Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Haven't cut any chicanes at La Sarthe, either. What chicanes can you cut, anyways?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
The last couple of corners is one, for sure.

Suzuka is a blast to drive. One of my favorite tracks, along with Monza. The key parts of the circuit for me that is tricky/easy to get wrong with the X2010 is Turn 2 and Turn 8 (Degner Curve). A nice run through Turn 13 (Spoon Curve) sets you up real nicely for the back straight. You can take 130R flat out, with no problems.
smokin.gif

The Suzuka 1000km, on the other hand, in the wet, is dreadful. 5 hours long, even in the X2010.
sick.gif

Yeah, the last 2 chicanes. I think if you straight-line them (I haven't tried), you can gain, what, 5 seconds?

Suzuka's a great circuit... The thing is, all the turns flow so well. It's hard to get right cuz if you mess the first bits, you end up losing speed in the subsequent turns. But get it right and you can gain a lot of time. Like the 130R, get the entry right and you can take flat... get it wrong and you plow into the run-off area, losing a lot of speed.

Yeah, the last 2 chicanes. I think if you straight-line them (I haven't tried), you can gain, what, 5 seconds?

Suzuka's a great circuit... The thing is, all the turns flow so well. It's hard to get right cuz if you mess the first bits, you end up losing speed in the subsequent turns. But get it right and you can gain a lot of time. Like the 130R, get the entry right and you can take flat... get it wrong and you plow into the run-off area, losing a lot of speed.

^ Tried straight-lining the final chicanes. Saves you about 4 seconds. It's tricky avoiding the first chicane without losing too much speed, since there's a barrier in front of that turn. Lost a race by about one second when I hit the barrier trying to straight-line both corners in one go.
laugh.gif

^ Tried straight-lining the final chicanes. Saves you about 4 seconds. It's tricky avoiding the first chicane without losing too much speed, since there's a barrier in front of that turn. Lost a race by about one second when I hit the barrier trying to straight-line both corners in one go.
laugh.gif

Looks like Seb's going to be on Top Gear this week!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

670x377Image.jpg

can't believe he's that skinny... i'd be a second off the pace on driver weight alone!
laugh.gif

Looks like Seb's going to be on Top Gear this week!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

670x377Image.jpg

can't believe he's that skinny... i'd be a second off the pace on driver weight alone!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Seb... booo...
lewishamilton2.jpg

All the drivers are very lean.  That's why JP Montoya got made fun of so much... 
tongue.gif

laugh.gif
Seb... booo...
lewishamilton2.jpg

All the drivers are very lean.  That's why JP Montoya got made fun of so much... 
tongue.gif

New Silverstone layout looks incredible. I don't remember catching last year's race, but they said it's been the same layout since 2010? It doesn't look that way in F1:2010. I'm a fan of the old opening complex of turns to start the lap, though.
ohwell.gif

New Silverstone layout looks incredible. I don't remember catching last year's race, but they said it's been the same layout since 2010? It doesn't look that way in F1:2010. I'm a fan of the old opening complex of turns to start the lap, though.
ohwell.gif

Damn unfortunate conclusion for Q3.
30t6p3b.gif

Red Bull's always had their luck. Smh. Hopefully it's a different story over a race distance.

Damn unfortunate conclusion for Q3.
30t6p3b.gif

Red Bull's always had their luck. Smh. Hopefully it's a different story over a race distance.

Yeah, they had the new layout last year, but still started the race at the old start/finish. This year, they included the new pit-building and the new start/finish line. Re-arranged the turns. Quite different, but I'll need to watch a race to see if I like it.

Ferrari look really strong. I think ALO will win... and I'm gonna be sick.

Yeah, they had the new layout last year, but still started the race at the old start/finish. This year, they included the new pit-building and the new start/finish line. Re-arranged the turns. Quite different, but I'll need to watch a race to see if I like it.

Ferrari look really strong. I think ALO will win... and I'm gonna be sick.

Well damn, it didn't happen like i expected, but lools like Alonso is looking strong for the win.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Red Bull's crack pit crew finally screwed up.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Well damn, it didn't happen like i expected, but lools like Alonso is looking strong for the win.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Red Bull's crack pit crew finally screwed up.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

What a final lap! Felipe almost had it, and there was bodywork flying everywhere!
laugh.gif
Really rarely a boring race at Silverstone.
pimp.gif
Poor Jenson.

Wasn't What Red Bull did team orders ("maintain pace"), though?
nerd.gif

What a final lap! Felipe almost had it, and there was bodywork flying everywhere!
laugh.gif
Really rarely a boring race at Silverstone.
pimp.gif
Poor Jenson.

Wasn't What Red Bull did team orders ("maintain pace"), though?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom