Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

^Yup. Monaco Grand Prix weekend.
pimp.gif

Love the new seasonals. Enjoyed all the races so far, especially SSR-5. had me on edge for 5 laps!
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

^Yup. Monaco Grand Prix weekend.
pimp.gif

Love the new seasonals. Enjoyed all the races so far, especially SSR-5. had me on edge for 5 laps!
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

I'm just hoping all these new seasonals don't expire before I get my PSN back!

If I remember correctly, there's no end date for all the seasonals now. The older seasonal events are still active. I think that's going to be the case until everyone is back up and running again.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

I'm just hoping all these new seasonals don't expire before I get my PSN back!

If I remember correctly, there's no end date for all the seasonals now. The older seasonal events are still active. I think that's going to be the case until everyone is back up and running again.

Still no PSN for me yet, but there's a press release regarding the 'compensation package' for us... a good indicator that our region should be back online soon.

I need my seasonals!

Still no PSN for me yet, but there's a press release regarding the 'compensation package' for us... a good indicator that our region should be back online soon.

I need my seasonals!

The fact you guys have been without PSN for this long is ridiculous.

If I had to wait this long, I'da left for a gaming PC.

The fact you guys have been without PSN for this long is ridiculous.

If I had to wait this long, I'da left for a gaming PC.

Wow. I thought you guys over in HK already got PSN back. This is ridiculous.

On another note, the Monaco GP was very nice, although i disagree with allowing the tyre change; it secured Seb's victory for sure. And Lewis should've been black-flagged. He was driving like the car damage is turned off!
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

And Vitaly Petrov manages to thwart Alonso yet again (he caused the red flag
laugh.gif
). He's beginning to have a reputation as the Anti-Alonso.
laugh.gif

Good to see both Petrov and Perez are alright, albeit suffering mild injuries.

Wow. I thought you guys over in HK already got PSN back. This is ridiculous.

On another note, the Monaco GP was very nice, although i disagree with allowing the tyre change; it secured Seb's victory for sure. And Lewis should've been black-flagged. He was driving like the car damage is turned off!
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

And Vitaly Petrov manages to thwart Alonso yet again (he caused the red flag
laugh.gif
). He's beginning to have a reputation as the Anti-Alonso.
laugh.gif

Good to see both Petrov and Perez are alright, albeit suffering mild injuries.

Finally found out what that rattling sound was from my Driving Force GT: it was the Active Steering feature of GT5 that was forcing the wheel to steer without my input. I thought something broke off internally. Turned it off, and everything's much better feel-wise. After all this time. *facepalm*

Finally found out what that rattling sound was from my Driving Force GT: it was the Active Steering feature of GT5 that was forcing the wheel to steer without my input. I thought something broke off internally. Turned it off, and everything's much better feel-wise. After all this time. *facepalm*

Yeah, the Sony press release was for HK, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia... so I guess we were not the only ones.  
And as for the Monaco GP... I'll break it down into several para's cuz of everything that went on.  The red flag restart, which allowed tyre and bodywork changes was ridiculous.  I was all set for Lewis to retire cuz there was no way he was gonna restart on that wing.  But more importantly, it deprived us of a crazy top-3 battle with Seb apparently only have a few more laps on those tyres, but with 10 laps to go.  It would have been awesome to see Alonso and Jense hounding all over him.  Would have also loved to see Seb "fall off the cliff" (metaphorically as well).  They really needed to change/fix/clarify those rules.  Tyre warmers and air blowers... thats it.  

As for Lewis... that was a poor race... probably one of his worse.  Breaking down his 3 big moves, the one on Schumi was incredible.  It was fair (by both drivers) and gutsy.  At that point, I was expecting an incredible charge from the back.  

Then there was the Massa incident.  I think the initial penalty on DiResta was slightly harsh, to be honest, but I accept that it was risky and an "avoidable accident", so ultimately, I accept it.  When Lewis did the same, a drive through was inevitable.  Passing at Loews is hard enough with 1 car there, let alone 4 cars.  The gap was always gonna close there and he (as well as Massa) ended up paying for it.  

As for the Maldo move, I felt it was more 50/50.  If you watch the replays, it was very similar to the Schumi move.  The difference was Schumi gave them both space, while Maldo didn't.  Ok, he was slightly farther back (equal with Schumi, but 1/2 car length behind Maldo), but the onboard footage did show Maldo turning into the apex a bit earlier to defend/block.  The thing is, Lew was already there and had to go onto the curbs to avoid contact.  Not saying Lewis wasn't at fault here, as it was still an overly-ambitious move, but I felt it was a bit unfair to pin it entirely on him.  Overtaking is a dance that require both drivers to get it right.  

Should Lewis have been black-flagged?  I don't think so.  There was the Massa incident, which he was penalized for... but after that it was the Maldo move which happened with 4 laps (or so) left, if I remember correctly.  It was under investigation at the time, so they wouldn't have had enough laps to make any big decisions like that.  They were 2 opportunistic (and clearly frustrated) moves, but I don't think they deserved a black-flag when combined.  The Schumi move on Rubens, which was dangerous and malicious... now that deserved a black flag.

Have I even gotten to his post-race BBC interview?  That was the worse part of the weekend for me.  It was a poor weekend for Lewis... hard luck in quali followed by a desperate and frustrating drive on Sunday.  It was a bad race... I can accept that.  The "race" outburst was totally unacceptable though.  I understand he was in the heat of the moment and clearly frustrated, but he really needs to cool his head down and thing before mouthing off... from the "race" comment to blaming other drivers, but himself.  That didn't sit well with me, to say the least.

Sorry for "blogging"... 

Yeah, the Sony press release was for HK, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia... so I guess we were not the only ones.  
And as for the Monaco GP... I'll break it down into several para's cuz of everything that went on.  The red flag restart, which allowed tyre and bodywork changes was ridiculous.  I was all set for Lewis to retire cuz there was no way he was gonna restart on that wing.  But more importantly, it deprived us of a crazy top-3 battle with Seb apparently only have a few more laps on those tyres, but with 10 laps to go.  It would have been awesome to see Alonso and Jense hounding all over him.  Would have also loved to see Seb "fall off the cliff" (metaphorically as well).  They really needed to change/fix/clarify those rules.  Tyre warmers and air blowers... thats it.  

As for Lewis... that was a poor race... probably one of his worse.  Breaking down his 3 big moves, the one on Schumi was incredible.  It was fair (by both drivers) and gutsy.  At that point, I was expecting an incredible charge from the back.  

Then there was the Massa incident.  I think the initial penalty on DiResta was slightly harsh, to be honest, but I accept that it was risky and an "avoidable accident", so ultimately, I accept it.  When Lewis did the same, a drive through was inevitable.  Passing at Loews is hard enough with 1 car there, let alone 4 cars.  The gap was always gonna close there and he (as well as Massa) ended up paying for it.  

As for the Maldo move, I felt it was more 50/50.  If you watch the replays, it was very similar to the Schumi move.  The difference was Schumi gave them both space, while Maldo didn't.  Ok, he was slightly farther back (equal with Schumi, but 1/2 car length behind Maldo), but the onboard footage did show Maldo turning into the apex a bit earlier to defend/block.  The thing is, Lew was already there and had to go onto the curbs to avoid contact.  Not saying Lewis wasn't at fault here, as it was still an overly-ambitious move, but I felt it was a bit unfair to pin it entirely on him.  Overtaking is a dance that require both drivers to get it right.  

Should Lewis have been black-flagged?  I don't think so.  There was the Massa incident, which he was penalized for... but after that it was the Maldo move which happened with 4 laps (or so) left, if I remember correctly.  It was under investigation at the time, so they wouldn't have had enough laps to make any big decisions like that.  They were 2 opportunistic (and clearly frustrated) moves, but I don't think they deserved a black-flag when combined.  The Schumi move on Rubens, which was dangerous and malicious... now that deserved a black flag.

Have I even gotten to his post-race BBC interview?  That was the worse part of the weekend for me.  It was a poor weekend for Lewis... hard luck in quali followed by a desperate and frustrating drive on Sunday.  It was a bad race... I can accept that.  The "race" outburst was totally unacceptable though.  I understand he was in the heat of the moment and clearly frustrated, but he really needs to cool his head down and thing before mouthing off... from the "race" comment to blaming other drivers, but himself.  That didn't sit well with me, to say the least.

Sorry for "blogging"... 

I agree with your points. The change to fresh tyres for everyone leveled the playing field too much. Tyre warmers should be the absolute limit for this situation.

Lewis was definitely overambitious with some of his overtaking. Just want to clarify what i meant. By black-flagged, i meant that he shouldn't have been allowed to carry on with the race with the condition of his wing, not largely about his questionable driving. I mean, he lapped around the track, knowing full well his car was damaged. That didn't seem right. I remember a race a few years ago, when a similar incident happened with the front wing of another car, forced the driver to retire when he tried to limp the car to the finish. I just think the rules need to be clearer from now on. The stewards' actions seem to be snap-judgments.

the 'marbles' definitely contributed to the Massa incident; not entirely lewis' fault. Although, Lewis cut the corner during the overtake attempt at loews as well. The Schumi overtake by Lewis was definitely brave stuff. His post-race interview was unacceptable. His comments were in the heat of the moment, definitely, but i thought he should've handled it better. As you said, blaming everyone but himself.

I can't help but feel that the stewards helped Sebastian to the victory.
30t6p3b.gif

I agree with your points. The change to fresh tyres for everyone leveled the playing field too much. Tyre warmers should be the absolute limit for this situation.

Lewis was definitely overambitious with some of his overtaking. Just want to clarify what i meant. By black-flagged, i meant that he shouldn't have been allowed to carry on with the race with the condition of his wing, not largely about his questionable driving. I mean, he lapped around the track, knowing full well his car was damaged. That didn't seem right. I remember a race a few years ago, when a similar incident happened with the front wing of another car, forced the driver to retire when he tried to limp the car to the finish. I just think the rules need to be clearer from now on. The stewards' actions seem to be snap-judgments.

the 'marbles' definitely contributed to the Massa incident; not entirely lewis' fault. Although, Lewis cut the corner during the overtake attempt at loews as well. The Schumi overtake by Lewis was definitely brave stuff. His post-race interview was unacceptable. His comments were in the heat of the moment, definitely, but i thought he should've handled it better. As you said, blaming everyone but himself.

I can't help but feel that the stewards helped Sebastian to the victory.
30t6p3b.gif

Ahh... I gotcha. Yeah, under racing conditions, his barely-there wing woulda been black flagged... even McLaren would have brought him in... he wasn't able to drive in a straight line even under safety car conditions. I think they red flagged the race 1 lap after the SC came out so they wouldn't have had a chance to black flag Lew anyway. As for the Massa incident, at the Loews hairpin Massa collided with Lewis and Webber. By the time he had gotten onto the tunnel section, he had damaged bits. He got onto the dirty part of the tunnel (outside line) and that immediately sucked him into the wall. The same thing happened to Alonso and Ralf a bunch of years back. Alo was driving for Renault while Ralf was in the BMW.

Don't wanna take away too much from Seb's win, but they were very lucky. On their 1 and only pitstop, they had put on the wrong tyres. It all worked out cuz of the SC... everything just fell into place for them.
This is interesting... HAM/MSC vs HAM/MAL
nerd.gif

6a42e56c4c.jpg

Ahh... I gotcha. Yeah, under racing conditions, his barely-there wing woulda been black flagged... even McLaren would have brought him in... he wasn't able to drive in a straight line even under safety car conditions. I think they red flagged the race 1 lap after the SC came out so they wouldn't have had a chance to black flag Lew anyway. As for the Massa incident, at the Loews hairpin Massa collided with Lewis and Webber. By the time he had gotten onto the tunnel section, he had damaged bits. He got onto the dirty part of the tunnel (outside line) and that immediately sucked him into the wall. The same thing happened to Alonso and Ralf a bunch of years back. Alo was driving for Renault while Ralf was in the BMW.

Don't wanna take away too much from Seb's win, but they were very lucky. On their 1 and only pitstop, they had put on the wrong tyres. It all worked out cuz of the SC... everything just fell into place for them.
This is interesting... HAM/MSC vs HAM/MAL
nerd.gif

6a42e56c4c.jpg

I already expected a bad race for Lewis after qualifying yesterday but what annoyed me the most was Vettels luck throughout the weekend. Hamilton would definitely have qualified on the front row if not on pole, Massa's crash helped him get in front of Button and when his tyres were about to fall off, he gets a brand spanking new set of supersofts. Terrible weekend.

I already expected a bad race for Lewis after qualifying yesterday but what annoyed me the most was Vettels luck throughout the weekend. Hamilton would definitely have qualified on the front row if not on pole, Massa's crash helped him get in front of Button and when his tyres were about to fall off, he gets a brand spanking new set of supersofts. Terrible weekend.

Back
Top Bottom