GREY MARKET DISCUSSION THREAD VOL. 2!!! (LET'S KEEP THE DISCUSSION MATURE) RULES ON PG 1 PLEASE READ

He could post more pics, but why would it matter? You don't have a RD pair to compare them against.
Is anyone familiar with this shoulee81 on IG?
I think it's @DrewSwish that turned me onto him when I saw him dropping pics from his IG.
it matters because he said he had GM and store bought pairs of other retro's and they looked exact.

The Grey market caters to the consumer better than all the spoiled yuppies at Nike and their games they play that guys here call "genius marketing". The yuppies turned Nike marketing from innovation and progress to fear and loathing.

Sit down and ask yourself why does behemoth like Nike need buzz, hype and a circus act to sell shoes are American classics in a market where all other competitors are pretty much on life support. Nike had a bigger fight in the 80s/90s among competition and came out on top without 99% of the shenanigans they are offering to us loyal customers. The yuppies won't give us Nike Air, proper allocation, decent prices. What they give us is higher prices, acknowledgement to selling poor quality shoes, and a dungeons and dragon mixed with willy wonka method to purchasing those said shoes. If Nike did this in the 90s they would be dead.

The way Nike is being ran is cowardly. You have grown men who fancy themselves as important and powerful yet won't take any responsibility to roll up their sleeves and fix this mess. The Grey Market has caught up with the beast. Like noflowshoe pointed out it is childish and naive to think a conglomerate who's products are created by cheap labor and mass materials won't have any back end products being produced introduced to the same market. Especially when Nike hypes the products up themselves with their "genius marketing".

GM shoes are really everything Nike shoes used to be. Available and geared for the consumer. I can buy all my grails right now with Nike Air on back right this minute if I wanted to. A Nike yuppie needs to read the last 3 sentences I wrote and prove to the world he or she has a functioning brain for business and ask themselves why aren't WE doing the same thing.

sure GM offers you the kicks that are limited and will most likely miss out on and have to shell $500+ for

but deep down, if you cop a pair and wear em do you not feel like an idiot? like a fool? Why would you buy fake kicks to rock just because you cant afford the real deal? SMH

buy what you want but i wouldnt be able to sit there and rock a pair of fakes because i wasnt willing to pay resell on a pair of authentic shoes i really wanted.

clearly, most dont care.

Please don't turn this thread to a bashing of nike. They run a very successful business without giving the minority what they want.

Last edited:
sure GM offers you the kicks that are limited and will most likely miss out on and have to shell $500+ for

but deep down, if you cop a pair and wear em do you not feel like an idiot? like a fool? Why would you buy fake kicks to rock just because you cant afford the real deal? SMH

Who said anything about not being able to "afford" the real deal. I believe the majority of people do GM (BEFORE RELEASE) to avoid lines and waits or resellers or striking out behind a computer.

Why would that make ANYBODY feel like a fool? Srs question.

I just sold my paid off 2013 Ford Mustang GT for $27,500. Bout a $500 Mercury Sable (true story) until I figure out which car I want next. I get all kinds of looks riding down the road. Should I feel like a "fool"?

Last edited:

Who said anything about not being able to "afford" the real deal. I believe the majority of people do GM (BEFORE RELEASE) to avoid lines and waits or resellers or striking out behind a computer.

Why would that make ANYBODY feel like a fool? Srs question.

I just sold my paid off 2013 Ford Mustang GT for $27,500. Bout a $500 Mercury Sable (true story) until I figure out which car I want next. I get all kinds of looks riding down the road. Should I feel like a "fool"?

how does your story even compare to this?..

uh ok

your a fool if you buy fake kicks and pass them as real and wear em out like they are real.

im sorry, i cant go out in public wearing fake kicks. im good on that

^^ man let dude live. He bought fakes and thought they were real ok. Now he has since learned his lesson and is trying to help others not make same mistakes he did.
GM before release is more, after they way less than retail pairs $105. Ford and mercury were both sold on a dealership lot when 1st offered for sale.

Last edited:

This is the million dollar question. While some people will tell you GM=fake, others will argue that GM's are made in the same factory, with the same materials and by the same people that make the legit pairs. They just make some extra pairs and slip them out the back door. But it's really not that simple, there's a lot more going on.
Hopefully this thread can stay informative and help to educate members on how to avoid fakes and GM's.

Edit; I'll move the thread
same material and yet legit pairs never age the same as fake *** GMs.
Concords/space jams cone to mind

^^ man let dude live. He bought fakes and thought they were real ok. Now he has since learned his lesson and is trying to help others not make same mistakes he did.
GM before release is more, after they way less than retail pairs $105. Ford and mercury were both sold on a dealership lot when 1st offered for sale.

They only sell grs for less, they sell limited shoes that sold out for over retail.
Infrared23 6s are an example, sure they aren't going for $400 like authentic pairs are but paying $240-$260 for shoes you know are fake doesn't make much sense either.

I could care less about nike or their bottom line but people have to stop making GM sellers out to be modern day robin hoods.

mrdeeds mrdeeds Yea the prices differ, I simply went off link above. Take the well known 11s, all of them under retail price. Yet most the 6s yet to be released above. (Reds n sport blue)

Came here to say that I stopped wearing basketball sneakers for fashion when I got out of high school. 

He could post more pics, but why would it matter? You don't have a RD pair to compare them against.
it matters because he said he had GM and store bought pairs of other retro's and they looked exact.

Ok I thought you were wanting more pics of those Blk/Infrared 6's. Pointless to have more of those I thought, if none of the pairs out now are "Legit"
I would have liked to see the comparisons of the other J's he said he'd bought before that Black6,an early pair and then a pair on RD.
Dudes age though and "over 50 pair of J's" don't match. I ain't mad at him for wanting to stunt though, he's a kid, school is starting next week.
He's fronting in here, but stunting in Math class.

Last edited:
Yeah, a lot of "experts" come in here claiming this and this yet have nothing to back what they say up.

"They are made by the same people"
"They are made in the same factory"
"They are made with the same materials"

PROVE IT

Last edited:
Yeah, a lot of "experts" come in here claiming this and this yet have nothing to back what they say up.

"They are made by the same people"
"They are made in the same factory"
"They are made with the same materials"

PROVE IT

those who say this dont even have the shoe in front of them otherwise they wouldnt be saying it.

ive compared most of the popular retros, not even same materials. in pictures they look like they would be. def cheaper, thinner material. doesnt have quite the same feel on most shoes. in pictures they could fool people tho

They have A "air bag", but sometimes they're just empty.

its not hard to replicate the air bags nike makes.

i have 2 full zoom air used for the midsole filled with air. they are a few years old too.

maybe a crap factory or some issue putting together the shoe would cause them to pop or straight up fakes with nothing inside but usually the higher quality fakes will have all the the heel, forefoot, or full zoom air or max air.

They have A "air bag", but sometimes they're just empty.
maybe a crap factory or some issue putting together the shoe would cause them to pop or straight up fakes with nothing inside but usually the higher quality fakes will have all the the heel, forefoot, or full zoom air or max air.
that's really impressive

so do they "perform" the same? 

for example is it as fungible as replacing an OEM part with something from autozone that's OE spec?

Shoes that demand higher quality like flyknits won't get too many fakes because it's just too obvious. They do make them though

they make fake flyknits. hell they make fakes of every shoe but a high quality fake flyknit? nah

wanna know why? because they would look like junk next to the real thing and wouldnt sell. theres a reason theres no "GM" kobes. Everything thats fake is obvious,

yes i know theres Kobes on taobao, most of those are fakes. Taobao is like ebay, there is legit sellers on there and that have Kobes they are selling them for full retail or over.

They are starting to make GM Durants, at least the past model and a bunch of GM Lebrons. Now how those compare to the real thing? absolutely no idea. Nike does use cheap plastic on all those shoes so i dont see how they cant replicate them pretty accurately to look and feel,

There will and always will be fake everything. Being shoes, clothes, jewelry. It will always flourish because there's 2 types that buy fakes; those that don't care and want the label, and the ones who can't afford the real. Jus buy from a retail store and your golden. That is all

What about this dude on IG

instagram.com/shoulee81

solepitch.com

Are all his joints GM too? I was always suspect, even called him out on a pair months ago, and dude threatin to block me :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom