Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Btw, SinnerP, did you get to attend that RedBull F1 event in HK? i wish I could've gone back, even if it meant only staying for the day and going back home tonight.
laugh.gif
Err... ummm... 
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

^ son of a... didnt see ur post before i made mine. Had an old page loaded on my iPhone. *facepalm*
laugh.gif

Where did they showcase the cars?

^ son of a... didnt see ur post before i made mine. Had an old page loaded on my iPhone. *facepalm*
laugh.gif

Where did they showcase the cars?

^ Yes they did. They had a car (probably not the real car) on display at the World Trade Centre on Wednesday, in front of a temple on Thursday and in front of a 7-11 on Friday.
My pic...

Not my pic... torrential downpour.  

5838508543_928980a420_b.jpg

^ Yes they did. They had a car (probably not the real car) on display at the World Trade Centre on Wednesday, in front of a temple on Thursday and in front of a 7-11 on Friday.
My pic...

Not my pic... torrential downpour.  

5838508543_928980a420_b.jpg

Awesome.
pimp.gif

I wish I could get up close to an F1 car one of these days. Planning on saving up for the Abu Dhabi GP and Ferrari World next year. Although the Malaysian GP is kind of tempting as well (been wanting to watch a race there since 2000) with its reduced ticket prices because of the Singapore GP (which I think is the most-hyped race on the calendar).

Awesome.
pimp.gif

I wish I could get up close to an F1 car one of these days. Planning on saving up for the Abu Dhabi GP and Ferrari World next year. Although the Malaysian GP is kind of tempting as well (been wanting to watch a race there since 2000) with its reduced ticket prices because of the Singapore GP (which I think is the most-hyped race on the calendar).

I've been to 2 races... Malaysia and Shanghai. Malaysia was awesome but just too damn hot. Shanghai was cool, but the track is sooooo big. The commute to the track was a bit of a hassle, plus I didn't really enjoy my time in the city-part of Shanghai.

Singapore looks great on paper... night race, great city, close vicinity of the track-to-city... a great spectacle. The thing is, it's still a street circuit. The race isn't usually the best. Still, I'd go if given the opportunity.

I've been to 2 races... Malaysia and Shanghai. Malaysia was awesome but just too damn hot. Shanghai was cool, but the track is sooooo big. The commute to the track was a bit of a hassle, plus I didn't really enjoy my time in the city-part of Shanghai.

Singapore looks great on paper... night race, great city, close vicinity of the track-to-city... a great spectacle. The thing is, it's still a street circuit. The race isn't usually the best. Still, I'd go if given the opportunity.

Singapore is horrible in terms of racing. The track looks good on paper but it sucks. Bland to say the least. The track is too flat; only change of elevation you see is the part of the track where you hop on through the bridge.
laugh.gif
Their gimmick part of the track that's under the grandstand is annoying; not to mention quite dangerous. Valencia's not that far behind, either. Arguably one of the worst races of the calendar. To add to that, ticket prices are insane. And the prices get worse every year! You can get a grandstand ticket in Malaysia for the price of a walkabout in Singapore.
30t6p3b.gif

How is Sepang, in terms of being fan-friendly?
nerd.gif

Singapore is horrible in terms of racing. The track looks good on paper but it sucks. Bland to say the least. The track is too flat; only change of elevation you see is the part of the track where you hop on through the bridge.
laugh.gif
Their gimmick part of the track that's under the grandstand is annoying; not to mention quite dangerous. Valencia's not that far behind, either. Arguably one of the worst races of the calendar. To add to that, ticket prices are insane. And the prices get worse every year! You can get a grandstand ticket in Malaysia for the price of a walkabout in Singapore.
30t6p3b.gif

How is Sepang, in terms of being fan-friendly?
nerd.gif

I HATE Valencia (the GP). I don't even think Spain deserves 2 GP's! Go back to France or something...

Sepang was pretty good. We sat at the T1-T2 complex, which was awesome. Saw the cars start, saw them come down that looong straight and into T1 for some overtaking. The stalls, shops (situated between the "V" of the 2 straights was pretty close-by. Also, at the end of the GP, we wanted to go into the pits for the podium. The security guys initially said no, but after all of use persisted, he gave in. After that, the pit-lane, start-finish line, track was filled with fans. We also stuck in the pits after the podium, as the teams were packing up. Sauber even fired up an engine... it was loud.

I HATE Valencia (the GP). I don't even think Spain deserves 2 GP's! Go back to France or something...

Sepang was pretty good. We sat at the T1-T2 complex, which was awesome. Saw the cars start, saw them come down that looong straight and into T1 for some overtaking. The stalls, shops (situated between the "V" of the 2 straights was pretty close-by. Also, at the end of the GP, we wanted to go into the pits for the podium. The security guys initially said no, but after all of use persisted, he gave in. After that, the pit-lane, start-finish line, track was filled with fans. We also stuck in the pits after the podium, as the teams were packing up. Sauber even fired up an engine... it was loud.

Yeah. These new street tracks lack character. Valencia (the track) already looks boring on TV, with all the fences. Singapore as well.

Good to hear that Sepang is a nice circuit to visit. Hopefully i can visit that in the future. But i'd rather go to Spa Francorchamps and Monza first (back-to-back races on the calendar, too.
pimp.gif
). Can I throw in a lap around the Ring (in a Ring Taxi), while i'm at it, as well?
laugh.gif
Maybe when I earn enough. But a more realistic goal for me in the immediate future is Abu Dhabi or Malaysia. Will try one of those out first.

Yeah. These new street tracks lack character. Valencia (the track) already looks boring on TV, with all the fences. Singapore as well.

Good to hear that Sepang is a nice circuit to visit. Hopefully i can visit that in the future. But i'd rather go to Spa Francorchamps and Monza first (back-to-back races on the calendar, too.
pimp.gif
). Can I throw in a lap around the Ring (in a Ring Taxi), while i'm at it, as well?
laugh.gif
Maybe when I earn enough. But a more realistic goal for me in the immediate future is Abu Dhabi or Malaysia. Will try one of those out first.

^ i wish.
laugh.gif
but they say the Ring Taxi is always sold out; rarely having any openings.
ohwell.gif

A new DLC would be nice if true. Hopefully they include new cars (more LM prototype cars and that new Lambo
pimp.gif
) on top of New tracks and events.

^ i wish.
laugh.gif
but they say the Ring Taxi is always sold out; rarely having any openings.
ohwell.gif

A new DLC would be nice if true. Hopefully they include new cars (more LM prototype cars and that new Lambo
pimp.gif
) on top of New tracks and events.

The new time trial is fairly easy and offers a good payout and prizes: Cr. 1,000,000 and a helmet and a couple of suits. Got gold on the first try
pimp.gif

The new time trial is fairly easy and offers a good payout and prizes: Cr. 1,000,000 and a helmet and a couple of suits. Got gold on the first try
pimp.gif

Never tried the Time Trials cuz I know I will never be able to get close to those times... might have to try it now...

Never tried the Time Trials cuz I know I will never be able to get close to those times... might have to try it now...

Back
Top Bottom