Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

^ Mine took around 30 mins or so... I'd say wait it out just a little bit longer if you can...

Interesting selection of helmets and suits... Lots of helmets, but you'll need to earn them.
EDIT ~ Just scanned through the GTP pages... it's pretty ridiculous in there and reminds me why I stared spending less time there.  The kids... and I literally mean KIDS, set these unreasonable and unrealistic expectations on what they wanted in the next update.  Then when it doesn't materialize, they %%%+%, whine, complain and %%%+% some more.  Some of them want GT6 in an update.  It's really
30t6p3b.gif

^ Mine took around 30 mins or so... I'd say wait it out just a little bit longer if you can...

Interesting selection of helmets and suits... Lots of helmets, but you'll need to earn them.
EDIT ~ Just scanned through the GTP pages... it's pretty ridiculous in there and reminds me why I stared spending less time there.  The kids... and I literally mean KIDS, set these unreasonable and unrealistic expectations on what they wanted in the next update.  Then when it doesn't materialize, they %%%+%, whine, complain and %%%+% some more.  Some of them want GT6 in an update.  It's really
30t6p3b.gif

All right then. Will check back at the house again in an hour or so. I'm back at work right now.
laugh.gif

Yeah, GTP's a mess right now. PD is definitely doing a lot for us already, and for FREE at that. And they're doing a pretty good job at it. Much more than other companies are doing, with paid DLCs *cough*Activision*cough*.

EDIT: Just re-downloaded. Took less than 30 minutes.
laugh.gif

All right then. Will check back at the house again in an hour or so. I'm back at work right now.
laugh.gif

Yeah, GTP's a mess right now. PD is definitely doing a lot for us already, and for FREE at that. And they're doing a pretty good job at it. Much more than other companies are doing, with paid DLCs *cough*Activision*cough*.

EDIT: Just re-downloaded. Took less than 30 minutes.
laugh.gif

^ Glad to see that they've brought the difficulty back to the seasonals. That Ford Focus@Madrid really kicked my !%@* a few months back... but after that they introduced the no-mods-limit to the challenges, which made it way too easy.

^ Glad to see that they've brought the difficulty back to the seasonals. That Ford Focus@Madrid really kicked my !%@* a few months back... but after that they introduced the no-mods-limit to the challenges, which made it way too easy.

Consider my #%$ whooped.
laugh.gif
only managing around 6th place so far, without really doing any tuning to the vehicles. But hey, even in 6th place, I still got Cr. 252,000 and 70,000 XP in the Fiat 500 race. Not bad at all.

Consider my #%$ whooped.
laugh.gif
only managing around 6th place so far, without really doing any tuning to the vehicles. But hey, even in 6th place, I still got Cr. 252,000 and 70,000 XP in the Fiat 500 race. Not bad at all.

Damn, I gotta set up the DFGT again, this update is looking good.

Bentley Speed 8? Gotta get me one of those.

Damn, I gotta set up the DFGT again, this update is looking good.

Bentley Speed 8? Gotta get me one of those.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ I want Lewis/McLaren to win just as much as his next fan, but in the grand-scheme of things, having a race there, given their current turmoil, would be irresponsible, let alone a danger to all the teams involved.

Very true and from what i've read it's for the teams to decide now.

Speaking of game updates, they use a different server to PSN. Massive update to GT5, seems like this would pull me of inFamous.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ I want Lewis/McLaren to win just as much as his next fan, but in the grand-scheme of things, having a race there, given their current turmoil, would be irresponsible, let alone a danger to all the teams involved.

Very true and from what i've read it's for the teams to decide now.

Speaking of game updates, they use a different server to PSN. Massive update to GT5, seems like this would pull me of inFamous.

^ The Speed 8's gonna cost you around Cr. 2,800,000. Everything's half-off there now. The GT40's down to only Cr. 10,000,000 for now (but you can win it).

Lots of LMPs up there now
pimp.gif
, but i'm still broke. Only got around Cr. 1.6M in credits. Guess I'll be grinding that K-Car seasonal over and over...and over.
laugh.gif

Anybody know how to increase the car's Performance Points other than increasing Horsepower (since there's a limit). Adding downforce is one. Reducing weight is another. Any ideas?
nerd.gif
EDIT: Read somewhere that you could fully tune your car and just use the power limiter to get it down to regulation. Interesting idea. Will try it out tomorrow morning.

^ The Speed 8's gonna cost you around Cr. 2,800,000. Everything's half-off there now. The GT40's down to only Cr. 10,000,000 for now (but you can win it).

pimp.gif
, but i'm still broke. Only got around Cr. 1.6M in credits. Guess I'll be grinding that K-Car seasonal over and over...and over.
laugh.gif

Anybody know how to increase the car's Performance Points other than increasing Horsepower (since there's a limit). Adding downforce is one. Reducing weight is another. Any ideas?
nerd.gif
EDIT: Read somewhere that you could fully tune your car and just use the power limiter to get it down to regulation. Interesting idea. Will try it out tomorrow morning.

^ I think tweaking the gear ratios might also work...  I think making the gears longer increases PP... I think.

^ I think tweaking the gear ratios might also work...  I think making the gears longer increases PP... I think.

Also, Le Mans free practice is on right now, for those interested.

And, making its 20th anniversary return this weekend...
The sound...
eek.gif

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
I have used to power limiter and it works. I was doing some online races and we agreed to stay under 600hp. So I took my 900hp Ferrari 599 down to 600hp using it. I know you asked about PP, but I think they work the same.

Any one have any extra chrome or gold paint chips?
nerd.gif
  Thanks!

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
I have used to power limiter and it works. I was doing some online races and we agreed to stay under 600hp. So I took my 900hp Ferrari 599 down to 600hp using it. I know you asked about PP, but I think they work the same.

Any one have any extra chrome or gold paint chips?
nerd.gif
  Thanks!

Also, Le Mans free practice is on right now, for those interested.

And, making its 20th anniversary return this weekend...
The sound...
eek.gif

^i've used the power limiter before in earlier seasonals. I wonder if the car performs better when fully-tuned but power-limited, as opposed to minor tuning, but not power limited (given they have the "same" horsepower). Trying to exploit everything available that's not specified in the regulations to make these damn cars faster. Need all the extra punch I can get.
laugh.gif
Overtaking 11 cars in 5 laps seems next to impossible with the current regulations, unless you have a significant power advantage, and/or better tires.
ohwell.gif

i'll send you a silver chrome chip tomorrow morning. It's already 12:30am over here.
laugh.gif
I only have one gold chrome chip left. Haven't changed my dummy account's password yet for PSN in order to dupe more paints.
laugh.gif

Le Mans
pimp.gif
That 787B is meaaan! Definitely one of my favorite cars in the game.

Back
Top Bottom