Guardians of the Galaxy (Film) - 8/1/14 - Starring Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Benic

It's a trailer I expected to see. You all can act like you've read Guardians Of The Galaxy comics before, but the majority has never heard of them, so this was a perfect trailer to introduce the characters. And comedy was expected to be in this film, don't act like it's a surprise.

Expected Pratt to be like RDJ in IM films, just being snarky and sarcastic in parts but that was just way too much, it looks like a comedy than a sci-fi-comic-book film.

If this was an R-rated comedy, then it might be better but come on, they had to say "a" hole.

Last edited:
Because a two and a half minute trailer determines the tone of the whole movie I guess

Last edited:
That has got to Ronan holding up drax by the neck at the end of the trailer :nerd:

And you can see more than just the humor in the trailer, but I think they needed to make it accessible to viewers since they don't know the characters

Last edited:
And the movie has a damn racoon in it, how serious did you honestly expect this film to be?

Last edited:
Pratt :rofl:

Hes like a young Iron man/RDJ. Perfect for this role

But im wondering, is this almost like a comedy?

Im scared they made pratt almost to much like his character on Parks & Recs

Last edited:
I don't know a thing about Guardians of the galaxy but the trailer looks dope and I'll definitely watch it. Was that Benicio Del Toro's character, from the after credits scene in thor 2, that popped up briefly in the trailer??

Because a two and a half minute trailer determines the tone of the whole movie I guess

Eh, movie already feels like it has more comedy than Thor2s whole film and that's coming from a two and a half minute trailer. Even worse is that it feels forced.

And the movie has a damn racoon in it, how serious did you honestly expect this film to be?

TDK has a man dressed as a Bat the whole film, how serious do you expect it to be?

Stop acting like they couldn't have made that trailer better. Marvel knows what they are doing and they wanted to convey a comedic vibe in the film so it's perfectly fine for people to feel that way. Right now, to me at least, it feels very kiddish and it doesn't help that there is a Racoon and giant stump in it.

Last edited:
I don't know a thing about Guardians of the galaxy but the trailer looks dope and I'll definitely watch it. Was that Benicio Del Toro's character, from the after credits scene in thor 2, that popped up briefly in the trailer??

Yup..

And the chick in the group is the daughter of thanos

TDK has a man dressed as a Bat the whole film, how serious do you expect it to be?

Very considering his motives to becoming what he is.

And how do you know the Racoon doesn't have the same motive here? Like you said, these guys are unknown.

Hell they just said that Drax been on a rampage every since his family has been murdered but hey, let's joke about it and call them a-holes.

Again, Marvel conveyed what they wanted it to be for most of the audience who has no knowledge of these characters so what is wrong for feeling the way they wanted you to feel?

And no one is even writing off the film already, some just felt disappointed with what they showed and how they showed it.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with Guardians at all... so I don't have an opinion on what the trailer should or shouldn't have been.

As a "new viewer" but someone who loves comic/superhero movies, this trailer definitely hooked my interest.

I'm not familiar with Guardians at all... so I don't have an opinion on what the trailer should or shouldn't have been.

As a "new viewer" but someone who loves comic/superhero movies, this trailer definitely hooked my interest.
all of this.

Well said man

original.gif

The music for a 2 minute trailer was just fine,

also, in 2 minutes Marvel just dookie'd all over DC's "Green Lantern" movie.

Julius F. Wrek

Last edited:
so this the newest version of GOTG not the one with charlie 57 and marvel this could be dope if the guest spot that got coming after credits delivers but u know he will

I thought it was known that GotG was gonna have a comedic tone?

Or was that just speculation based on Pratt being casted?

GotG was always gonna be comedic, I mean just look at the cast of misfits that make up the team.

People are just disappointed because a lot of the jokes fell flat and the few action shots they had didnt satisfy the peoples thirst. I'm sure people will be happy once more gets shown. This is still one of my most anticipated blockbusters this year (second to Godzilla).

I thought it was known that GotG was gonna have a comedic tone?

Or was that just speculation based on Pratt being casted?

I knew it would have humor but again like RDJ in IM. So far it feels like a full blown comedy. Also felt like Star-Lord getting mad over his walkman was unnecessary, I guess it is to convey he is from the 80s? They could have shown more action or at least the galaxy/universe to give you a feeling of the new world they are trying to show and explore with this film.

Overall, cgi and costumes look great, it doesn't look cheesy or cheap (which was a little doubt in my mind).

Movie is still a must see for 2014 though for sure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom