is that nina associates himself more with the european side just because he speaks spanish. that's like me saying i have a connection to england because i speak english. and as others have stated, he so freely aggregates himself to black culture when it suits his needs.

depending on your family ties, some individuals acknowledge their european/african/indigenous side, whereas other completely neglect it. it's a form of conditioning and mind control. what makes it more appalling is when people fail to see that.
He seems like he identifies more with "afro-latino" rather than African-American. That shouldn't be offensive to us unless he constantly demeans blacks or denies being black. And at the this point, it's safe to say, there is no European-side, only European-influenced customs, he doesn't act like a Spanaird nor does he try to be European. I'm pretty sure a big part of the DR and PR is more influenced by African and indigenius cultures so in essence, he could be acting more African than most of us especially when it comes to dancing and music.

It's not always mind-control. Sometimes you get stripped away of it and you can only work with what you're brought up with and make it your own. Like us, our whole country is based on the European philosophies, yet we don't all act like carbon copies of each other because we meld it with other cultures.

He seems like he identifies more with "afro-latino" rather than African-American. That shouldn't be offensive to us unless he constantly demeans blacks or denies being black. And at the this point, it's safe to say, there is no European-side, only European-influenced customs, he doesn't act like a Spanaird nor does he try to be European. I'm pretty sure a big part of the DR and PR is more influenced by African and indigenius cultures so in essence, he could be acting more African than most of us especially when it comes to dancing and music.

It's not always mind-control. Sometimes you get stripped away of it and you can only work with what you're brought up with and make it your own. Like us, our whole country is based on the European philosophies, yet we don't all act like carbon copies of each other because we meld it with other cultures.
He doesn’t identify as Afro Latino though

he does not associate himself one bit to africa. he said it himself in this thread. He said "i do not have one african parent." are you new here? that is why we constantly push that towards his attention because he neglects his roots. in addition, he does talk down about black people. he is acting differently when the discussion equates different variables. that is why there is such an uproar. he is black when hip hop is a topic, DR when culture is debated, and european when it comes to ancestry.

we live in an age where there is so much information available, so being stripped of something is someone's undoing (at least given the fact that a person has access to information). there is a lot of mental approach to issues that have been passed down from western culture that is instilled in us. you should read about greek and roman mythology and how they addressed such topics, is similar to how we do it.

he does not associate himself one bit to africa. he said it himself in this thread. He said "i do not have one african parent." are you new here? that is why we constantly push that towards his attention because he neglects his roots. in addition, he does talk down about black people. he is acting differently when the discussion equates different variables.

we live in an age where there is so much information available, so being stripped of something is someone's undoing (at least given the fact that a person has access to information). there is a lot of mental approach to issues that have been passed down from western culture that is instilled in us. you should read about greek and roman mythology and how they addressed such topics, is similar to how we do it.
I don't go into his posts too much.

What I meant was thoughout history, now as you said, you can look it up these day. I was a history minor so a big part of my studies was Antiquity.

:stoneface:

xxx-nikki-benz-star-defends-racist-adult-stars.png

idk man sometimes that 3rd pic on the bottom left, don’t want trolls turning that into memes. however nice pics

oh thought that was u :lol:

Latino/hispanic as a "race" is designed to divide and is based on white supremacy

dumbest ish ive read here.

Latino is its own thing, its about representation. we carry ourselves as such, and will push back EVERYTIME attempts at undermining our own thing is afoot.

Arabs i congratulate for also fighting for their own category on da census.

dumbest ish ive read here.

Latino is its own thing, its about representation. we carry ourselves as such, and will push back EVERYTIME attempts at undermining our own thing is afoot.

Arabs i congratulate for also fighting for their own category on da census.
Of course it's the dumbest thing you've read on here if you've never read over your own posts on race before hitting 'post reply.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom