GSWARRIORS THREAD VOL. ANDDD AGAINNNN NBA CHAMPIONS

All he needed was some motivation I guess. 😂

seems to always work out that way.. right when steph throws back to back turnovers and my boy and i are texting about how boneheaded he can be, he finishes the quarter on a personal 6-0 run

in any case, warriors are ******* legit contenders and i’m juiced. dray really got that playoff mode defense. five fouls with 4 minutes left and he still trusts himself to defend jokic aggressively. DPOY **** right there

Dubs played an ugly game and the nuggets managed to only win by 5. Felt like refs were against us too but I don’t know if that’s just bias- I feel like the refs are always against us...

What an amazing Game 1. Even with that ridiculous flagrant 2 call, the W's really showed their veteran leadership and continued to fight in the second half.

Klay's progress in the last two months have been very promising. Dude is playing hard and making the necessary adjustments in game to help the team win. He definitely has his touch back, it's just a matter of him continuing to regain his quickness on the defensive end. WHAT A GREAT CLOSEOUT ON JA to end the game.

Jordan Poole is getting paid. Period. Lacob better have that contract ready to go. Seeing him play with Klay and Steph so fluidly is great.

Otto Porter the veteran off the bench has paid off so far. The W's are definitely getting great value out of him.

I'm going to miss GP2. Dude is going to get a well-deserved contract after this season.

Game 2 will be close, but I think this win is going to hurt Memphis a lot. Also think Ja is hurt from that fall during the 1st qtr and Bane looks to have a bum ankle. Curious to see how they will play in game 2.

One thing for sure, Jackson Jr. isn't going to have the same game as he did in Game 1. Dude got hot.

Dillon Brooks is trash.

Klay man.. SMH. 🤦🏽‍♂️
Klay had a horrible night. what was he, like 5-20? then that travel in crunch time >.<

Ja going crazy in the 4th was special tho man. can’t even front.

the whole team was not shooting well from distance.

even with all that, Dubs had a chance to steal another one. Klay will bounce. the team shooting and efficiency will bounce back.

more importantly, i hope GP2 is okay.

this is a series where we need GP2’s defense on Ja, especially if Iggy’s old *** can’t get on the court.

Ja will still score on GP2 but at least there’s some resistance to the hoop

this is a series where we need GP2’s defense on Ja, especially if Iggy’s old *** can’t get on the court.

Ja will still score on GP2 but at least there’s some resistance to the hoop
i thought the defense was decent on Ja down the stretch, he was just going full super saiyan attacking the rim and hitting some incredible *** shots that i honestly don’t think many people are capable of making.

Super dirty play, he should def be suspended for a game. He def wasn’t aiming for the ball and winded up. :smh:

It's a annoying loss that the W's had control of winning.

Yeah, that late 4th qtr foul on Draymond when they were up 1 was critical (Scott Foster called that). But they should've won that game regardless of the stupid TOs they committed in the 4th. Couldn't shoot a high percentage, they should've kept driving to the hoop and focus on the midrange.

Someone needs to sit Klay down and tell him to stop forcing his shot. I get it. We live and die by his play, but an extra pass at certain times would've helped.

Game 3 will be intense. That crowd better be hot. Sucks that GP2 is out. So annoying.

it's like steph said, they seem to have forgotten how to close games out....

reminds me of the time where we were on the cusp of being a really good team, but we would always beat ourselves....

Where's the championship pedigree??

I think you can see the rust of lost time together. Hopefully protecting home court will wake that up.

The Vets looked exhausted in that 4th. No excuses, but the Grizz definitely turned it up a notch the last few mins to close out.

I think Steve's timing was slightly off on bringing Steph back in during the 4th. I know Poole had 5 fouls, but that lineup had the Grizz on the ropes. Steph came in and back to back TO' s that led to Williams 3's. Grizz attacked Poole and it worked. He came back in to close with 5 fouls and was playing traffic cone defense on Ja whenever they switched it.

Despite the bad shooting they had a chance. BUT you gotta keep the TO's down. Take care of the ball. Talking to Steph and Dray. Grizz long *** arms are in the passing lanes.

By FAR the worst result was in the first 3 minutes of the game. Brooks man :smh: changed the whole Offs for the dubs. That is how important GP2 is. With such a small team, a guy that can defend like GP was crucial for this team. So at the very least it changes not only this series, but if the warriors escape this series, it changes the rest of a possible run.

Last edited:
Same story...fouls and turnovers. Game 1 is 4 forced dumb passes by Dray and last night it was Curry doing his usual. Have to protect the ball and each possession, especially on the road.

The chucking of the 3's is what sealed the loss. Stopped going at the rim when it was working, especially when Jackson fouled out. Just poor shooting - timing looked rushed and they almost played like they were the team lacking playoff experience. Good to have a few days off because of the travel, get some shots up, regroup and play our game. After all that, it still took Ja 40+ to beat us in what was just a crappy game by the Warriors over all. If that's how the Grizz show they can win a series, so be it.

even with JJJ in there, the lane is open for steph to attack every single time. idk if it’s because he usually doesn’t get the benefit of the whistle on contact but it’s frustrating to see him settle for outside shots. even though he can shoot the warriors back from any deficit, we’ve seen how the offense opens up so much more when defenses have to respect his drive to the rim.

in any case, love seeing JP continue to play aggressive and attack. he’s definitely taking a lot of bumps this series

Takes on the game I didn't watch?
  • poole is him
  • wiggins is picking and choosing when to be aggressive on offense and it’s making a difference
  • warriors team rebounding is a thing of beauty. my legit fear heading into this series was clarke killin us on the boards but dray and wiggs are doin the damn thang on the glass and on box outs
  • poole is him
  • role players do shoot better at home
  • klay finally with an efficient game shooting and is looking better on defense
  • dubs need to keep closing out on shooters, at some point, bane and brooks are gonna get hot in the same game
  • warriors need to attack morant more on defense. kid is food on that end
  • steph is the most selfless superstar i’ve watched in my lifetime. dude knows a team win is greater than an individual win. also, he was putting the clamps on bane.
  • memphis is not ready to respond to a warriors avalanche. dubs took that game in a matter of minutes in the third quarter. from up 8 to like up 20 in a 5 minute stretch. dubs 3G and D line up too good
  • kuminga is too young and it shows on offense. he’ll get there but right now, as soon as the ball swings to him, he’s pressing too hard and wants to take it to the basket. even when he’s the fourth option behind steph, jp, klay and wiggins, he’ll see himself as the primary. kid’s gonna be so damn good in due time.
  • poole is HIM

Back
Top Bottom