GREY MARKET DISCUSSION THREAD VOL. 2!!! (LET'S KEEP THE DISCUSSION MATURE) RULES ON PG 1 PLEASE READ

That article doesn't change the fact that GMs are still fake as hell breh. Or are you the type that actually thinks GMs are just thousands of early samples floating around?
Nah. I don't think that at all.  I just don't care whether or not someone is wearing GM's.  As long as a cat isn't trying to pass them off as store bought and trying to get over. I think that's the main issue with the GM.  Too many people trying to defraud the next in the name of profit.  

What he's saying is that there are tons of Authorized or Sample releases that are early and or after RD, but if you are going to say that there or 10's of 100's of thousands then that includes the fakes as well as the Authorized that were snuck out the back door of the Actual Nike plants.

oregons never released.

not that many legit pairs out there. oregon players and who ever JB/Nike hooked up with pairs.

98% of the ones for sale right now on the resell market are FAKE

^Exactly what a-friend a-friend saidYes there are fakes and the fakes outnumber the authentic pairs. But are not 10s or 100s of thousands of oregons snuck out the back of an authorized factory.

The article I linked those guys snuck them out of the authorized factory. They worked for nike and had the authorization to order pairs from factories in China.

Last edited:
The article I linked those guys snuck them out of the authorized factory. They worked for nike and had the authorization to order pairs from factories in China.

which is why i didnt comment on the article/sitation.

it was talked about months ago when it happened. the guy worked for nike and was buying legit samples and selling them/collecting or w/e

:lol: @ you dudes thinking he was messing with fakes

which is why i didnt comment on the article/sitation.

it was talked about months ago when it happened. the guy worked for nike and was buying legit samples and selling them/collecting or w/e

:lol: @ you dudes thinking he was messing with fakes

Well... They were off the clock, backdoor shoes that were illegally ordered, obtained and then sold. Technically they could be considered counterfeit.

Last edited:
what was? the samples dude from nike was buying?

he wouldnt have gotten busted if they werent real :lol:

what was? the samples dude from nike was buying?

he wouldnt have gotten busted if they werent real :lol:

He got busted because he worked for Nike and was ordering his own runs of shoes that Nike had not authorized for his own personal profit.

This is backdoor manufacturing in every sense of the phrase.

Last edited:
i didnt read that article but maybe im confusing it with another story.

didnt a guy recently guy busted for buying samples?

but if its the same story, sure you can call them counterfeit but they are nothing like the fakes out on the market. they are actually made by nike, after hours or not. which is why nike did something about it.

if any of these kicks being sold by these other sites were made in nike factories or by nike illegally they would have been shut down by now and thats a fact

Yea he got busted for selling something not intended for sale, not because they weren't real.
I'm sure the samples shoes have a "sample" tag and not one that reads "not for individual sale" but he knew he was braking laws but the dollar chase outweighed his want to follow the law, obviously Nike is serious when they say don't sell for profit because they had his *** indicted.

Yea he got busted for selling something not intended for sale, not because they weren't real.
I'm sure the samples shoes have a "sample" tag and not one that reads "not for individual sale" but he knew he was braking laws but the dollar chase outweighed his want to follow the law, obviously Nike is serious when they say don't sell for profit because they had his *** indicted.

ok so was he buying samples or was he having samples made?

i didnt read that article but maybe im confusing it with another story.

didnt a guy recently guy busted for buying samples?

but if its the same story, sure you can call them counterfeit but they are nothing like the fakes out on the market. they are actually made by nike, after hours or not. which is why nike did something about it.

if any of these kicks being sold by these other sites were made in nike factories or by nike illegally they would have been shut down by now and thats a fact

A buyer and 2 suppliers recently got busted for buying, ordering and possessing illegal samples.

Anything that is not approved by Nike = Counterfeit. It does not matter if they were made in the same facilities or not.

Additionally, it is NOT a fact that Nike would have shut down people manufacturing third shift runs in their facilities. Nike has very little control over what goes on in their contractors facilities. Compared to the Pou Chen Group, Nike has no clout in China.

Buying samples

1 person indited was buying/reselling. The other 2 were ordering to be made.

Last edited:
In that article up there^^^^the guy was buying samples, not having them made.

Did I miss something?

^ Yeah, Jason Michael Keating was buying/selling. Tung Wing Ho and Kyle Keoki Yamaguchi had access to Nike manufacturing facilities and ordered excess runs of illegal sample pairs.

Ill find the actual court docs and post them for you in a second.

Last edited:
^ Yeah, Jason Michael Keating was buying/selling. Tung Wing Ho and Kyle Keoki Yamaguchi had access to Nike manufacturing facilities and ordered excess runs of illegal sample pairs.

thats fine

again, im not saying they are "authentic" they tech are made by nike

BUT i hope you are not implying that these kicks on the market right now the "GM" are actually made by nike in nike factories because they arent. the shoes are high quality replica as stated 2 different sellers told me the same

thats fine

BUT i hope you are not implying that these kicks on the market right now the "GM" are actually made by nike in nike factories because they arent. the shoes are high quality replica as stated 2 different sellers told me the same

But there are cases where people are being arrested (Tung Ho and Kyle Yamaguchi), their arrest and charges are proof that "some of the GM" are made in the same factories. It still doesn't authenticate them, they are still GM but, there are 100% without a doubt shoes that are being sold on the open market that are unauthorized/GM that are made in the same factory.
There just is, not all of them are, actually probably a very small percentage are who knows but it's true

Last edited:
1nike.jpg

2nike.jpg

3nike.jpg

4nike.jpg

5nike.jpg

6nike.jpg

7nike.jpg

8nike.jpg

9nike.jpg

10nike.jpg

thats fine

That's not what I'm implying. It's pretty apparent (in the case of XIs at least) that the GMs are being manufactured in separate facilities, using the lasts/molds of older production runs, as is a very common practice in the counterfeiting industry.

Back
Top Bottom