Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

New British Lightweight Seasonal Event is up! And the OCD is refreshed, too.
pimp.gif

^ Remember what color the FGT is? I'm still waiting for the silver one... haha.
EDIT ~ Check that.  The silver one is finally there and I just bought it for 2.5mn!  Woohoo.

^ Remember what color the FGT is? I'm still waiting for the silver one... haha.
EDIT ~ Check that.  The silver one is finally there and I just bought it for 2.5mn!  Woohoo.

^ good to know you got the color you wanted.
pimp.gif

I got a white FGT with purple trim in my OCD. Might cop it since it's cheap and 0-mile.

^ good to know you got the color you wanted.
pimp.gif

I got a white FGT with purple trim in my OCD. Might cop it since it's cheap and 0-mile.

Just found out that you can use a slightly de-tuned McLaren F1 as a British Lightweight.
eek.gif
This should be fun at the Ring!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Just found out that you can use a slightly de-tuned McLaren F1 as a British Lightweight.
eek.gif
This should be fun at the Ring!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I've done it once. It's quite a challenge, but it is doable, IMO. try to take the lead from the start and defend all the way to the chequered flag. I skipped a couple of races to finish 3rd in the championship. Waste of time. Gotthe Expert Series complete trophy.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
did it without the mid-championship save.
sick.gif

I'm having difficulty in making the damn car turn in. Yes, it's more powerful than an F2007, but it turns like a boat.
indifferent.gif

I've done it once. It's quite a challenge, but it is doable, IMO. try to take the lead from the start and defend all the way to the chequered flag. I skipped a couple of races to finish 3rd in the championship. Waste of time. Gotthe Expert Series complete trophy.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
did it without the mid-championship save.
sick.gif

I'm having difficulty in making the damn car turn in. Yes, it's more powerful than an F2007, but it turns like a boat.
indifferent.gif

Engine power and added some ballast. Basically turned everything back to the stock configuration. The ballast counters the weight reduction, which is undoable.

Engine power and added some ballast. Basically turned everything back to the stock configuration. The ballast counters the weight reduction, which is undoable.

Valencia Grand Prix weekend. Interesting rule change. I wonder if Red Bull is at a disadvantage from this point on, just as Brawn GP was a couple of years ago.
nerd.gif

[h2] [/h2]
[h2]Europe preview - rule tweak & DRS to mix up Valencia field? [/h2][h2]24 Jun 2011[/h2]

McLaren,Ferrari and Mercedes will all be hoping fervently that a change in theregulations governing engine mapping will clip Red Bull’s wings alittle this weekend at the European round in Valencia and give themmore of a chance of getting on even terms with the Milton Keynes teamin qualifying.

The FIA have informed all of the teams that theymay no longer use different settings for engine maps between qualifyingand the race. Red Bull’s rivals believe that use of a very aggressivemap is one of the reasons why the Renault-powered RB7s have enjoyed upto a half second advantage in qualifying this year and specifically whythey seem able to pull something out of the bag in Q3. Such a set-upwould create more exhaust gases, which can then be used to creategreater downforce by being blown over the rear-end diffuser.

The change comes ahead of FIA plans to ban off-throttle exhaust blown diffusers from next month’s British Grand Prix onwards.

Ferraribelieve that these changes could turn around the world championshipfight, and team principal Stefano Domenicali said in Canada: “We needto see in Silverstone, what is the real effect of this change in theregulations with regard to the effect of the exhaust. Then, we will seereally where is the second championship in terms of the level ofperformance above all in higher downforce tracks."

FernandoAlonso, however, believes that Ferrari can be very strong on his secondvisit of 2011 to his Spanish homeland, after the 150° Italia’sperformances in Monaco and Canada, and that victory may even bepossible.

"I know that our fans are eagerly awaiting our firstwin of the season and I can assure you that the same goes for us," hesays. "At the last two races, we showed we were clearly capable ofwinning and, especially in Monaco, we came pretty close, although Ibelieve that even in Canada I could have fought for it all the way tothe end, given what we had seen in qualifying.

"Now we go to atrack with reasonably similar characteristics to Montreal and there isno obvious reason why we should not be competitive here too."

Lastyear the Spaniard lost out big time when the safety car was deployed,much to his chagrin, and is determined to make amends this year.

"Ialways believe that luck and bad luck balance out by the end of theseason and maybe this unwritten rule also applies to race tracks," hesaid. “If that's the case, I would be more than happy if last year'smisfortune was paid back now!"

Red Bull, meanwhile, will behoping to get back into Victory Lane after Sebastian Vettel’s momentarylapse halfway round the last lap in Canada, and most of all Mark Webberwould like to put memories of his dramatic 2010 360 degree back flipbehind him and open his winning account in 2011.

“Valencia is astreet circuit, but the average speed (200 km/h) is extremely high, soit’s tricky,

Valencia Grand Prix weekend. Interesting rule change. I wonder if Red Bull is at a disadvantage from this point on, just as Brawn GP was a couple of years ago.
nerd.gif

[h2] [/h2]
[h2]Europe preview - rule tweak & DRS to mix up Valencia field? [/h2][h2]24 Jun 2011[/h2]

McLaren,Ferrari and Mercedes will all be hoping fervently that a change in theregulations governing engine mapping will clip Red Bull’s wings alittle this weekend at the European round in Valencia and give themmore of a chance of getting on even terms with the Milton Keynes teamin qualifying.

The FIA have informed all of the teams that theymay no longer use different settings for engine maps between qualifyingand the race. Red Bull’s rivals believe that use of a very aggressivemap is one of the reasons why the Renault-powered RB7s have enjoyed upto a half second advantage in qualifying this year and specifically whythey seem able to pull something out of the bag in Q3. Such a set-upwould create more exhaust gases, which can then be used to creategreater downforce by being blown over the rear-end diffuser.

The change comes ahead of FIA plans to ban off-throttle exhaust blown diffusers from next month’s British Grand Prix onwards.

Ferraribelieve that these changes could turn around the world championshipfight, and team principal Stefano Domenicali said in Canada: “We needto see in Silverstone, what is the real effect of this change in theregulations with regard to the effect of the exhaust. Then, we will seereally where is the second championship in terms of the level ofperformance above all in higher downforce tracks."

FernandoAlonso, however, believes that Ferrari can be very strong on his secondvisit of 2011 to his Spanish homeland, after the 150° Italia’sperformances in Monaco and Canada, and that victory may even bepossible.

"I know that our fans are eagerly awaiting our firstwin of the season and I can assure you that the same goes for us," hesays. "At the last two races, we showed we were clearly capable ofwinning and, especially in Monaco, we came pretty close, although Ibelieve that even in Canada I could have fought for it all the way tothe end, given what we had seen in qualifying.

"Now we go to atrack with reasonably similar characteristics to Montreal and there isno obvious reason why we should not be competitive here too."

Lastyear the Spaniard lost out big time when the safety car was deployed,much to his chagrin, and is determined to make amends this year.

"Ialways believe that luck and bad luck balance out by the end of theseason and maybe this unwritten rule also applies to race tracks," hesaid. “If that's the case, I would be more than happy if last year'smisfortune was paid back now!"

Red Bull, meanwhile, will behoping to get back into Victory Lane after Sebastian Vettel’s momentarylapse halfway round the last lap in Canada, and most of all Mark Webberwould like to put memories of his dramatic 2010 360 degree back flipbehind him and open his winning account in 2011.

“Valencia is astreet circuit, but the average speed (200 km/h) is extremely high, soit’s tricky,

Back
Top Bottom