Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Originally Posted by mrtito32

Ok, I'll try that one when I get home. I was running 2:07 pretty much the whole race, only braking twice each lap. Guess I'll have to try to catch some drifts.
Nah, you should use the brake more often... tap the brakes and use accordingly.  And I wouldn't recommend drifting (if its even possible) since it's a front-wheel-drive.  Not using your brakes and just cranking your steering wheel all the way will result in understeering and overheating your front tires.  I try to dab on the brakes, enter the turn relatively wide and turn-in early.  Not sure if its the correct way for driving a front-wheel car, but in this case it worked for me.  And like I said before, the key is to maintain your speed.  Sliding around will result in losing speed.
Xanadu ~ Yeah, I used MT.  As stated in the Akira setup posted, he said to shift at around 4800-5000rpm.  You can't do that in AT, obviously, as the redline is around 6000 I think.

Originally Posted by mrtito32

Ok, I'll try that one when I get home. I was running 2:07 pretty much the whole race, only braking twice each lap. Guess I'll have to try to catch some drifts.
Nah, you should use the brake more often... tap the brakes and use accordingly.  And I wouldn't recommend drifting (if its even possible) since it's a front-wheel-drive.  Not using your brakes and just cranking your steering wheel all the way will result in understeering and overheating your front tires.  I try to dab on the brakes, enter the turn relatively wide and turn-in early.  Not sure if its the correct way for driving a front-wheel car, but in this case it worked for me.  And like I said before, the key is to maintain your speed.  Sliding around will result in losing speed.
Xanadu ~ Yeah, I used MT.  As stated in the Akira setup posted, he said to shift at around 4800-5000rpm.  You can't do that in AT, obviously, as the redline is around 6000 I think.

^
laugh.gif
Oh right... draft... Yes, very important. Normally on the back straight, my top speed was only around 141-or so kmh. With a good tow/draft/slipstream, I got it up to 148k or so at the end of the straight. Remember to brake just a bit earlier to compensate for the higher speed.

^
laugh.gif
Oh right... draft... Yes, very important. Normally on the back straight, my top speed was only around 141-or so kmh. With a good tow/draft/slipstream, I got it up to 148k or so at the end of the straight. Remember to brake just a bit earlier to compensate for the higher speed.

i'm never anywhere near anyone on the back straight. i always pass them in the canyon and the turn going into the straight, or somewhere on the front side.

i'm never anywhere near anyone on the back straight. i always pass them in the canyon and the turn going into the straight, or somewhere on the front side.

^ Yeah, it's really depends on the sequence of when you pass the cars. A bit of luck involved to see if can catch a car right before the tunnel. I got 2 slipstreams out of 5 laps.

^ Yeah, it's really depends on the sequence of when you pass the cars. A bit of luck involved to see if can catch a car right before the tunnel. I got 2 slipstreams out of 5 laps.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

^all right. Sent you the Black Murcielago SV.

And I have the S7 in silver. I can send that one to you tomorrow.

What Ferrari did you get?
nerd.gif

Sent the first Matte Dark Blue back to SinnerP. will send out the rest tomorrow.
as tito stated b4 it was a 599 tricked out... im using it right now too for the seasonal super car event... but thanks looking forward to getting that S7 always seen it when the CPU drives it but never had a chance to find or buy it... how did u get yours?

^all right. Sent you the Black Murcielago SV.

And I have the S7 in silver. I can send that one to you tomorrow.

What Ferrari did you get?
nerd.gif

Sent the first Matte Dark Blue back to SinnerP. will send out the rest tomorrow.
as tito stated b4 it was a 599 tricked out... im using it right now too for the seasonal super car event... but thanks looking forward to getting that S7 always seen it when the CPU drives it but never had a chance to find or buy it... how did u get yours?

Stood in the 32C (90F for you American folks) heat 90% humidity for hours today just to see this...

It's an older-spec car, but still sounded amazing nonetheless.  Can't beat the live sound and smell of the engine/fuel/tires... 

Stood in the 32C (90F for you American folks) heat 90% humidity for hours today just to see this...

It's an older-spec car, but still sounded amazing nonetheless.  Can't beat the live sound and smell of the engine/fuel/tires... 

Sent the Matte Dark Blue paints to Mr Tito and selfacclaimed. And i sent JayzOnMyToes the Saleen S7. did I miss anyone out?

Btw, SinnerP, did you get to attend that RedBull F1 event in HK? i wish I could've gone back, even if it meant only staying for the day and going back home tonight.
laugh.gif

Sent the Matte Dark Blue paints to Mr Tito and selfacclaimed. And i sent JayzOnMyToes the Saleen S7. did I miss anyone out?

Btw, SinnerP, did you get to attend that RedBull F1 event in HK? i wish I could've gone back, even if it meant only staying for the day and going back home tonight.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Err... ummm... 
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom