Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Originally Posted by SamDUH562

Anyone know how to back up a saved file?
i was playing GT5 and the power went out for like 3 secs and my file got erased had to start all over
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Either get PS+ and use the cloud save feature or back it up on a external hard drive or flash drive.

Originally Posted by NRitsuh

I cant find a car to use for Historic Cup and GT All Star in expert. What you guys use?

Use the Countach you win from the Lambo tournament and have it fully tuned. Get the adjustable transmission and turn the top speed down for faster acceleration. It's definitely hard (I beat Monaco in 3 tries, but it took me an hour to beat Deep Forest Raceway
sick.gif
) but it will save you a @#$% load of money. One thing you need to keep in mind though: If you see the race starting with a Toyota 7 or the car with the jets in the front, exit and start over
laugh.gif

GT All Stars: this one was the hardest series in the game for me until I got the Corvette ZR1 with racing mods.

Originally Posted by NRitsuh

I cant find a car to use for Historic Cup and GT All Star in expert. What you guys use?

Use the Countach you win from the Lambo tournament and have it fully tuned. Get the adjustable transmission and turn the top speed down for faster acceleration. It's definitely hard (I beat Monaco in 3 tries, but it took me an hour to beat Deep Forest Raceway
sick.gif
) but it will save you a @#$% load of money. One thing you need to keep in mind though: If you see the race starting with a Toyota 7 or the car with the jets in the front, exit and start over
laugh.gif

GT All Stars: this one was the hardest series in the game for me until I got the Corvette ZR1 with racing mods.

Keep in mind that you can also acquire the Toyota 7 as a prize car in a B-Spec Race.

Or if you want, I think I still got both the Chaparral 2J and the Toyota 7 shared on my profile for lending. Feel free to add me up on PSN if you wish to do so.

Keep in mind that you can also acquire the Toyota 7 as a prize car in a B-Spec Race.

Or if you want, I think I still got both the Chaparral 2J and the Toyota 7 shared on my profile for lending. Feel free to add me up on PSN if you wish to do so.

Bumped for the German GP at the Nurburgring. Exciting quali... for me anyway. Possible rain tomorrow.

Bumped for the German GP at the Nurburgring. Exciting quali... for me anyway. Possible rain tomorrow.

That was such an awesome race... and not simply cuz of the result.  Good racing all around.
And as great as the race was, this was such a cool moment...

1000x.jpg

nerd.gif

wallpaper-nigel-mansell-gives-ayrton-senna-a-ride.jpg

That was such an awesome race... and not simply cuz of the result.  Good racing all around.
And as great as the race was, this was such a cool moment...

1000x.jpg

nerd.gif

wallpaper-nigel-mansell-gives-ayrton-senna-a-ride.jpg

^ wait... what's the backstory on that photo?
nerd.gif

I missed out that part because I was flipping in between the race and the replay of the NBA All-Stars vs. the Philippine National Team game that happened over here last weekend.
laugh.gif

Oh, and I remember Mika Hakkinen got a lift from DC back to the pits back then as well, when he retired due to an engine blowout on the final lap. EDIT: I mistook that moment with the time Mika hid in the bushes and just cried. And that time that he blew an engine on the final lap.
30t6p3b.gif
(facepalm) Those were the days.
laugh.gif
The Schumacher-Hakkinen era is greatly missed and appreciated.
pimp.gif

^ wait... what's the backstory on that photo?
nerd.gif

I missed out that part because I was flipping in between the race and the replay of the NBA All-Stars vs. the Philippine National Team game that happened over here last weekend.
laugh.gif

Oh, and I remember Mika Hakkinen got a lift from DC back to the pits back then as well, when he retired due to an engine blowout on the final lap. EDIT: I mistook that moment with the time Mika hid in the bushes and just cried. And that time that he blew an engine on the final lap.
30t6p3b.gif
(facepalm) Those were the days.
laugh.gif
The Schumacher-Hakkinen era is greatly missed and appreciated.
pimp.gif

Yeah, the F1 taxi has happened several times in history, but the most memorable one is Senna/Mansell.

Alonso/Webber

Mika has gotten a lift before from DC, but like you said, it was a different moment when he was crying his eyes out. That was, IIRC, at Monza when he was leading. He crashed out and it took a big hit on his WDC hopes... he was then seen crying in the forest.

Yeah, the F1 taxi has happened several times in history, but the most memorable one is Senna/Mansell.

Alonso/Webber

Mika has gotten a lift before from DC, but like you said, it was a different moment when he was crying his eyes out. That was, IIRC, at Monza when he was leading. He crashed out and it took a big hit on his WDC hopes... he was then seen crying in the forest.

laugh.gif
@ the guy who didn't want him to get on Mansell's car.

I guess you can seat four on a Formula One car after all.

laugh.gif
@ the guy who didn't want him to get on Mansell's car.

I guess you can seat four on a Formula One car after all.

Red Bull X2010, anyone?
nerd.gif
But the closed canopy might be unusable in the rain, though, like in the game.
HOME \ NEWS FIA CONSIDERING CLOSED CANOPIES IN F1[emoji]169[/emoji] Ubaid Parkar, 26 July 2011[emoji]169[/emoji] AP ImagesThe FIA is considering added safety measures to ensure that the driver is protected in the cockpit from incidents similar to the one Felipe Massa suffered in the Hungarian Grand Prix two years ago.The Brazilian driver’s 2009 season ended prematurely after compatriot Rubens Barrichello’s Brawn GP lost a spring which went on to hit the Ferrari driver on the head. Despite the helmet, Massa suffered severe injuries and was promptly flown to hospital for medical attention.“This is something that’s been under discussion for a few Technical Working Group meetings now,

Red Bull X2010, anyone?
nerd.gif
But the closed canopy might be unusable in the rain, though, like in the game.
HOME \ NEWS FIA CONSIDERING CLOSED CANOPIES IN F1[emoji]169[/emoji] Ubaid Parkar, 26 July 2011[emoji]169[/emoji] AP ImagesThe FIA is considering added safety measures to ensure that the driver is protected in the cockpit from incidents similar to the one Felipe Massa suffered in the Hungarian Grand Prix two years ago.The Brazilian driver’s 2009 season ended prematurely after compatriot Rubens Barrichello’s Brawn GP lost a spring which went on to hit the Ferrari driver on the head. Despite the helmet, Massa suffered severe injuries and was promptly flown to hospital for medical attention.“This is something that’s been under discussion for a few Technical Working Group meetings now,

^ I don't see it happening, but you really never know. Purists will not be happy with that...
See this?

^ I don't see it happening, but you really never know. Purists will not be happy with that...
See this?

The fighter jet canopy just flexed. Impressive stuff.
smokin.gif

It might work, but it might prove to be more costly for teams, especially the smaller ones. But driver safety is paramount, and this practically might solve the problem, so it could be a possibility in future Formula One cars.

The fighter jet canopy just flexed. Impressive stuff.
smokin.gif

It might work, but it might prove to be more costly for teams, especially the smaller ones. But driver safety is paramount, and this practically might solve the problem, so it could be a possibility in future Formula One cars.

An incredible lap of the Nordschleife...
Note how wet the track is and how often he drifts the corners...

An incredible lap of the Nordschleife...
Note how wet the track is and how often he drifts the corners...

Back
Top Bottom