Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Just noticed there was a new Seasonal event: the Japanese Lightweight K Cup. Race for Japanese Microcars.

Looks like my fully-tuned Suzuki Capuccino RM is going to make a comeback.
laugh.gif

Just noticed there was a new Seasonal event: the Japanese Lightweight K Cup. Race for Japanese Microcars.

Looks like my fully-tuned Suzuki Capuccino RM is going to make a comeback.
laugh.gif

By the way, speaking of the Japanese, i'm in an all-Japanese Nurburgring glitch room. These guys are cool. Very disciplined glitching.
pimp.gif

By the way, speaking of the Japanese, i'm in an all-Japanese Nurburgring glitch room. These guys are cool. Very disciplined glitching.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Originally Posted by bigj505

yo! signed onto GT today and saw no cars in the trailer truck. would they be somewhere else?

Since the trade limiting patch, some of the cars you need are unable to actually be sent to you, as they are worth more than 1,000,000 CP.

So what zk1's done is 'shared' them.

Go to the community tab underneath GT Life and find his name, click his profile and you should see 6 cars that he has shared. Select one, and you should have the option to borrow it.

From there you can select it, and drive in the races you need it for.
ah ok. thanks for clarifying it for me. i ended up  spending yesterday doing b spec races.

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Originally Posted by bigj505

yo! signed onto GT today and saw no cars in the trailer truck. would they be somewhere else?

Since the trade limiting patch, some of the cars you need are unable to actually be sent to you, as they are worth more than 1,000,000 CP.

So what zk1's done is 'shared' them.

Go to the community tab underneath GT Life and find his name, click his profile and you should see 6 cars that he has shared. Select one, and you should have the option to borrow it.

From there you can select it, and drive in the races you need it for.
ah ok. thanks for clarifying it for me. i ended up  spending yesterday doing b spec races.

Just did the seasonals... Payout is decent, but the races aren't exactly my favorite; they were quite boring to be honest. No updates from the OCD, by the way.

Doing the Nurburgring glitch is much trickier after the patch, but still doable.

Just did the seasonals... Payout is decent, but the races aren't exactly my favorite; they were quite boring to be honest. No updates from the OCD, by the way.

Doing the Nurburgring glitch is much trickier after the patch, but still doable.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

One of the new seasonals pays out more per minute than grinding Indy if you use a Cappucino RM air limited to drop its PP.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

One of the new seasonals pays out more per minute than grinding Indy if you use a Cappucino RM air limited to drop its PP.

Haven't touched this game in a few days, but zk1MPLS did you catch the race? Wow... it was fantastic.

Haven't touched this game in a few days, but zk1MPLS did you catch the race? Wow... it was fantastic.

Yeah, i did. Finally someone other than Red Bull won a race this year.
laugh.gif
Lewis did a terrific job.
pimp.gif

Mark Webber coming from the back of the grid to 3rd place.... The Red Bull's pace without a properly working KERS. Nuts!
eek.gif
sick.gif

Ferrari's lack of pace is still disheartening. Maranello's probably in chaos right now... Luca Di Montezemolo's livid, too. They better get themselves back in contention before Red Bull and McLaren pull away. =/

Mercedes is finally showing pace to catch up again with the big boys... Although they are not yet consistent, though.

Formula One action is definitely getting better with the new changes. The sheer amount of pit stops we are seeing is definitely shaking up the order of the race! Sergio Perez's looking like the next Raikkonen, too!
pimp.gif

Yeah, i did. Finally someone other than Red Bull won a race this year.
laugh.gif
Lewis did a terrific job.
pimp.gif

Mark Webber coming from the back of the grid to 3rd place.... The Red Bull's pace without a properly working KERS. Nuts!
eek.gif
sick.gif

Ferrari's lack of pace is still disheartening. Maranello's probably in chaos right now... Luca Di Montezemolo's livid, too. They better get themselves back in contention before Red Bull and McLaren pull away. =/

Mercedes is finally showing pace to catch up again with the big boys... Although they are not yet consistent, though.

Formula One action is definitely getting better with the new changes. The sheer amount of pit stops we are seeing is definitely shaking up the order of the race! Sergio Perez's looking like the next Raikkonen, too!
pimp.gif

Webbo shoulda qualified way better than he did. A KERS-less RBR on primes should at least be able to get into Q2. He had a ridiculous race though.

I'm not completely sold on all the new changes, like the DRS. If anything, it's been the new Pirellis which have been the biggest factor. It's unpredictability and sudden drop-off will really throw the teams off. Before, they could pre-determine when to pit (say, after 14 laps on the options), but now the driver is the deciding factor. The tires can drop-off a lot all within 1 lap. Stay out 1 lap more than the tires' lifespan and it can cost you seconds.

I'm still not a fan of the DRS. It's too unfair. You're on a straight and the guy behind you has a clear advantage... that's not racing. In racing you should be allowed to defend. In the past, some guys were harder to get past, which gave you good battles. With the DRS and these new rules, you can't really defend and end up being a sitting-duck. That's not racing.

Webbo shoulda qualified way better than he did. A KERS-less RBR on primes should at least be able to get into Q2. He had a ridiculous race though.

I'm not completely sold on all the new changes, like the DRS. If anything, it's been the new Pirellis which have been the biggest factor. It's unpredictability and sudden drop-off will really throw the teams off. Before, they could pre-determine when to pit (say, after 14 laps on the options), but now the driver is the deciding factor. The tires can drop-off a lot all within 1 lap. Stay out 1 lap more than the tires' lifespan and it can cost you seconds.

I'm still not a fan of the DRS. It's too unfair. You're on a straight and the guy behind you has a clear advantage... that's not racing. In racing you should be allowed to defend. In the past, some guys were harder to get past, which gave you good battles. With the DRS and these new rules, you can't really defend and end up being a sitting-duck. That's not racing.

I agree with DRS being unfair to the driver in front, but it is an interesting aspect on how they use KERS as well. They use KERS out of corners earlier than they should to keep the gap before the DRS activates.
laugh.gif
But you can only do so much. The driver at the rear already has the advantage of the draft from that close.
30t6p3b.gif

Did you hear about Richard Branson's bet with the Malaysian owner of AirAsia that he lost?
roll.gif
roll.gif

I agree with DRS being unfair to the driver in front, but it is an interesting aspect on how they use KERS as well. They use KERS out of corners earlier than they should to keep the gap before the DRS activates.
laugh.gif
But you can only do so much. The driver at the rear already has the advantage of the draft from that close.
30t6p3b.gif

Did you hear about Richard Branson's bet with the Malaysian owner of AirAsia that he lost?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yeah, the Richard Branson/Tony Fernandez bet was made at the beginning of the 2010 season. Basically, which team (Lotus and Virgin) ended the 2010 season with more points, won. Team Lotus won, so Sir Richard has to slide into a stewardess' uni... and serve drinks or something on a flight. It was supposed to happen earlier this year, but I forgot why it was postponed. Anyway, it's still happening. Haha.

Anyway, back to GT5
Who's up for doing some online "track runs"? Not racing... free runs... like a track-day I suppose.

Yeah, the Richard Branson/Tony Fernandez bet was made at the beginning of the 2010 season. Basically, which team (Lotus and Virgin) ended the 2010 season with more points, won. Team Lotus won, so Sir Richard has to slide into a stewardess' uni... and serve drinks or something on a flight. It was supposed to happen earlier this year, but I forgot why it was postponed. Anyway, it's still happening. Haha.

Anyway, back to GT5
Who's up for doing some online "track runs"? Not racing... free runs... like a track-day I suppose.

The 'expiration' of the current batch of seasons has been blanked out so I'm guessing it'll be a while. I haven't checked today though.

The more cars, the merrier for a track-day.

The 'expiration' of the current batch of seasons has been blanked out so I'm guessing it'll be a while. I haven't checked today though.

The more cars, the merrier for a track-day.

Branson's going to have his legs shaved as well... The honor of doing so will be auctioned off before the flight!
laugh.gif

Anyway, I'm good with a few online runs. I just hope PSN is back online soon.

Back
Top Bottom