GREY MARKET DISCUSSION THREAD VOL. 2!!! (LET'S KEEP THE DISCUSSION MATURE) RULES ON PG 1 PLEASE READ

Zyzz:

Under what name or website is Air Randy now currently selling GM sneakers. Remember, we are allowed to name and discuss sellers in this thread unlike in the original GM thread. I cleared this with mods already, which is why I removed that part from the rules list on the first page. As long as you don't do it in a way that is supportive or endorsing the site or seller, it's ok. So again, under what name/platform is Air Randy still selling?

Im not sure to be honest. i know he had Sole-Up.com but i think he changed to something else recently. someone on here knows im sure.

I appreciate this question aksuited aksuited and would also like to know, and Zyzz if you hear or find out, can you let me know mate.
Be mad appreciated
Though it's not likely I'm buying a shoe from any site that isn't Nike/Eastbay/FNL or similar, I'd like to know which site belonged to this Airandy guy in case I or someone I know is grabbing there.
Funny but, if I'm paying over retail, it's going to be a seller of my choice on eBay. I trust no sites selling over retail, to sell me Authentics.

Last edited:
People tearing apart Ninjahood's authentic Footlocker 3s is all the proof I need.
Ok JC CHAMBERS....you claim Ninjahood's 3's are from footlocker. LOLOLOL. Okaaaaaaaaay. They look like the real thing because "it's d same shoe, b".....Right?  I don't think so buddy. Look again. If you think these are from FTL, then that's probably why you think GMs are the same thing as retail pairs. He got them from MentalKicks. He said so himself. 

Look how "perfectly normal" these collars are...LOL. 

And there's def nothing wrong with the EP there, or how the entire left shoe (pictured on the right) slopes laughably towards the outside of the shoe.

FAMB....you really think these came from FTL and not Mental Kicks? This GM garbage really looks the same to you as retail pairs? REally? Collars are supposed to look like that? Ankles are supposed to look like that? Ep cut and toeboxes are supposed to look like that? OK.

A dude in my building has GM kicks and he thinks their real... they look good to the untrained eye but if you REALLY about that sneaker life you know a knockoff...

Son has concords, military 4s, fire red 3s that looks good but i know their fake. He probably has no clue but if he does then hey, fake it til u make it

Most of these dudes wear sneakers for attention from chicks and them girls dont know the difference...

Btw too many gamma 11s in these streets

post a person selling "authentic" shoes like you said. if you want PM me. if you want it to be private i have no issue. we can go back and forth but top china "GM" sellers openly admit that they sell fakes, what else do you want :lol:

links please (not calling you wrong)

I am extremely curious about this.

cosign

Again, me being logical,
No top shoe site is going to "openly admit" that it sales fakes.
It affects the bottom line negatively with that one word "fakes", I wouldn't do it, bet China sites or any other site selling shoes would skip that admit

Please don't think I'm coming at you but..
If you can ask others to post their proof of their statements, I'd like to ask the same of you

i just said who the seller was and i had posted the conversation on here. someone find the thread, i think it was a short one that was closed but its still on the site. i cannot even think what it was called. Ill see if i have the pic saved on NT.

Nice. I see how you could make that comment then.
That picture doesn't name the site who made the comment though, and if they are a "top China site".
But I know what you're getting at, I'm off it.

Thanks for doing the work to post the proof though. Repped

okay, i've been out the game for years... last "heat" i copped were DMPs and 10/13 pack.

this GM stuff is new to me. with that being said.

HOW ARE THESE FACTORIES GETTING AWAY WITH THIS?! :lol:

that **** is beyond wild to me.

so stuff i copped early back in the day could've been GM? if so I ripped off a lot of people at Dunk Exchanges. or did this not exist yearsago?

the sneaker game is hitting new levels still to this day.

if answered already, sorry please point me to the post.

can anyone answer this for me please? Is Nike not doing anything?

That picture doesn't name the site who made the comment though, and if they are a "top China site".

I have no reason to lie about it being Kinstor :lol:

Kinstor and Kistor are both the same seller, two different sites. I think Rstor is owned by the same guy too.

I have no reason to lie about it being Kinstor :lol:

Kinstor and Kistor are both the same seller, two different sites. I think Rstor is owned by the same guy too.

Man, I felt you after you dropped the pic. You going further though tells me more about the original comment, it says you weren't talking out your ***.
Dope

I think there must be different levels of GM's, just like the straight fakes, you got those horrible 30 dollar fakes all the way up to the super perfects or whatever they call them. It might be the same thing with GM's. Maybe some are made with the same materials in the same factory. And some are made in the same factory with leftover materials,but if they run out of certin materials they just replace it with something close to that material. I think there's a combination of things going on here. If a GM shoes was exactly the same as authentic no would know and no one would be able to tell the difference, so they'd never be called GM. It's the GM's with the small differences that let people know that GM's actually exist.
I'm not saying any of this is fact, just speculation on my part.

This is exactly the case. I have a reasonable amount of knowledge about this kind of thing due to my experience Toy Manufacturing Industry. There are many different levels of "Fakes"... Ill try to break this down simply using sneakers as examples.

Knockoffs - Product made to resemble a known property, but does not use trademarked logos and has enough differences as to not infringe any copyright law. ie: Walmart/Payless 4 stripe "Adidas"

Bootlegs - Lowest level counterfeits. Cheaply made, obviously fake products. May or may not use trademarked logos. ie: Spongebob Jordans, 360 Air-Max soled Jordans, etc.

Fakes - Cheaply made, inexpensive counterfeit products that infringe companies trademarked logos. Products are usually severely lacking in quality. Fakes are most commonly reverse engineered from an authentic. This is why the old Hata-Takahashi fake XIs from the early 00s resembled the OG 1996 shape instead of the 2000/2001 lasts and why outright fakes differ so blatantly from the authentic product. Early HT fakes even had slightly "worn down" soles when they were brand new, because the XIs they were reverse engineered from were not DS. ie: Superbs Jams a few pages back

Grey Market - Unauthorized products produced with the copyright holders blueprints and specifications of the authentic. When a company hires a contractor to manufacture a product, that contractor now has the means to reproduce that product on their own. Many (almost all) contractors do this and while the product is not necessarily made in the same factories or with the exact same construction methods, they are extremely close to the authentic product. Because contractors have access to the materials for production, Grey Markets typically made with the exact same materials used on the authentic. ie: most of the shoes ITT

Third Shift/Backdoor - Unauthorized products that are identical to the authentic. These use the same construction methods and are made in the same factories, by the same workers as the authentics. This happens when contractors intentionally overproduce a product with the intent of selling the extra stock themselves.

Defective/B-Grade - Authentic products that are deemed flawed by the manufacturer and sold to discount stores or sent to factory outlets. ie: Shoes stamped with the "B" on the tag you might find at the Nike Outlet or Marshalls (I haven't seen any stamped B-grades in a long time, most of what the outlets sell is leftover dead stock)

Authentic - Authorized products sold through official channels. ie: the stuff you buy from NDC, FL, etc.

"You can't tell the difference". Who can't? :lol:

Again, this isn't the "why you should buy or not buy GM shoes" thread. This thread is to inform people that they are in fact FAKE

Last edited:

Again, this isn't the "why you should buy or not bar GM shoes" thread. This thread is to inform people that they are in fact FAKE

Exactly, I could give a **** who can n can't tell..
I CAN TELL..

This new generation :smh:.. :lol:

Last edited:

Again, this isn't the "why you should buy or not buy GM shoes" thread. This thread is to inform people that they are in fact FAKE

This thread is for just about everything that's being discussed.
Let's not put rules on top of the "rules" OP outlined in his initial post.
The point of this thread is discussion, about GM's. If it doesn't suit you fine, but it may suit someone else who isn't up to par with
your type of knowledge or criticism

Last edited:
@JCChambers So you're saying that you told NinjaHood to purposely rep his Legits as GM, to see if people would rip him once they heard they were GM's?

Lol, dope man.
If your story is true, I can only imagine how you would value opinions of those who ripped a legit shoe because they were told it was GM.
That's funny, but it's indicative of so much I see here.

@JCChambers So you're saying that you told NinjaHood to purposely rep his Legits as GM, to see if people would rip him once they heard they were GM's?

Lol, dope man.
If your story is true, I can only imagine how you would value opinions of those who ripped a legit shoe because they were told it was GM.
That's funny, but it's indicative of so much I see here.

Yup. Also, in the last thread cats were calling other authentics fakes, and fakes authentic. The lines have been blurred.

It appears they have.

The lines are blurred do let's just buy fakes?

Ok

95% are fake not gm and the gm holders sell fakes too so without a connect being just a customer your getting fakes

None of this pertains to me cuz I don't buy anything new I only buy from collectors pre 07 pairs except on rare occasions but to know there are ppl here on nt posting fakes are okay cause of cheaper alternative is just ****** up

Last edited:
Nobody's saying "let's buy fakes" though, but I'm speaking for myself, and I'm definitely appreciating the education on something I spend my money in regularly.

You're saying your buying for your own for "research" purposes w/e that means

No research is needed for what? there fake..
Without a good connect or even with one your grey markets are variant really no ifs ands or buts about it so what's to research..

:lol: @ superb's space jams..figures

Back
Top Bottom