GREY MARKET DISCUSSION THREAD VOL. 2!!! (LET'S KEEP THE DISCUSSION MATURE) RULES ON PG 1 PLEASE READ

they arent the same shoes tho. same factory or not. compare the shoes, materials are no where close
I said IF ...  based on the scenario stated on the first page of factories making extra pairs and letting Air Randy pull his van up to the back door...

Those 11's look close enough. Like someone said above the quality Jordan putting out should be considered Gm sometimes.. Nike too, remember damn near all the yeezy foams reeked of nail polish, all the glue stains, bad stitching. smh. 

It's way harder to call fakes now a days.. I remember when you could just smell the shoe and know if it was fake. Back when they more so did different colors. But Jordan brand stole all the ******ed colorways from the fakes. 
laugh.gif

haven't read the entire thread, but the word "fake" takes on new meanings in these types of discussions....

if a shoe is made in the same factory, with the same materials it's not "fake" .... as some have said, it's simply "unauthorized"

calling it fake is like calling copied video games fake.... it's the same game you're getting from Gamestop for $60 -- minus the box and instruction booklet

at the end of the day, my feelings on unauthorized products leans more towards the I'm cool with it side --- reason being, these companies are out of hand with the prices they charge for these goods ... 

a pair of assembly line sneakers with glue stains and limited durability should not cost $200

As soon as you can prove they're made in the same factory, by the same people, using the same materials, feel free to post that.

These myths about where they come from are just that. Not calling you out, I'm just saying if you're going to state it, or anyone else, back it up.

As soon as you can prove they're made in the same factory, by the same people, using the same materials, feel free to post that.

These myths about where they come from are just that. Not calling you out, I'm just saying if you're going to state it, or anyone else, back it up.
If there was proof they were made in the same place, etc how would you feel then?

If there was proof they were made in the same place, etc how would you feel then?

What kind of question is this? This is all for our benefit.

"I'd be devastated" :x

I'll tell you now there's already proof they do NOT use the same materials. That's not even debatable

Last edited:

again... i said IF..... IF..... IF..... IF ....

never hinted that it was a fact or I knew something no one else did ...

but let's be logical here..... is it so far fetched to think that some asian factory isn't mass producing pairs on the side?

lets take it step further and throw this out there ----- is it far fetched to believe that a Nike/Jordan rep wouldn't ALLOW these factories to make extra pairs for the GM and in return have their products made for even cheaper?

too bad there isnt proof because if it was true we would know 100%

There was a few kids that were hustlin footaction around my way last year returning fakes. They would buy fakes for 100-120 and jus return em wit the real receipt from the the store bought joints. Would make a quick 60 everytime. My mall doesn't take back new releases Js anymore cuz of it...

I'd still feel like the shoes are fake. Just because they are made in the same factory, doesn't mean anything. Factories in China are large. It's not like they have a factory that ONLY assembles retro Jordans. The same factory most likely assemble ALL SORTS of products. Purses, shirts, belts, pants, hats, jackets....most likely from a WIDE variety of clients and brands.

So while it might be the same factory, it wouldn't exclude the likely probability of the assemblers using bootleg materials and methods.

Now if there was proof that they were being made in the same factory, with the same materials (and not scraps or pieces that got allocated as waste due to quality issues), with the same exact methods, without cutting any corners....then that would be different.

I'd be more accepting of a shoe made with proven identical materials (down to adhesives, threading, EVERYTHING), in a different factory...rather than a shoe made in the same factory with questionable materials.

How about you prove they are made with the same materials because I can prove that GM nightshade 11 lows and concord 11 lows do not have the same materials as retail pairs just the same way a lot of other dudes can prove the same with other GM shoes.

I have a hard time accepting that GM pairs and Authentics are coming from the same factories.

one of the biggest giveaways i've seen on grey market pairs is the Box (wrong shape, wrong color of cement prints on jordan 4 box, etc.) but if they come from the same place, i think they could make the exact same boxes with no problems.

Whether or not they're made in the same factories with the same materials, GM shoes are unauthorized by Nike which makes them illegal. Being unauthorized makes them fake regardless of materials and where they're made IMO.

Whether or not they're made in the same factories with the same materials, GM shoes are unauthorized by Nike which makes them illegal. Being unauthorized makes them fake regardless of materials and where they're made IMO.

You know the saying, "Fake it till Nike make it," or something like that.

While I respect/support your opinion, a lot of GM supporters, or people that are okay with GMs, are gonna say that it's just the same shoe without authorization. The point of this thread is to make apparent the subtle differences that have become OBVIOUS to alot of us.

A lot of people can't tell the difference, or assume that GMs look and feel exactly the same as retails pairs. THEY DON'T...as evident in the legit check section, and in this thread as well. GMs are cheaper, look cheaper, and aren't the same shoe. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing some comparisons between GM Sport Blue 6's and retail pairs. This will be only the second retro Jordan I buy this year, and I've been looking forward to this release for a while. I'm not very educated at spotting common GM flaws with 6's, nor do I even know what to look for. Looking to learn some more in the upcoming weeks leading up to and following the release.

oh yea? Same materials? Explain concord 11 soles aging completely different then...

I'll wait

And smh at you guys talkin about buying fakes
If you read the thread its stated its different grades of fakes bro. Im pretty sure the "top of the line" fakes use some of the same materials. And whats wrong with having a informative conversation about fakes?

nothings wrong with talking about them, but theres literally people interested in this thread in buying them. also, the highest grade fakes still dont look or age the same

Yore better than that RobFord.
If you've read the thread which I know you have, you'd know nobody is on here talking like "I'm buying fakes instead of reals".

Don't be like that, if you want to be like that cool, but like I said, you're better than that.
Act like it

Back
Top Bottom