GREY MARKET DISCUSSION THREAD VOL. 2!!! (LET'S KEEP THE DISCUSSION MATURE) RULES ON PG 1 PLEASE READ

those look good?

nah

if you think they look better than authentics then you might have some fakes :lol:

my authentics are freakin beautiful IMO

The widows peak, wider collar, higher patent leather and larger toe box are all dead ringers for the 2001 XIs. It's very likely that the GM manufacturer used an older mold to produce those, which is very common in the counterfeiting industry.

To each their own, but I own every XI from the 1995s trough the 2011s and can tell you the 2011's are by far the worst of the bunch.

:lol: You guys have gotten so used to the skimpy patent leather JB uses now, I think you forgot what XIs used to look like.

One of the toecaps on that pair does look pretty botched though. :x

Last edited:
I don't think that it necessarily has to be old equipment. It's not as if only Nike factories have access to machining and labor. Old molds aren't needed anymore if they get a hold of the tech pack for any given shoe which I'm sure they do. The tech pack contains all the specifications from dimensions to materials used and where. Once they get the tech pack they design a manufacturing process that can produce the shoe to those specifications. There are plenty of GM shoes that come out to spec, a lot of them don't though because there's no real standard for quality for these shoes.

You could be right everything up grades including the "fake" sweatshops

Last edited:
anyone even know the differences of the GM/Fake XVII's?
Well...they haven't ever been retroed, right? So you could go off appearance alone. OGs should look 12 years old. GMs will look way too new and crispy, and they'll have that new shoe GM smell. 

But other than that, I don't know what the differences are at all.

Well...they haven't ever been retroed, right? So you could go off appearance alone. OGs should look 12 years old. GMs will look way too new and crispy, and they'll have that new shoe GM smell. 

other than looking brand new, im referring to look, leather cuts.

i never seen anyone talking about them because in pics they look like the real deal.

was just curious.

Repped for logic. Good point mate

Some of these knockoffs take more than One trained eye to spot the differences, "it takes a Village" in the less common Reps but, cats will smoke out the fakes at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Do your GM Toros run slightly smaller? I've heard that the GM shoes all run small.

My NDC Toros are not the most comfortable shoe either, but I've never found the 4s to be comfy.

1s are actually the Js I find most comfy. I can walk in them for 4 straight hours and have no discomfort at all.
Idk if all GM shoes run small but my toros run a little smaller than my breds that are both size 10

Do your GM Toros run slightly smaller? I've heard that the GM shoes all run small.

My NDC Toros are not the most comfortable shoe either, but I've never found the 4s to be comfy.

1s are actually the Js I find most comfy. I can walk in them for 4 straight hours and have no discomfort at all.
Idk

Idk if all GM shoes run small but my toros run a little smaller than my breds that are both size 10
if all GM shoes run small but my toros run a little smaller than my breds that are both size 10

Your Toro 4's run smaller than your Bred 4's? Or Bred 11's?

Anyway for those saying that same materials same factories = fake what do you think about this? These guys were ordering samples, PEs, etc from Nike factory, as they had the authority to do, but then putting it on the market. One guy was arrested with 2000 pairs of nikes in his apartment in China.

Do you guys think those are fake or nah? Likely how people get ahold of these samples.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...poses-20g-stolen-shoes-feds-article-1.1761383

Anyway for those saying that same materials same factories = fake what do you think about this? These guys were ordering samples, PEs, etc from Nike factory, as they had the authority to do, but then putting it on the market. One guy was arrested with 2000 pairs of nikes in his apartment in China.

Do you guys think those are fake or nah? Likely how people get ahold of these samples.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...poses-20g-stolen-shoes-feds-article-1.1761383
Cats will still say they are fake even when presented with articles like this. It doesn't really matter that much to me though.  If a cat wants a pair of shoes and he has the money to buy them, then do you. 

Cats will still say they are fake even when presented with articles like this. It doesn't really matter that much to me though.  If a cat wants a pair of shoes and he has the money to buy them, then do you. 
That article doesn't change the fact that GMs are still fake as hell breh. Or are you the type that actually thinks GMs are just thousands of early samples floating around?

That article doesn't change the fact that GMs are still fake as hell breh. Or are you the type that actually thinks GMs are just thousands of early samples floating around?
Exactly what I was thinking. This in no way describes the huge mass produced shoes the rep sites are selling. This was an inside job.

Im talking mainly about samples, PEs, and other rare kicks. There are no thousands and thousands of Oregons or Marquettes, or Georgetowns.
Dude there tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of GMs all the oregon shoes. 

Last edited:
Im talking mainly about samples, PEs, and other rare kicks. There are no thousands and thousands of Oregons or Marquettes, or Georgetowns.
I even found some Marquettes for you. Since you think there are only legit samples going around...I'll sell them to you for only 500 bucks. I mean, they go for about 2500 on Ebay...so I would assume you're down, since you could easily sell them yourself for 400% profit, right?

Back
Top Bottom