GREY MARKET DISCUSSION THREAD VOL. 2!!! (LET'S KEEP THE DISCUSSION MATURE) RULES ON PG 1 PLEASE READ

Aye, ima keep it 100 with y'all

If I can't cop a par of shoes I would really like to have from finishline/footlocker then I'm hopping on Taobao

One hunnid.

I'd much rather spend $500 on a really good pair of boots, or put it towards a winter coat or pay some bills, do some Christmas shopping or just flat out save it before I give it to some dude who copped for retail. **** all that. I got a son I can spend that money on if need be.

Some out of date, old technology Air Jordans that I'll probably wear every once in a while aren't worth me throwing money out the window.

Respect to Zyzz and all the other homies who bought the GM's and spent their money and took one for the team.

But in the end, despite what's frowned upon or not. Between Bred 1s and Royals, $1k on 2 pairs of $140 shoes is ridiculous.

And I'd rather feed some Chinese lady's kids than support some greedy ***** on ebay trying to make a come up off me.

And that's more respectable than folks frontin like they don't have GMs. At the end of the day you gotta do you. Eff what everybody else doin or how they think...

sure GM offers you the kicks that are limited and will most likely miss out on and have to shell $500+ for

but deep down, if you cop a pair and wear em do you not feel like an idiot? like a fool? Why would you buy fake kicks to rock just because you cant afford the real deal? SMH

buy what you want but i wouldnt be able to sit there and rock a pair of fakes because i wasnt willing to pay resell on a pair of authentic shoes i really wanted.

clearly, most dont care.

Thing is .. people can afford the real deal. At retail price.

Last edited:
He could post more pics, but why would it matter? You don't have a RD pair to compare them against.
Is anyone familiar with this shoulee81 on IG?
I think it's @DrewSwish that turned me onto him when I saw him dropping pics from his IG.
Wrong. We have other colorways to compare them against. So while we can't compare them to RD pairs in regards to accuracy of colors used, we can compare the stitching, shape, padding....basically everything else besides color.

Secondly, we'll have the pictures available for use later, when the RD pairs drop. So then we'll be able to compare the GM pics from today, with the RD pairs that drop.

PRIME PRIME I don't know when the term started being used with kicks or why. I always called them fakes, but seems like when they actually started to look more like retail pairs people adopted the term GM here.

What I've noticed -The dudes that are MOST upset about GM are the ones who resell. Straight up, if you don't resell it doesn't matter very much. Most of you dudes would buy an "Authentic quality and material" Jordan Bulls Jersey if it were made by the same materials but not sanctioned by Nike; IF the NIKE version was consistently sold out or hard to get. Less profits for these resellers. The game has changed.
I think you keep missing the part where these shoes DON'T LOOK THE SAME.

sure GM offers you the kicks that are limited and will most likely miss out on and have to shell $500+ for

but deep down, if you cop a pair and wear em do you not feel like an idiot? like a fool? Why would you buy fake kicks to rock just because you cant afford the real deal? SMH

buy what you want but i wouldnt be able to sit there and rock a pair of fakes because i wasnt willing to pay resell on a pair of authentic shoes i really wanted.

clearly, most dont care.
Exactly, I'd rather just use that money on an authentic pair of other sneakers, like Kobe's, or KD's, or flyknits, or whatever. Anything other than a fake. Seems foolish to spend that much money on a fake anything.

PRIME PRIME I don't know when the term started being used with kicks or why. I always called them fakes, but seems like when they actually started to look more like retail pairs people adopted the term GM here.

they were called grey market because these fakes were "supposedly" stolen from the factories and sold for half the price. Meaning they are authentic but stolen or made same factory after hours.

ITS ALL BS

GM, unauthorized, AAA, what ever they are all fake.

only way you are getting an authentic shoe is from an authorized dealer with a nike contract.

yes, i know. its been said a million times, i dont care. people either cant read, ignore, and just plain dont care.

Niketalk is visited and known by most in the sneaker community, if they come here and see the info they will just act like they never saw it and keep defending these sellers on IG, twitter, facebook, etc, etc just because they spent their money with em.

just like a few months ago we had a kid making 20 videos on youtube trash talking NT because he got some fake Concords and Spacejams and he said they were legit when we showed him all the proof that they were fake.

its what ever, if people dont want to listen then sweet. I was once like the, i learned the hard way but i also helped myself and others by studing the shoes and learning about the differences by visiting all the sites on the regular and trying to help NTers so they dont get scammed because some idiot wants to take advantage and lie.

This will jus go round n round n round. Deff no end to this subject lol.

pretty much, for as much people that know and are agasint the fakes. theres twice as much who defend and support them like they are real deal. it will NEVER end

fake have been around forever now, its only getting worse and more widespread

And there's nothing wrong with not caring what you buy is fake. This thread was just about letting people know GM kicks are fake.

If that doesn't bother you then that's cool.

What's wrong is when people try to spread lies about them being the same just to justify their buy

Last edited:
That's the point of this thread. It's an interesting debate, and a lot of people already are learning that GMs are fake when they thought they were real.

ALso, we'll be using this thread to discuss GMs as they start showing up of different releases, and compare them to the real thing so we know what to look for. 

ALso, GMs are constantly changing how they execute their shoes, and it's good to have a platform to discuss the differences so we always know what to look for when copping after release date.

That's the point of this thread. It's an interesting debate, and a lot of people already are learning that GMs are fake when they thought they were real.

ALso, we'll be using this thread to discuss GMs as they start showing up of different releases, and compare them to the real thing so we know what to look for. 

ALso, GMs are constantly changing how they execute their shoes, and it's good to have a platform to discuss the differences so we always know what to look for when copping after release date.
Yea when meaningful info is posted it'll b good discussion but the whole gm's are fake or not will jus go round n round n round is what I meant. Actual comparable pics of big future releases will b interesting to see especially the legend blue 11s cuz I'm already seeing full packaged pairs lol...

Yea when meaningful info is posted it'll b good discussion but the whole gm's are fake or not will jus go round n round n round is what I meant. Actual comparable pics of big future releases will b interesting to see especially the legend blue 11s cuz I'm already seeing full packaged pairs lol...
LOL GM Columbia 11s are already such a joke. There's like 3 million different shades of blue going on with the sole. Nobody has andy idea what shade of blue they wanna use. They're all just guessing and it's pathetic, yet entertaining.

People are gonna buy GM shoes even if Nike came out and said they were fake, no thats not opinion. its a damn fact.

They have A "air bag", but sometimes they're just empty.

maybe a crap factory or some issue putting together the shoe would cause them to pop or straight up fakes with nothing inside but usually the higher quality fakes will have all the the heel, forefoot, or full zoom air or max air.
that's really impressive

so do they "perform" the same? 

for example is it as fungible as replacing an OEM part with something from autozone that's OE spec?

Nope, people make quality car parts - just without the manufacturer markup or sometimes just cheaper (something like brake pads that wear quicker) - but you know what you're getting. As others have said it's easy to make an airbag - but if it actually lasts and provides any cushioning is a different matter.

They have A "air bag", but sometimes they're just empty.

maybe a crap factory or some issue putting together the shoe would cause them to pop or straight up fakes with nothing inside but usually the higher quality fakes will have all the the heel, forefoot, or full zoom air or max air.
that's really impressive

so do they "perform" the same? 

for example is it as fungible as replacing an OEM part with something from autozone that's OE spec?
Nope, people make quality car parts - just without the manufacturer markup or sometimes just cheaper (something like brake pads that wear quicker) - but you know what you're getting. As others have said it's easy to make an airbag - but if it actually lasts and provides any cushioning is a different matter.
hmm ok i kinda get it now, can i have more clarification?

in your example with something like crappy brake pads "you know what you're getting", in GM i should expect the same "you know what you're getting" 

as in-- yeah it might fit, look the same, same claims, serves same overall purpose, but definitely not OEM quality and you know it. 

the difference here being there are known manufacturers that consistently exceed/outperform OE spec and quality in auto parts

but in GM nikes there's only the chinese discount brand of "you know what you're getting"

Last edited:
wow looking at these tabao seller IG pages

how does this not turn you guys off from wearing jordans?

i dont even want the infrared VI anymore, i planned on copping......GM, fake whatever every sneakerhead isnt on forums like NT, these things are looking way too close, they already got columbia XIs looking like perfect if you didnt know any better

not even mad, i stuck out on the Jordan 1 now, id never buy jordans off eBay or a reseller, paranoid of the old switch

ill stick to fly knits

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom