GREY MARKET DISCUSSION THREAD VOL. 2!!! (LET'S KEEP THE DISCUSSION MATURE) RULES ON PG 1 PLEASE READ

NOBODY cares if you choose to by GM shoes. The thread is to inform others that GM shoes are fake.

If you or others want to by fakes that's perfectly fine.

The problem is people are claiming the fakes are real

Why is that a problem to you?

You know these are fakes.

They know these are fakes.

I really cant see the problem.

People 'stunting' with fake pairs , belts , watches . So .... what?

Last edited:
NOBODY cares if you choose to by GM shoes. The thread is to inform others that GM shoes are fake.

If you or others want to by fakes that's perfectly fine.

Exactly how I feel, some are taking the thread like it's an attack on those that can't afford or choose not to spend money on resale.

Problem to me? No because I know better. It's a problem to people getting into buying shoes being told they're real so they spend their money on them when they want authentic shoes. That's who we're trying to help.

THEY don't know they're fake.

Last edited:
Problem to me? No because I know better. It's a problem to people getting into buying shoes being told they're real so they spend their money on them when they want authentic shoes. That's who we're trying to help.

So you re telling me that the big percentage of people buying from a site they cannot use without google translate thinks their pairs are authentic 100% nike pairs...And that you are in here trying to INFORM these people that these arent real pairs,

Sorry but after reading all the pages in this thread , this does NOT SEEM TO BE THE CASE.

People buying GM pairs are arguing with people standing against the GM market.

That s what this thread is about up until now

No help in here just people from both sides going back and forth without ANYONE convincing each other....

Wanna help people understanding why gm pairs are fake / not authentic?

Make this a picture comparison thread between a retail pair and an authentic pair , so they see that they re buying crap.

All these pages are just useless up until now with some minor exceptions ...

Last edited:
As a business owner I can see the problem Nike, or other business owners, or just people in general would have with people "supporting" illegal profits.

With that being said, I myself also understand why the sites would do it(doesn't justify it, but I understand)
I don't understand how they can get away with it, it seems like NIKE knows more about this, may even participate in said sites.

"The essence of capitalism is exploitation"

I have a problem with people being exploited too, though.

Last edited:
As a business owner I can see the problem Nike, or other business owners, or just people in general would have with people "supporting" illegal profits.

With that being said, I myself also understand why the sites would do it(doesn't justify it, but I understand)
I don't understand how they can get away with it, seems like NIKE knows more about this, may even participate in said sites.

"The essence of capitalism is exploitation"

I have a problem with people being exploited too, though.

A + :smokin

Why do you care? You stopped wearing basketball sneakers for fashion when you got out of high school anyways .
laugh.gif
Yeah, but I still would like to know the difference. If there is no difference, other than the means of procurement, then why would anyone care?

So you re telling me that the big percentage of people buying from a site they cannot use without google translate thinks their pairs are authentic 100% nike pairs...And that you are in here trying to INFORM these people that these arent real pairs,

Sorry but after reading all the pages in this thread , this does NOT SEEM TO BE THE CASE.

No help in here just people from both sides going back and forth without ANYONE convincing each other....

Make this a picture comparison thread between a retail pair and an authentic pair , so they see that they re buying crap.

The majority of GM pairs sold in the United States aren't ordered directly from china they are usually sold on ebay, craigslist, and other means by people that know where to obtain them from china. It's only been the last year that more people have been venturing onto taobao and seeing how these shoes are purchased and how much they really cost.

http://www.theclosetcollectors.com
http://asneakerlife.com

Sites like the 2 above are the ones responsible for the majority of GM shoes sold in the US, their customers know nothing and think they are no different than the majority of reseller/preorder sites.

Closetcollectors is selling GM Jordan 6s for $650 and people are treating the people trying to educate those getting taken advantaged of like they're wrong.
The worst type of sites are those like asneakerlife, because they sell authentics and GM so their customers believe they are getting legit pairs even more.

So basically you're complaining about how people are here just complaining.

I just lost a bid on eBay for a recent Jordan I missed on RD and thanks to this thread, I'm glad I lost. I set my auto bid 5 days ago when the auction started, so all day I was hoping someone would outbid me. According to the pics and my research they are legit and I have to be honest, I wasn't planning on inspecting them any further once they arrived, if I had won the bid so they could have pulled one over one me. This is why some sellers can have 100% feedback right, people like me. The ending bid was $272, retail was $149 at NIKE on RD.

For two months now, I've been trying to grab these at a reasonable price with no luck. I put in all the work on RD and prior with raffles and what not, i didn't miss due to lack of effort.

These are the reasons these sites are booming.

I now don't really trust ebay to send me what I bought based on pics after what I've read today, and after I saw the quality on the "Authentic and Super Perfect" my brother got this weekend, so in THEORY, if I'm taking that risk paying 272 for a GM type shoe because I can't buy on RD, I might as well grab the Unauthorized for the price of $105-150, and cut out the profit i am giving to an eBay seller, for a shoe that might be fake.

Man

Last edited:
Since I want jordans but know nothing about them nor how to identify if real or fake I mines well just buy fakes...

Makes sense

:rofl:

You missed the point all together.
This case and point is what makes the ChinaSites thrive was the point. I'd have bought those China joints months ago if that's what I wanted, but it's not.
Watch a few videos, hold a RD shoe in hand to see it and you know what's real, and what's not, or come in here for a legit check, and you know what's what.
I know what the legit shoe is for the one I'm searching, I wouldn't have went any further inspecting upon receiving it though, I will now.
You wouldn't see the point or value in anything I post because it's reached such a "personal" level for you now, though, so the blindness has got you.
It is what it is.
My posts aren't for everyone, you can always skip them, or you can pick everyone apart, that choice is yours

Last edited:
Na what makes replicas thrive is ppl don't know what it is there buying is fake or they just are cheap and don't care..

That's the only scenarios 99.9% of the time

Ppl do not say " oh I might get scammed on ebay so I mine as well buy fakes in the first place" na never....

The car I buy might be a Lemon so instead of getting an inspection (which isn't needed if u been involved long enough) I'm going to buy a broken car to begin with..:lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Na what makes replicas thrive is ppl don't know what it is there buying is fake or they just are cheap and don't care..

That's the only scenarios 99.9% of the time

Ppl do not say " oh I might get scammed on ebay so I mine as well buy fakes in the first place" na never....

The car I buy might be a Lemon so instead of getting an inspection (which isn't needed if u been involved long enough) I'm going to buy a broken car to begin with..:lol: :smh:

Yea, I agree. My post agrees also.

Nike..

they come from random factories in china.

dudes think because those factories are in the same cities as Nikes factories that they are made by nike LOLZ

these china cities are nothing but factories and most of them making fake items. Nike isnt making any of these shoes, have they no involvement, and there materials in no way shape or form being stolen or used.

There is this YouTube who reviews GM's and compares them with retail shoes and he is about to drop a video on where GM's actually come.

I'm getting ready to order a few pair of these right now for comparison.
Shipping is 7 days.
Will post up the pics and or video next Monday.
6- Black/Infra and SportBlue
11- Nightshade, Infrared, Cherry, ReverseConcord lows

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom