Guardians of the Galaxy (Film) - 8/1/14 - Starring Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Benic

This movie screams " OK " type of movie.. in general public

Only comic book guys will love this movie IMHO

I think if they release really good trailers they can get people interested. It being from Marvel could will also help. Not many fun, space adventure movies have been released except for Star Trek.

Considering both Marvel/Disney and director James Gunn felt a thirty-second preview during this month's Super Bowl wouldn't do justice to the very first visuals from Guardians of the Galaxy, it was assumed that the first trailer would at least arrive next month, closer to the international release of Captain America: The Winter Soldier. However, today the Alberta Film Ratings has revealed the teaser trailer is coming sooner than we thought. Coming in at 2 minutes and 23 seconds, the teaser trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy should debut next week, if not sooner. Therefore, expect some promotional efforts very soon, maybe during the Sochi Winter Olympics.

w146.png

http://www.albertafilmratings.ca/recentclasstrailers.aspx

Last edited:
Any better quality of that gif? That version looks very cartoonish, like a game cgi cut scene.

Also...

Yahoo Singapore @YahooSG

Look out for #Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy this 31 July. Teaser trailer out on 18 Feb. #VinDiesel #ZoeSaldana

Last edited:
I wish there were but that's the only one I could find. Cannot wait until next week for that trailer.

Yasssssssss lawd yassssssssssss

In honor of this, I have a team centered around Rocket Raccoon on UMVC3 :smokin

Last edited:
'Guardians of the Galaxy' crew comes down to Earth

As a child of the '80s stuck in space, Chris Pratt leads the cast of Marvel Studios' sci-fi venture.

The scenario almost sounds like the start of a sci-fi joke: A child of the 1980s, the deadliest woman in the galaxy, a tattooed green warrior, a talking raccoon and a sentient alien tree walk into an intergalactic prison.

Instead, it's the start of a new space saga, Guardians of the Galaxy, due Aug. 1 from Marvel Studios. Directed by James Gunn, the film is based on the cult comic book and continues to explore the Marvel Cinematic Universe of the Iron Man and Avengers films but in an entirely different way.

The first trailer will be in theaters Friday and premieres on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Tuesday night (11:35 ET/PT), with a special intro by star Chris Pratt.

Gunn likens the movie to someone's favorite indie band finally hitting the big time.

"All of a sudden, Arcade Fire becomes incredibly popular: 'I don't know if I like them that much anymore.' I'll happily deal with the cool people not thinking I'm cool anymore and making bigger movies!" the director says with a laugh.

The movie teams five disparate personalities: Peter Quill (Pratt), aka Star-Lord, was taken from Earth as a 9-year-old, possesses a mysterious orb artifact and pilots the Milano, a muscle car of a spaceship. Gamora (Zoe Saldana) is connected to Thanos, arguably the cosmos' biggest baddie. Drax the Destroyer (Dave Bautista) is a muscular dude you don't want to upset. And then there are the aliens Rocket Raccoon and Groot (computer-generated characters voiced by Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel, respectively), who are best pals and potentially the biggest things to happen to pop culture since Chewbacca.

Their stories converge in the space prison Kyln. After the characters break out, they venture to Knowhere (the severed head of a celestial being that serves as a hangout for aliens) and visit the weird menagerie of the Collector (Benicio Del Toro). They also have to avoid two villains, Ronan (Lee Pace) and Nebula (Karen Gillan), who are in hot pursuit of Quill's orb, which has the power to destroy the galaxy.

"There's a whole lot to this movie — it's not a stage play," Pratt says. "You couldn't make Guardians of the Galaxy the play and put it on Broadway. It really wouldn't work."

Yet even with all that sci-fi mayhem, Gunn adds, the movie is about "these characters, their emotions and their relationships."

The director is aiming for a mix of drama, romance and humor. Heroic Quill, with his '80s references and stunted social graces, provides some of the comic relief.

"Being stuck in space with no accountability makes for a strange combination of youthful vibrancy and cluelessness in a childlike man," says Pratt, whose character has a Han Solo-esque rogue quality in the beginning.

"He does some things that most people wouldn't get away with. But part of his arc is being willing to essentially sacrifice himself for the greater good of other people."

If anything, Guardians of the Galaxy is a fresh diversion for fans of superhero movies, Pratt says. "They know what to expect at every turn. So that's why it's important now to do a comic-book movie that no one's ever seen before.''

Rocket Racoon is gonna steal the show....count on it...honestly I see a bad *** Racoon with a bigger gun than himself and 4 other characters which I couldn't care much for :lol:

Marvel has a chance to start a, dare I say, Star Wars type series.....

I felt like they passed up the opportunity to make thor more than just a summer movie and make it more lord of the rings like.

And when I say a____ like movie I mean truly immures us in a new word. Completely cut us off from reality and create something.

Last edited:
^ I think they still have a chance.. I think in 3 they introduce the enchantress and executioner.. And then surtur shows up in Asgard and there is no way that Loki can deal with that and oden will be weakened and vulnerable by whatever Loki did to him.. Forcing thor's return to Asgard

But imagine if marvel can pull off a inhumans movie after this.. Assuming this does well

Considering how crappy green lantern was, marvel will have every aspect of the game on lock

^
I mean, it seems like they would have to. Movie should really showcase the galaxy part of the title. I like space movies that take you to new places that you wish you were real and could visit.

^ I think they still have a chance.. I think in 3 they introduce the enchantress and executioner.. And then surtur shows up in Asgard and there is no way that Loki can deal with that and oden will be weakened and vulnerable by whatever Loki did to him.. Forcing thor's return to Asgard

But imagine if marvel can pull off a inhumans movie after this.. Assuming this does well

Considering how crappy green lantern was, marvel will have every aspect of the game on lock

No Inhumans films until at least Phase 4 and that is still uncertain.

http://schmoesknow.com/marvels-phase-3-plans-unveiled-exclusive/

MARVEL’S PHASE 3 Plans Unveiled! (EXCLUSIVE)

So what’s true and what’s not so true? Well, here’s where Victor Jones comes in.

I can confirm that as of the end of January, Marvel had no plans to make a Guardians 2. Marvel was planning on Guardians being a one and done. So unless they have done a complete 180 in the last couple weeks, I very much doubt there will be a Guardians 2.

Now, fret not Guardian lovers. If the movie makes a boatload of money (which, come on, it probably will) then there might be a sequel. But all those reports that are saying there is already a Guardians of the Galaxy sequel in the works, not true. Until I hear otherwise, I think Victor is right on. He goes on to say:

They only have so many films they can do each year and they don’t want them all to be trilogies to where they’re just dealing with the same handful of characters for the next 5-10 years.

Makes sense. So what other characters will Marvel be looking to be exploring in Phase Three?

The movies that will be part of Phase III for absolute certain are: Ant-Man, Captain America 3, Thor 3, The Avengers 3 and Dr. Strange.

Also hearing some inner working conversations about Dr. Strange and how much Kevin Feige wanted Dr. Strange for Phase 2 at one point:

Feige has pretty much confirmed Dr. Strange for some time now. They really wanted it to be a part of Phase 2 at one point, but like Ant-Man that just didn’t happen. That’s probably the one that Feige is personally rooting for the most and as a result it is the solo film that is the highest priority other than the sequels.

As our conversation continued, we couldn’t help but get into some of the other rumors out there – like a INHUMANS movie or that ever elusive BLACK PANTHER movie.
There has been talk about Black Panther and lots of talk about The Inhumans, they’re in the pipeline but are pretty much in the same boat that Dr. Strange and Ant-Man were in two years ago, where they want them to happen, and they will most likely both happen, but it’s just a question of how soon. However, those five films (Ant-Man, Cap 3, Thor 3, Dr. Strange & Avengers 3) are sure things and I can guarantee you they will all be announced at Comic Con if not sooner.

I hope the trailer leaks somewhere. Been waiting for this trailer for so long and I'm also a Chris Pratt fan. 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom