GREY MARKET DISCUSSION THREAD VOL. 2!!! (LET'S KEEP THE DISCUSSION MATURE) RULES ON PG 1 PLEASE READ

Where do people think GM's come from.

Nike..

they come from random factories in china.

dudes think because those factories are in the same cities as Nikes factories that they are made by nike LOLZ

these china cities are nothing but factories and most of them making fake items. Nike isnt making any of these shoes, have they no involvement, and there materials in no way shape or form being stolen or used.

Nike..

they come from random factories in china.

dudes think because those factories are in the same cities as Nikes factories that they are made by nike LOLZ

these china cities are nothing but factories and most of them making fake items. Nike isnt making any of these shoes, have they no involvement, and there materials in no way shape or form being stolen or used.
China is prob the largest supplier of assembly labor in the world. They have city after city after city that are ENTIRELY factories.

But yeah, I know what you mean. These people see that the shoes are shipped from the same city as Nike's factories in China and make the ridiculous assumption that there is only one factory in that entire city.

AND, I wouldn't be surprised if these factories are shared. Meaning...Nike products AND fakes/replicas could be made in the same factory conceivably. But I don't like the logic that same factory = same materials and execution. That factory could be making Jordans, replica Jordans, handbags, shirts, pants...etc. Why does ONE factory equal ONE product? Makes no damn sense to think like that.

@@offbadthats exactly like someone else said earlier. I'm not sure when everyone stopped saying replicas and started this GM talk. But I think that was fueled by sellers of said GM shoes. (Don't quote me)

no, it wasnt the GM sellers. most dont even know proper english. we knew about these shoes before everyone on IG and random bums in cities were coping them wholesale to sell.

someone mentioned the term when we thought they were authentics just smuggled out of the factory behind nikes back and or being made after hours
perfect

so it's confirmed then that these shoes in question were never made under the authority of nike for the purposes of retail?
no, they are NOT made by nike. they are 99%exact replicas. in pictures they look like the real deal, in person and with quality and materials they are crap.

they are fakes
got it

informative thread, thanks all. 

Don't compare high end Swiss watches and designer belts to Jordans. A $500 belt and $10k watch is what they retail for, I can go to the retailer and buy either one right now for their retail price. Jordans retail for $140-$170. I just bought Gucci horsebit drivers for $700, it's all about the principle to me and cheap quality retro Jordans aren't worth $400 period.

fake/GM bred n royals look nothing like the real deal :lol:

this

even i know that

other models can fool me way before the 1s

zyzz for such a simple model, how can they not get this one right? so weird

Last edited:
Don't compare high end Swiss watches and designer belts to Jordans. A $500 belt and $10k watch is what they retail for, I can go to the retailer and buy either one right now for their retail price. Jordans retail for $140-$170. I just bought Gucci horsebit drivers for $700, it's all about the principle to me and cheap quality retro Jordans aren't worth $400 period.
you can go buy the 14s for $170 right now. No tax too.....

ScroogeMcBuckz ScroogeMcBuckz so what are you trying to say? Don't compare fake belts and fake watches to fake sneakers? And I'm sure gucci, isn't simply breaking even on your drivers. They ain't worth $700

people still buy gucci?

you got pics of your drivers Ace?

Last edited:
I can't tag pics until I get back to MD, but I believe Gucci has earned their price tag with nearly 100 years of prestige and quality attire. If the soles wear on the drivers I can send them back to Gucci for repair. If I want a Rolex submariner I'll got the jeweler and pay msrp.

Last edited:
I'm still tryna figure out your point, and what your $700 authentic gucci shoes has to do with the fakes we talking bout in this thread.
cause everyone knows gucci got just as much fakes running around.

Last edited:
Grey Markets ARE FAKES. They are just really good fakes. I think excess materials that are left over from the Nike mandated production run of a Nike sneaker are used to make the GM's. That and/or the factory workers use their knowledge of making the shoe and go use that knowledge at another factory. Regardless they don't go through official Nike QC and may have minor differences in the feel or fit of its authentic counterpart. Some GM's are spot on, some not so much. It's up to the buyer to make a decision on what they want. Compare it to chicks walking around with fake LV purses. Most people are walking around with fakes but you see them so much you can't tell. But when put side by side with an authentic then the difference is all in the delicate details that make a world of difference.

Last edited:
Your point is you will pay msrp. But you start of your statement by saying dont compare belts and high end watches to jordans. All while this thread is on the differences between fake and real smh, contribute why don't you?

I can't tag pics until I get back to MD, but I believe Gucci has earned their price tag with nearly 100 years of prestige and quality attire. If the soles wear on the drivers I can send them back to Gucci for repair. If I want a Rolex submariner I'll got the jeweler and pay msrp.

Gucci watches are not prestige and they are garbage in looks and quality. if you got money, spend it on what ever you want but please dont say Gucci has good watches.

[@=/u/38376/offbad]@offbad[/@]thats exactly like someone else said earlier. I'm not sure when everyone stopped saying replicas and started this GM talk. But I think that was fueled by sellers of said GM shoes. (Don't quote me)

no, it wasnt the GM sellers. most dont even know proper english. we knew about these shoes before everyone on IG and random bums in cities were coping them wholesale to sell.

someone mentioned the term when we thought they were authentics just smuggled out of the factory behind nikes back and or being made after hours
perfect

so it's confirmed then that these shoes in question were never made under the authority of nike for the purposes of retail?

no, they are NOT made by nike. they are 99%exact replicas. in pictures they look like the real deal, in person and with quality and materials they are crap.

they are fakes

I wouldn't even cop then tbh. I'd just take my L and try again next release.

Team retail or bust

I don't even think it's all just left over Nike materials. Nike doesn't make leather and rubber. They get it from a supplier. All the GM manufacturers need to do is order the same material from the same place. Half of the time they don't even get that part right though lol.

you can go buy the 14s for $170 right now. No tax too.....

No one wants those ugly *** ******* shoes.

$170 for some ugly *** 14s? Get real.

And I don't like the high end luxury items and Jordan comparison.

Last edited:
No one wants those ugly *** ******* shoes.

$170 for some ugly *** 14s? Get real.

And I don't like the high end luxury items and Jordan comparison.
well that guy said he bought them so maybe you shouldve left his quote outta there. [emoji]9996[/emoji]

I don't own any gm pairs since I live in a no sneaker hype country where I can get 99% of the sneakers I want .

I don't have any problem with people owning GM pairs either .

/thread

I don't own any gm pairs since I live in a no sneaker hype country where I can get 99% of the sneakers I want .

I don't have any problem with people owning GM pairs either .

/thread

A lot of time and effort is spent in this thread arguing back and forth about the merits of owning or buying GM pairs.
It's silly for people to think they can dictate or control how others choose to spend their money.

Nobody should have a problem with people that own GM pairs.
The problem usually comes from when those same people try to justify or convince others that these fakes are no different from authentic pairs.

Back
Top Bottom