Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

I don't really buy the head-tracking function. You can turn your head, but your eyes will still have to look forward.

Anyway, shouldn't be long before PSN is back online.

I don't really buy the head-tracking function. You can turn your head, but your eyes will still have to look forward.

Anyway, shouldn't be long before PSN is back online.

True. It definitely doesn't feel natural at all.
laugh.gif

Just remembered today that GT5 had that feature... figured I'd try it out, since I recently got the Eye from the SOCOM 4 bundle. Wouldn't have bought the Eye on its own. =/

True. It definitely doesn't feel natural at all.
laugh.gif

Just remembered today that GT5 had that feature... figured I'd try it out, since I recently got the Eye from the SOCOM 4 bundle. Wouldn't have bought the Eye on its own. =/

BTW, is SOCOM 4 any good? I'm not a huge FPS gamer, but enjoyed COD, Rainbow 6, Killzone, etc...
Is it a team-game where you have computer teammates or are you on your own all the time? I like teams... no one fights alone and survives.

BTW, is SOCOM 4 any good? I'm not a huge FPS gamer, but enjoyed COD, Rainbow 6, Killzone, etc...
Is it a team-game where you have computer teammates or are you on your own all the time? I like teams... no one fights alone and survives.

It's definitely a team game (tactical shooter). You definitely can't progress through your mission if a team member dies. AI is ok but still dumb enough to be easy in the higher difficulty settings, but they aren't zombies. They go for cover as well. Cover is really emphasized in the game. If you're caught out in the open, you're pretty much dead.

All-in-all it's an OK game, albeit the single player campaign storyline is too short (done in less than 6 hours
sick.gif
). I'm itching to play the multiplayer once PSN is back up. Didn't get to do that yet, so that part of the game is still unknown for me. Like I said in the PS3 thread, if you plan to play only Single Player, just rent it (if available).

Oh, and Sharp Shooter support is really good. I just need to get used to turning. But implementation/button mapping of the peripheral is really intuitive and immersive. Tiring after a while, but a lot of fun. For now, I'll live with getting whooped online since I still turn quite slow compared to the DS3; but aiming is faster.

It's definitely a team game (tactical shooter). You definitely can't progress through your mission if a team member dies. AI is ok but still dumb enough to be easy in the higher difficulty settings, but they aren't zombies. They go for cover as well. Cover is really emphasized in the game. If you're caught out in the open, you're pretty much dead.

All-in-all it's an OK game, albeit the single player campaign storyline is too short (done in less than 6 hours
sick.gif
). I'm itching to play the multiplayer once PSN is back up. Didn't get to do that yet, so that part of the game is still unknown for me. Like I said in the PS3 thread, if you plan to play only Single Player, just rent it (if available).

Oh, and Sharp Shooter support is really good. I just need to get used to turning. But implementation/button mapping of the peripheral is really intuitive and immersive. Tiring after a while, but a lot of fun. For now, I'll live with getting whooped online since I still turn quite slow compared to the DS3; but aiming is faster.

damn so not only did my playstation hard drive give out on me and i couldnt back up my save files!! Now im finally back up and got my ps3 back and running with no data... and PSN is still down!! Damn SONY!! SMH!!

but anyways i put in a ton of hours on GT5 and i just lost all of it! I really want to continue playing this game but i refuse to start over after all that grinding i did so far i mean 97% complete SMH now 0%...

so my question is where can i download a save file from someone? anyone want to help a brother out and upload their save file to a online storage place so i can download it?...

damn so not only did my playstation hard drive give out on me and i couldnt back up my save files!! Now im finally back up and got my ps3 back and running with no data... and PSN is still down!! Damn SONY!! SMH!!

but anyways i put in a ton of hours on GT5 and i just lost all of it! I really want to continue playing this game but i refuse to start over after all that grinding i did so far i mean 97% complete SMH now 0%...

so my question is where can i download a save file from someone? anyone want to help a brother out and upload their save file to a online storage place so i can download it?...

^ Sorry to hear that... That was one of my biggest fears before they allowed you to back-up saved games. Now I periodically back-up my saves to multiple storage devices. Backups of backups. *fingers crossed*

I don't think you can share saves though...

MPLS ~ Ahhh... I don't do multiplayer (I suck) and usually just play the single-player campaign. Unfortunately we don't have a lot of game rental spots here (if any). Hmmm.

^ Sorry to hear that... That was one of my biggest fears before they allowed you to back-up saved games. Now I periodically back-up my saves to multiple storage devices. Backups of backups. *fingers crossed*

MPLS ~ Ahhh... I don't do multiplayer (I suck) and usually just play the single-player campaign. Unfortunately we don't have a lot of game rental spots here (if any). Hmmm.

^ it has a good, solid story, but it was too short for me. Games rely too much on multiplayer to last these days in general, IMO. Only reason I had the game is because it was included in the Full Deployment bundle --for practically free.
laugh.gif
I don't think they rent out PS3 games here, either.

The SOCOM 4 Full Deployment Edition bundle, by the way, is selling pretty well over here... not because of the game, though.
laugh.gif
But not as crazy as how the G27 sold. Stocks are very limited (if any), prices got jacked up by ~US$120.
sick.gif

I kinda suck at multiplayer as well because of the horribly slow and laggy internet over here. I even got quadruple-digit ping a few weeks ago! But it doesn't keep me from not playing. Other NTers are nuts in COD!
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Anyway, I don't think you can share game saves on GT5. It's definitely linked to your account somehow, especially the online features. Sorry to hear about that.
frown.gif

^ it has a good, solid story, but it was too short for me. Games rely too much on multiplayer to last these days in general, IMO. Only reason I had the game is because it was included in the Full Deployment bundle --for practically free.
laugh.gif
I don't think they rent out PS3 games here, either.

The SOCOM 4 Full Deployment Edition bundle, by the way, is selling pretty well over here... not because of the game, though.
laugh.gif
But not as crazy as how the G27 sold. Stocks are very limited (if any), prices got jacked up by ~US$120.
sick.gif

I kinda suck at multiplayer as well because of the horribly slow and laggy internet over here. I even got quadruple-digit ping a few weeks ago! But it doesn't keep me from not playing. Other NTers are nuts in COD!
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Anyway, I don't think you can share game saves on GT5. It's definitely linked to your account somehow, especially the online features. Sorry to hear about that.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

yea after doing my research it seems like you need a jailbroken PS3 system in order to play someone elses game save
mad.gif
 oh well the onlty way i will start back from 0% is if they do an update and put all of those old city tracks back in the game if not than im trading this game in

Originally Posted by SinnerP

yea after doing my research it seems like you need a jailbroken PS3 system in order to play someone elses game save
mad.gif
 oh well the onlty way i will start back from 0% is if they do an update and put all of those old city tracks back in the game if not than im trading this game in

Solid track lineup for the races. Looks like the only race worth grinding is the Daytona Super Speedway race. Laguna Seca's probably the one i'm looking forward to race these cars in. Just remembered i bought a lot of muscle cars right before the PSN crisis. Will have to chexk them out.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom