Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ Haha... cheaterz! :tongue:

BTW, watching Le Mans quali 2 right now on Eurosport. The commentators (Liz Halliday, who's raced at Le Mans before) was raving about GT5 and GT Academy, saying how real the game is and how good GT Acad. is for developing young motorsport talent.
laugh.gif
You can only earn so much money in such a short time, and I honestly don't have time to earn enough credits to buy the cars. But it's a lot of work doing the glitch now. How it goes is pretty much under wraps. Their ''solution'' is only around a day old so far. Haha.

Lucas is one lucky guy to consider having driving as a career path after just playing a video game. 
eek.gif
smokin.gif
I hope he does well in the race.

And by that Expert Race Event that I was referring to, I meant that race where you're using the Subaru Impreza. I want to win the level tickets. Still doing 1:38s at Laguna Seca, guess I need to do 1:35s or something to challenge for the win. Guess I'd need to hook up the Driving Force GT to shave a few more seconds.

^ Haha... cheaterz! :tongue:

BTW, watching Le Mans quali 2 right now on Eurosport. The commentators (Liz Halliday, who's raced at Le Mans before) was raving about GT5 and GT Academy, saying how real the game is and how good GT Acad. is for developing young motorsport talent.
laugh.gif
You can only earn so much money in such a short time, and I honestly don't have time to earn enough credits to buy the cars. But it's a lot of work doing the glitch now. How it goes is pretty much under wraps. Their ''solution'' is only around a day old so far. Haha.

Lucas is one lucky guy to consider having driving as a career path after just playing a video game. 
eek.gif
smokin.gif
I hope he does well in the race.

And by that Expert Race Event that I was referring to, I meant that race where you're using the Subaru Impreza. I want to win the level tickets. Still doing 1:38s at Laguna Seca, guess I need to do 1:35s or something to challenge for the win. Guess I'd need to hook up the Driving Force GT to shave a few more seconds.

^ I say it in jest, of course! Is the new increased prize money helping out at all?

^ I say it in jest, of course! Is the new increased prize money helping out at all?

^ Of course.
laugh.gif

And yes, the money does help you a lot. I mean, Cr. 305,000 and 50,000 XP in just 3 minutes at the Kei car Eifel race is very rewarding already. If you go the Nurburgring glitch route, though, you get Cr. 7,000,000+ and around 500,000XP in about 45 minutes to an hour if you get at least 5 guys to glitch with you. But it's a lot of work, and can get pretty tiring. Before, it only took you around 18 minutes. My thumb's still pretty sore from last night, actually.
laugh.gif

Didn't notice there was a Caterham 7 in the OCD until last night -and for cheap, too.
eek.gif
pimp.gif
  Isn't that the prize car in the FGT Championship?

Back to Le Mans. Lucas is incredible; got pole.
pimp.gif
I wish I had Eurosport over here.
tired.gif

[h1]http://www.gtplanet.net/lucas-ordonez-on-lmp2-class-pole-at-le-mans-2011/[/h1]
[h1]Lucas Ordoñez on LMP2 Class Pole at Le Mans 2011[/h1]
GT Academy Motorsport June 9th, 2011 by Jordan

signatech-nissan-lemans-2011.jpg

GT Academy winner Lucas Ordoñez is off to an incredible start at LeMans, taking class pole in the LMP2 category. Lucas personally set thefastest lap in his Oreca Nissan with a 3:41.458 around La Sarthe.That’s 1.1 seconds ahead of the next LMP2 challenger, and nearly half asecond faster than Oak Racing’s LMP1 car! For more, see the full qualifying results along with this overview of the day’s events.

The 2011 24 Hours of Le Mans kicks off this Saturday, June 11, at 3:00PM in France (check your local time here).I’ll post again before the race with all the links and resources youneed to follow all of the action this weekend, so stay tuned.

For now, though, Lucas and deserves a huge congratulations – you can reach him on Twitter @Lucas_Ordonez. On behalf of the GTPlanet community, GT fans, and sim-racers around the world, good luck!
[h5]Want More?[/h5]
You should become our fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or subscribe to our RSS feed. You can even get these newsstories delivered viaemail, straight to your inbox every day.

44Share

[h5]Post Tags[/h5]
24 Hours of Le Mans Lucas Ordonez Signatech Nissan

http://www.gtplanet.net/tag/signatech-nissan/

^ Of course.
laugh.gif

And yes, the money does help you a lot. I mean, Cr. 305,000 and 50,000 XP in just 3 minutes at the Kei car Eifel race is very rewarding already. If you go the Nurburgring glitch route, though, you get Cr. 7,000,000+ and around 500,000XP in about 45 minutes to an hour if you get at least 5 guys to glitch with you. But it's a lot of work, and can get pretty tiring. Before, it only took you around 18 minutes. My thumb's still pretty sore from last night, actually.
laugh.gif

Didn't notice there was a Caterham 7 in the OCD until last night -and for cheap, too.
eek.gif
pimp.gif
  Isn't that the prize car in the FGT Championship?

Back to Le Mans. Lucas is incredible; got pole.
pimp.gif
I wish I had Eurosport over here.
tired.gif

[h1]http://www.gtplanet.net/lucas-ordonez-on-lmp2-class-pole-at-le-mans-2011/[/h1]
[h1]Lucas Ordoñez on LMP2 Class Pole at Le Mans 2011[/h1]
GT Academy Motorsport June 9th, 2011 by Jordan

signatech-nissan-lemans-2011.jpg

GT Academy winner Lucas Ordoñez is off to an incredible start at LeMans, taking class pole in the LMP2 category. Lucas personally set thefastest lap in his Oreca Nissan with a 3:41.458 around La Sarthe.That’s 1.1 seconds ahead of the next LMP2 challenger, and nearly half asecond faster than Oak Racing’s LMP1 car! For more, see the full qualifying results along with this overview of the day’s events.

The 2011 24 Hours of Le Mans kicks off this Saturday, June 11, at 3:00PM in France (check your local time here).I’ll post again before the race with all the links and resources youneed to follow all of the action this weekend, so stay tuned.

For now, though, Lucas and deserves a huge congratulations – you can reach him on Twitter @Lucas_Ordonez. On behalf of the GTPlanet community, GT fans, and sim-racers around the world, good luck!
[h5]Want More?[/h5]
You should become our fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or subscribe to our RSS feed. You can even get these newsstories delivered viaemail, straight to your inbox every day.

44Share

[h5]Post Tags[/h5]
24 Hours of Le Mans Lucas Ordonez Signatech Nissan

http://www.gtplanet.net/tag/signatech-nissan/

Heads-up: The Supercar Seasonal now pays out 3x the Cr. amount. Only seasonal event that doesn't pay out that much is the Ferrari one.

Heads-up: The Supercar Seasonal now pays out 3x the Cr. amount. Only seasonal event that doesn't pay out that much is the Ferrari one.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Good looks.

I fired up GT5 today to buy the Bentley Speed 8 and run the K-cup seasonal event a few times.

Reminded me that I miss playing the game...

I put the desk that I was hooking up the DFGT into storage, though... Gotta improvise.

And the Caterham Seven Fireblade isn't even that special, man. It's a beast in real life, but I found it had extremely slow acceleration, especially considering its power/weight ratio..
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Good looks.

I fired up GT5 today to buy the Bentley Speed 8 and run the K-cup seasonal event a few times.

Reminded me that I miss playing the game...

I put the desk that I was hooking up the DFGT into storage, though... Gotta improvise.

And the Caterham Seven Fireblade isn't even that special, man. It's a beast in real life, but I found it had extremely slow acceleration, especially considering its power/weight ratio..
ohwell.gif

Xanadu, just got your add, let me know if you need a specific car or anything.
Just tried to use the Veyron after not having used it since the first month this game was out. I forgot how awful that thing is in corners. 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Ferrari 458 smoking everything in that Supercar Seasonal 

Just tried to use the Veyron after not having used it since the first month this game was out. I forgot how awful that thing is in corners. 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

sick.gif
laugh.gif

Ain't that the truth!
sick.gif
laugh.gif
But I wonder how it got to 9th on the Top Gear Power Lap Times board, cornerning like $#%@. The Stig might actually be superhuman.
eek.gif
nerd.gif

Damn... Escalation just dropped. Guess I'm heading over there for Double XP weekend, and then back onto GT5.
laugh.gif

And they've cancelled the Bahrain Grand Prix. Rightfully so.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Bahrain GP organizers cancel race plans[/h1]

[emoji]169[/emoji] AP, 10 June 2011

[table][tr][td]
bahrain-100611.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][emoji]169[/emoji] AP Images [/td] [/tr][/table]
The controversial Bahrain Grand Prixhas been canceled for 2011, with local organizers announcing Fridaythey would not pursue plans to stage the rescheduled event on Oct. 30.

Bahrain International Circuitchairman Zayed R Alzayani issued a statement saying "it has been madeclear that this fixture cannot progress and we fully respect thatdecision."

The Bahrain GP was originally scheduled to open the F1 season inMarch but was canceled due to political unrest. Last week, F1's worldgoverning body announced a new date for the Bahrain GP in October,sparking criticism from teams, fans and some administrators.

"Bahrain has absolutely no desire to see a race which would furtherextend the calendar season detract from the enjoyment of F1 for eitherdrivers, teams or supporters," Alzayani said. "We want our role inFormula 1 to continue to be as positive and constructive as it hasalways been, therefore, in the best interest of the sport, we will notpursue the rescheduling of a race this season."

F1 chief Bernie Ecclestone had been urged Thursday to re-examine the decision to restore the race to this year's calendar.

In an open letter sent to the Formula One Teams Association, FIAPresident Jean Todt said the decision to hold the Bahrain race on Oct.30 could be revised after teams objected because of logistical andinsurance reasons.

"I have listened to your last-minute objections and have asked thecommercial rights-holder (Ecclestone) to re-examine his calendarproposal, and if necessary, to resubmit a revised proposal to the worldcouncil (FIA)," Todt wrote.

Following assurances by government ministers and organizers that therace could go ahead safely despite ongoing anti-government protests inthe Gulf kingdom, the Bahrain GP was last week given a green light forOctober, with the inaugural Indian GP, scheduled for that date, movedto the final round of the 20-race calendar.

But following a conference call involving all the F1 teams onMonday, FOTA wrote to Todt, Ecclestone and Bahrain GP organizers onTuesday, claiming the changes to the calendar would "undermine ourscheduled transport plans" and "raise insurance problems."

FOTA also highlighted articles in F1's International Sporting Code,in particular stating that changes to the calendar couldn't be madewithout the unanimous approval of all the teams.

"The FIA always has at heart the smooth running of the championshipand the interests of the teams," Todt wrote in a letter to FOTAchairman Martin Whitmarsh and vice chairman Eric Boullier, the teamprincipals of McLaren and Renault respectively.

At least 30 people have been killed since February during the unrest in Bahrain.

Ecclestone told the BBC on Wednesday that, despite last week'scalendar changes, "the schedule cannot be rescheduled without theagreement of the participants."

"Hopefully we can return (to Bahrain) in the future, but of course it's not on," Ecclestone said.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

sick.gif
laugh.gif

Ain't that the truth!
sick.gif
laugh.gif
But I wonder how it got to 9th on the Top Gear Power Lap Times board, cornerning like $#%@. The Stig might actually be superhuman.
eek.gif
nerd.gif

Damn... Escalation just dropped. Guess I'm heading over there for Double XP weekend, and then back onto GT5.
laugh.gif

And they've cancelled the Bahrain Grand Prix. Rightfully so.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Bahrain GP organizers cancel race plans[/h1]

[emoji]169[/emoji] AP, 10 June 2011

[table][tr][td]
bahrain-100611.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][emoji]169[/emoji] AP Images [/td] [/tr][/table]
The controversial Bahrain Grand Prixhas been canceled for 2011, with local organizers announcing Fridaythey would not pursue plans to stage the rescheduled event on Oct. 30.

Bahrain International Circuitchairman Zayed R Alzayani issued a statement saying "it has been madeclear that this fixture cannot progress and we fully respect thatdecision."

The Bahrain GP was originally scheduled to open the F1 season inMarch but was canceled due to political unrest. Last week, F1's worldgoverning body announced a new date for the Bahrain GP in October,sparking criticism from teams, fans and some administrators.

"Bahrain has absolutely no desire to see a race which would furtherextend the calendar season detract from the enjoyment of F1 for eitherdrivers, teams or supporters," Alzayani said. "We want our role inFormula 1 to continue to be as positive and constructive as it hasalways been, therefore, in the best interest of the sport, we will notpursue the rescheduling of a race this season."

F1 chief Bernie Ecclestone had been urged Thursday to re-examine the decision to restore the race to this year's calendar.

In an open letter sent to the Formula One Teams Association, FIAPresident Jean Todt said the decision to hold the Bahrain race on Oct.30 could be revised after teams objected because of logistical andinsurance reasons.

"I have listened to your last-minute objections and have asked thecommercial rights-holder (Ecclestone) to re-examine his calendarproposal, and if necessary, to resubmit a revised proposal to the worldcouncil (FIA)," Todt wrote.

Following assurances by government ministers and organizers that therace could go ahead safely despite ongoing anti-government protests inthe Gulf kingdom, the Bahrain GP was last week given a green light forOctober, with the inaugural Indian GP, scheduled for that date, movedto the final round of the 20-race calendar.

But following a conference call involving all the F1 teams onMonday, FOTA wrote to Todt, Ecclestone and Bahrain GP organizers onTuesday, claiming the changes to the calendar would "undermine ourscheduled transport plans" and "raise insurance problems."

FOTA also highlighted articles in F1's International Sporting Code,in particular stating that changes to the calendar couldn't be madewithout the unanimous approval of all the teams.

"The FIA always has at heart the smooth running of the championshipand the interests of the teams," Todt wrote in a letter to FOTAchairman Martin Whitmarsh and vice chairman Eric Boullier, the teamprincipals of McLaren and Renault respectively.

At least 30 people have been killed since February during the unrest in Bahrain.

Ecclestone told the BBC on Wednesday that, despite last week'scalendar changes, "the schedule cannot be rescheduled without theagreement of the participants."

"Hopefully we can return (to Bahrain) in the future, but of course it's not on," Ecclestone said.

WTH. I'm still missing out on these double XP's. Kaz better make it up to the HKG, JPN and ROK cats.
30t6p3b.gif

The Bahrain thing is crazy. Just one big political dance. The FIA/WMSC has to give it a go (knowing well it wouldn't work), while the teams/FOTA has to reject. That way the FIA can't be guilty towards Bahrain for not trying.

WTH. I'm still missing out on these double XP's. Kaz better make it up to the HKG, JPN and ROK cats.
30t6p3b.gif

The Bahrain thing is crazy. Just one big political dance. The FIA/WMSC has to give it a go (knowing well it wouldn't work), while the teams/FOTA has to reject. That way the FIA can't be guilty towards Bahrain for not trying.

thanks Empire - weird that last night your profile wasn't being shared....maybe when i play again today or tomorrow.

i've been grinding the K series seasonal like its going out of style. the Eifel Kart track only takes me 3 minutes to win 303k Cr. and 50k points.
you guys know of any other seasonals that pay better in the long run? i was looking yesterday and some of the new ones pay over 400k but they are 5 laps. so technically i can win more in the K series. even if i can win over 400k Cr in 5 min in a 5 lap race, i can win over 600k Cr in 6 minutes.

let me know what you guys think.

thanks Empire - weird that last night your profile wasn't being shared....maybe when i play again today or tomorrow.

i've been grinding the K series seasonal like its going out of style. the Eifel Kart track only takes me 3 minutes to win 303k Cr. and 50k points.
you guys know of any other seasonals that pay better in the long run? i was looking yesterday and some of the new ones pay over 400k but they are 5 laps. so technically i can win more in the K series. even if i can win over 400k Cr in 5 min in a 5 lap race, i can win over 600k Cr in 6 minutes.

let me know what you guys think.

^ the Kei car series is still the best (legal) way of grinding races. Sure beats grinding Indy around 100 times (i think i've gone past that)
sick.gif

I think we're almost past the point where levelling up doesn't matter, since we're mostly done with all the events in the game. I'm just enjoying racing now. Really appreciating PD adding new events once in a while.

I only do the glitch to get expensive cars I'm curious about/want to test.

^ the Kei car series is still the best (legal) way of grinding races. Sure beats grinding Indy around 100 times (i think i've gone past that)
sick.gif

I think we're almost past the point where levelling up doesn't matter, since we're mostly done with all the events in the game. I'm just enjoying racing now. Really appreciating PD adding new events once in a while.

I only do the glitch to get expensive cars I'm curious about/want to test.

i don't know the glitch.

never done any of them. heard about a few of them. seen a couple on youtube but not the newest one.

Back
Top Bottom