Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Just noticed that lapped cars move off the racing line when they're being lapped. Wow.
eek.gif
Virtual blue flags!�
eek.gif

Bahahahahaha...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Seems like RBR hasn't lost much... based on the FP's anyway...
Ferrari are back up there...
McLaren, on the other hand, can't seem to dial it in...
30t6p3b.gif

Seems like RBR hasn't lost much... based on the FP's anyway...
Ferrari are back up there...
McLaren, on the other hand, can't seem to dial it in...
30t6p3b.gif

Mclaren looking good now. I'm still down after the last race but I hope silverstone is where we see RBR drop down. Lets see what will happen in Q3

Mclaren looking good now. I'm still down after the last race but I hope silverstone is where we see RBR drop down. Lets see what will happen in Q3

How in the world are the Red Bulls half a second a lap faster than the rest of the field in qualifying?
sick.gif

Only caught the qualifying through the F1 Live Timing App. Terrible weather here #%*^ up the cable and internet connection.
30t6p3b.gif

How in the world are the Red Bulls half a second a lap faster than the rest of the field in qualifying?
sick.gif

Only caught the qualifying through the F1 Live Timing App. Terrible weather here #%*^ up the cable and internet connection.
30t6p3b.gif

Now I'm thinking it's DRS. Without a different engine map, the only other thing i could think of is their downforce allowing them to use DRS in places where the other cars can only dream of. I still think we would have better race pace but Vettels got this in the bag again.

EDIT: On second thoughts looking at how they bulls come out of the last corner their traction out of slow corners is probably where the advantage is from. However i think the qualifying map ban had an effect because the time differences in Q2 and Q3 are about equal

Now I'm thinking it's DRS. Without a different engine map, the only other thing i could think of is their downforce allowing them to use DRS in places where the other cars can only dream of. I still think we would have better race pace but Vettels got this in the bag again.

EDIT: On second thoughts looking at how they bulls come out of the last corner their traction out of slow corners is probably where the advantage is from. However i think the qualifying map ban had an effect because the time differences in Q2 and Q3 are about equal

^ RBR have superior traction EVERYWHERE...! New mapping schemes are affecting everyone, but since the RBR was already better to begin with, they're still better than everyone... the gap is just smaller. 
Anyway, a reasonably good Q for Lewis, considering how bad his FP's were... not so much for Jense...

Anywho, the Nurburgring 24 hours... Kaz is racing in it as well..
Video http://tv.audi.com/portal/#/01

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

^ RBR have superior traction EVERYWHERE...! New mapping schemes are affecting everyone, but since the RBR was already better to begin with, they're still better than everyone... the gap is just smaller. 
Anyway, a reasonably good Q for Lewis, considering how bad his FP's were... not so much for Jense...

Anywho, the Nurburgring 24 hours... Kaz is racing in it as well..
Video http://tv.audi.com/portal/#/01

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Pretty good race. Quite a rare sight to see all 24 cars finish the race.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Very nice result for Fernando. Off to Silverstone; hopefully the revised aero package provides another good result... or a win, perhaps?
tongue.gif

Pretty good race. Quite a rare sight to see all 24 cars finish the race.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Very nice result for Fernando. Off to Silverstone; hopefully the revised aero package provides another good result... or a win, perhaps?
tongue.gif

Pretty good race? NAH... not for my guys...
frown.gif

Seriously though, for a VAL GP, it was ok, but in terms of it as a race for this season, it was so-so. It's a positive sign though.

Lewis lucky to hang onto fourth, with Massa having the stuck left-rear. Tyres, tyres, tyres...

RBR domination again at Sliverstone again... 
eyes.gif

Pretty good race? NAH... not for my guys...
frown.gif

Seriously though, for a VAL GP, it was ok, but in terms of it as a race for this season, it was so-so. It's a positive sign though.

Lewis lucky to hang onto fourth, with Massa having the stuck left-rear. Tyres, tyres, tyres...

RBR domination again at Sliverstone again... 
eyes.gif

Well, Valencia usually is a boring circuit to race in, so this race isn't all that bad.
laugh.gif

Yeah, Lewis lucked out with Felipe's botched pit stop. Not a great weekend for McLaren, but they still score important points. They'll be back at Silverstone.

At least Ferrari will throw in the towel another day. They've been really close to giving up on this season, and get an early start on next year's car.
ohwell.gif

Well, Valencia usually is a boring circuit to race in, so this race isn't all that bad.
laugh.gif

Yeah, Lewis lucked out with Felipe's botched pit stop. Not a great weekend for McLaren, but they still score important points. They'll be back at Silverstone.

At least Ferrari will throw in the towel another day. They've been really close to giving up on this season, and get an early start on next year's car.
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
Yep, that was exactly my point in the race being ok by Valencia standards, but so-so in terms of this season.
Both Lew and Jense just said that they expect to be struggling in Silverstone too... 
ohwell.gif

Anywho.

Got through all my British seasonals today (no Wimbledon). Time to focus on those Experts... 
nerd.gif

EDIT ~ Lewis' "Reeboks"

x999.jpg

laugh.gif
Yep, that was exactly my point in the race being ok by Valencia standards, but so-so in terms of this season.
Both Lew and Jense just said that they expect to be struggling in Silverstone too... 
ohwell.gif

Anywho.

Got through all my British seasonals today (no Wimbledon). Time to focus on those Experts... 
nerd.gif

EDIT ~ Lewis' "Reeboks"

x999.jpg

Last year at silverstone is when it all went downhill with Mclaren trying the EBD. I'm hoping it's the opposite now and it effects Red Bull the most but i doubt that. Race was boring as well and depressing but at least Lewis got fourth but its looking like the championship is done.

Last year at silverstone is when it all went downhill with Mclaren trying the EBD. I'm hoping it's the opposite now and it effects Red Bull the most but i doubt that. Race was boring as well and depressing but at least Lewis got fourth but its looking like the championship is done.

whoa. First Lucas finishing second in their class in Le Mans, and now Kaz won a big event.
smokin.gif

[h1]Kazunori Yamauchi & Team Take Class Victory at 2011 Nurburgring 24 Hours[/h1]
Motorsport Videos June 26th, 2011 by Jordan

kazunori-schulze-gtr-nurburgring-24h-2011.jpg

Kazunori Yamauchi, the father of Gran Turismo, and his teammates Tobias Schulze, Michael Schulze, and Opera Performance founder Yasuyoshi Yamamoto, finished first-in-classin the 2011 Nurburgring 24 Hours! It was a dramatic race for TeamSchulze, who were forced to spend a concerning amount of time in thepits addressing mechanical issues with their race-modified Nissan GT-R.

Despite the setbacks, fast, consistent driving brought the team aclass victory, with Kazunori himself bringing the car across the finishline. The team finished 36th overall (official results here),completing 134 laps in 24 hours, 2 minutes, and 26.9 seconds, with afastest lap time of 9:17.707 around the extended, 24-hourcircuit. Congratulations to Yamauchi-san and Schulze Motorsport!

Due to the scale and media coverage of the event, few pictures orvideos of the team are available just yet. For now, enjoy this video ofthe team’s GT-R in action early Sunday morning, captured by YouTuberMawitu23.

<br>

whoa. First Lucas finishing second in their class in Le Mans, and now Kaz won a big event.
smokin.gif

[h1]Kazunori Yamauchi & Team Take Class Victory at 2011 Nurburgring 24 Hours[/h1]
Motorsport Videos June 26th, 2011 by Jordan

kazunori-schulze-gtr-nurburgring-24h-2011.jpg

Kazunori Yamauchi, the father of Gran Turismo, and his teammates Tobias Schulze, Michael Schulze, and Opera Performance founder Yasuyoshi Yamamoto, finished first-in-classin the 2011 Nurburgring 24 Hours! It was a dramatic race for TeamSchulze, who were forced to spend a concerning amount of time in thepits addressing mechanical issues with their race-modified Nissan GT-R.

Despite the setbacks, fast, consistent driving brought the team aclass victory, with Kazunori himself bringing the car across the finishline. The team finished 36th overall (official results here),completing 134 laps in 24 hours, 2 minutes, and 26.9 seconds, with afastest lap time of 9:17.707 around the extended, 24-hourcircuit. Congratulations to Yamauchi-san and Schulze Motorsport!

Due to the scale and media coverage of the event, few pictures orvideos of the team are available just yet. For now, enjoy this video ofthe team’s GT-R in action early Sunday morning, captured by YouTuberMawitu23.

<br>

^ Finishing the Nurburgring 24 hrs (in real life) is already a ridiculous achievement, but to finish 1st in your class? Amazing.
eek.gif

Yeah, Lewis and Ferdy pretty much conceded this year's title after yesterday's race. Seb can not-race the next 3 races and still be in the WDC lead...
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom