Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Originally Posted by parada45

So my PS3 just got the yellow light

What is my best option?

Have it fixed, back up all your data, and cop a new one.
ohwell.gif

Misread the Maintenance notice
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
. It clearly says 6/8/2011. So that's gonna be tomorrow (or later tonight in my case) instead. Sorry gents. *facepalm* I really hope it's a big update.    Update is LIVE.

Can't belive HK's and Japan's PSNs are not back up yet.

I hope I can catch Le Mans this weekend.
pimp.gif
Not sure if they're going to be broadcasting it here live, though.

And Mr. Tito, going online now. Will share my X2010. Got a little tired of glitching the Nurburgring.
laugh.gif

^Thanks! I mostly used the 2J to knock out the remaining American races.

Thanks everyone for the add.

^Thanks! I mostly used the 2J to knock out the remaining American races.

Thanks everyone for the add.

^ You're welcome.
smile.gif

Saw this on GTPlanet, about the new update. It's 380MB and it's looking great so far.

Update 1.10:
- Cars in the OCD are 0 mile and half-price.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

- And smarter AI.

EDIT:
via the European PlayStation Site.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Gran Turismo 5 - Version 1.10 Feature Update.[/h1]

Options

on 07-06-201107:28 PM

GT5_logo.gif

Hey everyone!

Great news on the Gran Turismo 5 front. There is now a patchavailable that is absolutely packed full of new features as well asaddressing a few issues that some of you reported.

Here are the full details of the update:

Racing Gear Items
  • New racing gear items consisting ofhelmets and suits have been implemented. These can be used by players inA-Spec, or for any of the "My Drivers" in B-Spec.
  • There are plenty of variations to theracing gear items and, in addition to several sets being given out as presentswhen you start GT Mode, players will be able to win new ones when successful inonline events. Players can also take a photo of their drivers wearing theirfavourite gear, and use that custom photo for a driver profile. 
  • Formore details, please refer to "Racing Gear" under Top Menu -  [Manual] - [GT Mode].
Special Online Event Campaign
  • For a limited time, all event prizeswill be tripled, and all cars appearing in the Online Collector's Dealershipwill be brand new (0 mileage) and at half price.
Prizes for online events
  • GT5 will now offer online events inwhich players can win Racing Gear items and cars as prizes, according toperformance. The content of the prizes and the conditions for winning them willvary per event.
  • Detailsof the various events are found in [GT Life] - [Online Events].
Parts purchases through the Settingsscreen
  • In the Settings screen, parts thatplayers have not yet purchased will now have a shopping cart icon appearingnext to them. These can now be purchase on the spot. Purchased parts willimmediately be equipped on their car.
  • Fordetails, refer to Top Menu -  [Manual] -[GT Life] - [Settings]
Improved Opponent AI Algorithm
  • The search range of opponent AI hasbeen expanded and their intelligence algorithm has been improved.
Interrupting and resuming Championshipraces
  • In the championship races of A-Spec andB-Spec modes within [GT Life], there is now an interrupt button in the quickmenu which appears after completing individual races.
  • If the interrupt button is pressed, theevent will be interrupted and a player’s record up to that point will be saved,and the game will end. The next time the player starts the game, they cancontinue the championship race from where they left off.
Additional music track
  • After playback of the ending movie(*short version), "Day To Live/daiki kasho" will be added as a bonusmusic track.
OtherChanges
  • Check the physical endurance of driversthat are resting in the B-Spec endurance races.
  • Sort the garage by [Last Car Driven]
  • In [Weight Adjustment] of [Settings],players can now see changes in the front to rear weight balance when theballast position is changed.
  • The A-Spec driver is now displayed inthe profile screen.
  • In the pit menu of B-Spec, the timelimit for being able to direct pit work has been changed from reaching"0" in the count down, to "Until the car comes to a completestop".
  • The sorting order of the music albumhas been improved.
  • When selecting a track created inCourse Maker from the course album of Arcade Mode or GT Mode, players can nowrun single races with up to 16 cars. (Excluding some tracks such as those madebefore the update, and dirt tracks.)
  • It is now possible to take 3Dphotographs even without connecting a 3D compatible TV.
  • It is now possible to export 3Dphotographs to [Photo] on the XMB[emoji]8482[/emoji].
Correctionof Known Issues
  • PDI has addressed the issue of themaximum speed set in the transmission settings of the settings menu differingfrom the actual top speed of the car. This will affect cars equipped with therelevant transmission tuning part, and almost all racing cars. Cars for whicheach gear ratio was adjusted manually with a full customised transmission inupdate versions 1.07 and earlier will not be affected.
  • An issue with the increase and decreaseof the online logon bonus has been corrected.
  • An issue where the player's car andopponents’ cars braked at the wrong timings in the pit lane during B-Spec hasbeen corrected.
  • A problem where racing sound effectswere turned off after changing settings in the quick menu has been corrected.
  • An issue of how dirty the oil is whenplayers purchase a used car not being affected by the car's mileage has beencorrected.
  • An issue where some of the driver gearcolours had changed after the 1.06 update has been corrected.
  • An issue in the championships of GTLife where opponent cars kept using the same tyres in the second race and onwardshas been corrected.
  • An issue where the menu BGM was beingplayed back during remote racing rather than the race BGM has been corrected.
  • An issue of the program freezing whenopening a garage containing nearly the maximum number of cars has beencorrected.
To Check Your Current Version

Tocheck the version of your software, press the "Manual" button at thebottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upperleft of the index page.

Ifthe number starts with "Ver. 1.10", you are playing the latestversion of the game.

Ifnot, please press PS button and quit the game. The game will be updatedautomatically when you restart it with your PS3[emoji]8482[/emoji] connected to the internet.

^ You're welcome.
smile.gif

Saw this on GTPlanet, about the new update. It's 380MB and it's looking great so far.

Update 1.10:
- Cars in the OCD are 0 mile and half-price.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

- And smarter AI.

EDIT:
via the European PlayStation Site.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Gran Turismo 5 - Version 1.10 Feature Update.[/h1]

Options

on 07-06-201107:28 PM

GT5_logo.gif

Hey everyone!

Great news on the Gran Turismo 5 front. There is now a patchavailable that is absolutely packed full of new features as well asaddressing a few issues that some of you reported.

Here are the full details of the update:

Racing Gear Items
  • New racing gear items consisting ofhelmets and suits have been implemented. These can be used by players inA-Spec, or for any of the "My Drivers" in B-Spec.
  • There are plenty of variations to theracing gear items and, in addition to several sets being given out as presentswhen you start GT Mode, players will be able to win new ones when successful inonline events. Players can also take a photo of their drivers wearing theirfavourite gear, and use that custom photo for a driver profile. 
  • Formore details, please refer to "Racing Gear" under Top Menu -  [Manual] - [GT Mode].
Special Online Event Campaign
  • For a limited time, all event prizeswill be tripled, and all cars appearing in the Online Collector's Dealershipwill be brand new (0 mileage) and at half price.
Prizes for online events
  • GT5 will now offer online events inwhich players can win Racing Gear items and cars as prizes, according toperformance. The content of the prizes and the conditions for winning them willvary per event.
  • Detailsof the various events are found in [GT Life] - [Online Events].
Parts purchases through the Settingsscreen
  • In the Settings screen, parts thatplayers have not yet purchased will now have a shopping cart icon appearingnext to them. These can now be purchase on the spot. Purchased parts willimmediately be equipped on their car.
  • Fordetails, refer to Top Menu -  [Manual] -[GT Life] - [Settings]
Improved Opponent AI Algorithm
  • The search range of opponent AI hasbeen expanded and their intelligence algorithm has been improved.
Interrupting and resuming Championshipraces
  • In the championship races of A-Spec andB-Spec modes within [GT Life], there is now an interrupt button in the quickmenu which appears after completing individual races.
  • If the interrupt button is pressed, theevent will be interrupted and a player’s record up to that point will be saved,and the game will end. The next time the player starts the game, they cancontinue the championship race from where they left off.
Additional music track
  • After playback of the ending movie(*short version), "Day To Live/daiki kasho" will be added as a bonusmusic track.
OtherChanges
  • Check the physical endurance of driversthat are resting in the B-Spec endurance races.
  • Sort the garage by [Last Car Driven]
  • In [Weight Adjustment] of [Settings],players can now see changes in the front to rear weight balance when theballast position is changed.
  • The A-Spec driver is now displayed inthe profile screen.
  • In the pit menu of B-Spec, the timelimit for being able to direct pit work has been changed from reaching"0" in the count down, to "Until the car comes to a completestop".
  • The sorting order of the music albumhas been improved.
  • When selecting a track created inCourse Maker from the course album of Arcade Mode or GT Mode, players can nowrun single races with up to 16 cars. (Excluding some tracks such as those madebefore the update, and dirt tracks.)
  • It is now possible to take 3Dphotographs even without connecting a 3D compatible TV.
  • It is now possible to export 3Dphotographs to [Photo] on the XMB[emoji]8482[/emoji].
Correctionof Known Issues
  • PDI has addressed the issue of themaximum speed set in the transmission settings of the settings menu differingfrom the actual top speed of the car. This will affect cars equipped with therelevant transmission tuning part, and almost all racing cars. Cars for whicheach gear ratio was adjusted manually with a full customised transmission inupdate versions 1.07 and earlier will not be affected.
  • An issue with the increase and decreaseof the online logon bonus has been corrected.
  • An issue where the player's car andopponents’ cars braked at the wrong timings in the pit lane during B-Spec hasbeen corrected.
  • A problem where racing sound effectswere turned off after changing settings in the quick menu has been corrected.
  • An issue of how dirty the oil is whenplayers purchase a used car not being affected by the car's mileage has beencorrected.
  • An issue where some of the driver gearcolours had changed after the 1.06 update has been corrected.
  • An issue in the championships of GTLife where opponent cars kept using the same tyres in the second race and onwardshas been corrected.
  • An issue where the menu BGM was beingplayed back during remote racing rather than the race BGM has been corrected.
  • An issue of the program freezing whenopening a garage containing nearly the maximum number of cars has beencorrected.
To Check Your Current Version

Tocheck the version of your software, press the "Manual" button at thebottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upperleft of the index page.

Ifthe number starts with "Ver. 1.10", you are playing the latestversion of the game.

Ifnot, please press PS button and quit the game. The game will be updatedautomatically when you restart it with your PS3[emoji]8482[/emoji] connected to the internet.

^ yep, it's live!
Very interesting... despite not being able to log onto PSN, when I booted up GT5, it still prompted me to install update 1.10... endurance racing, just in time for Le Mans!

^ yep, it's live!
Very interesting... despite not being able to log onto PSN, when I booted up GT5, it still prompted me to install update 1.10... endurance racing, just in time for Le Mans!

It's up in Europe, I guess. People have been downloading over there already.

Gran Turismo's website is still down for maintenance, though.

Heading home in a few minutes to check if I can download the new update. Will get back to you shortly.

EDIT: It's live.

It's up in Europe, I guess. People have been downloading over there already.

Gran Turismo's website is still down for maintenance, though.

Heading home in a few minutes to check if I can download the new update. Will get back to you shortly.

EDIT: It's live.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Yeah. PSN being down apparently doesn't affect game updates; only online play. I think Black Ops had an update as well during the PSN shutdown.

Wait... they did say that "Interrupt" feature is for in-between races only in championships. How would that work in long-#$% endurance races, though?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Yeah. PSN being down apparently doesn't affect game updates; only online play. I think Black Ops had an update as well during the PSN shutdown.

Wait... they did say that "Interrupt" feature is for in-between races only in championships. How would that work in long-#$% endurance races, though?
nerd.gif

Something I just discovered... I can't "un-online" my B-spec guys... they're locked in online-mode, despite me not being able to get onto PSN!!!
frown.gif

I can't do any enduros as all 5 of my B-specs are locked in!!!

Something I just discovered... I can't "un-online" my B-spec guys... they're locked in online-mode, despite me not being able to get onto PSN!!!
frown.gif

I can't do any enduros as all 5 of my B-specs are locked in!!!

Anybody else having a reaaaallllly slooooooow download of the update? I guess servers are being overloaded again.
ohwell.gif

252439_10150211273073736_593738735_7218116_1341204_n.jpg

Anybody else having a reaaaallllly slooooooow download of the update? I guess servers are being overloaded again.
ohwell.gif

252439_10150211273073736_593738735_7218116_1341204_n.jpg

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

What about experience, how is that?

I think Cr. and XP are tripled in the Seasonals for a limited time now... and the Cars in the Online Car Dealership will be zero-mile and half price.

Word is there's a Bently Speed 8 up there right now.
pimp.gif

Should I just restart my download since it's downloading to slow? or should I wait for it to finish hours from now?
sick.gif

Since all seasonal events payout three times their usual amount (fornow), the Kei cup at Eifel gives you ~300K in about three minutes.

EDIT: A whopping 53000 EXP per race as well.
EDIT: The "Expert Seasonals" apparently give out tickets as well, on top of prize money.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

What about experience, how is that?

I think Cr. and XP are tripled in the Seasonals for a limited time now... and the Cars in the Online Car Dealership will be zero-mile and half price.

Word is there's a Bently Speed 8 up there right now.
pimp.gif

Should I just restart my download since it's downloading to slow? or should I wait for it to finish hours from now?
sick.gif

Since all seasonal events payout three times their usual amount (fornow), the Kei cup at Eifel gives you ~300K in about three minutes.

EDIT: A whopping 53000 EXP per race as well.
EDIT: The "Expert Seasonals" apparently give out tickets as well, on top of prize money.
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom