Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Branson's going to have his legs shaved as well... The honor of doing so will be auctioned off before the flight!
laugh.gif

Anyway, I'm good with a few online runs. I just hope PSN is back online soon.

BTW, got an opportunity to try-out the Thrustmaster T500 today... 1 lap around the Nurburgring in the Falken R34... O.M.G.

BTW, got an opportunity to try-out the Thrustmaster T500 today... 1 lap around the Nurburgring in the Falken R34... O.M.G.

^Nice. Is it really that better than the G27?

I still don't think it's worth all that money, though. No stick shift to use with the clutch, too. =/

^Nice. Is it really that better than the G27?

I still don't think it's worth all that money, though. No stick shift to use with the clutch, too. =/

From my limited experience with both wheels, I'd say the T500 is WAY better than the G27. Different leagues, IMO. The torque/force-feedback from T500 is ridiculous. It was set on around 30%, but was still very strong. I would have gone for 50%, but the guy at the shop didn't want the setting too high for the kids. The pedals were excellent too. A good weight and feel to them.

I think for the T500, it's a case of getting your bang for your buck. Yes, it's expensive, but the quality is very impressive. Lots of metal bits... it's heavy/sturdy... strong and good FFB...

Too bad no release date on the stick yet.

From my limited experience with both wheels, I'd say the T500 is WAY better than the G27. Different leagues, IMO. The torque/force-feedback from T500 is ridiculous. It was set on around 30%, but was still very strong. I would have gone for 50%, but the guy at the shop didn't want the setting too high for the kids. The pedals were excellent too. A good weight and feel to them.

I think for the T500, it's a case of getting your bang for your buck. Yes, it's expensive, but the quality is very impressive. Lots of metal bits... it's heavy/sturdy... strong and good FFB...

Too bad no release date on the stick yet.

^Awesome video.
pimp.gif

I just wish that they made most of the barriers on the city courses invisible (like the ones in the Top Gear Test Track), so we can actually appreciate their effort in capturing the surroundings. Although, my surmise would be that they were going for the "street circuit" look (like Monaco/Cote D' Azur). I know in real life that it's in their interest of safety, but that's what I just dislike in F1 Street Circuits (Valencia/Singapore).
laugh.gif

Armco and sponsor logos everywhere. =/

EDIT: As for the Thrustmaster wheel, I guess they wanted to keep costs down and just sell shifters to those who want one? Kind of pointless placing a clutch pedal without including a shifter, though... at that price, too.
eyes.gif

^Awesome video.
pimp.gif

I just wish that they made most of the barriers on the city courses invisible (like the ones in the Top Gear Test Track), so we can actually appreciate their effort in capturing the surroundings. Although, my surmise would be that they were going for the "street circuit" look (like Monaco/Cote D' Azur). I know in real life that it's in their interest of safety, but that's what I just dislike in F1 Street Circuits (Valencia/Singapore).
laugh.gif

Armco and sponsor logos everywhere. =/

EDIT: As for the Thrustmaster wheel, I guess they wanted to keep costs down and just sell shifters to those who want one? Kind of pointless placing a clutch pedal without including a shifter, though... at that price, too.
eyes.gif

i need to get back on this but the gears beta has a time limit and i needs me some gears.

i need to get back on this but the gears beta has a time limit and i needs me some gears.

Any idea how much the M3 CSL is in the game? I reckon it's only available at the UCD. Been reading good things about that car. Definitely piqued my interest.
laugh.gif

Any idea how much the M3 CSL is in the game? I reckon it's only available at the UCD. Been reading good things about that car. Definitely piqued my interest.
laugh.gif

gran turismo is the best simulation car racing game of all time..hands down....synch that %$! up with the G27 logitech racing wheel..lol taught my cousin how to driev 5spd

gran turismo is the best simulation car racing game of all time..hands down....synch that %$! up with the G27 logitech racing wheel..lol taught my cousin how to driev 5spd

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

laugh.gif
the E46 M3? i didnt see it in the USD..i wanna cop too! Also, do you have cars to complete each race for licensing?

anyone have tutorials on drifting? i use a regular dualshock controller.

laugh.gif
the E46 M3? i didnt see it in the USD..i wanna cop too! Also, do you have cars to complete each race for licensing?

Originally Posted by akademikgenius

laugh.gif

^ Yup, the E46.
pimp.gif
What do you mean? If you mean you need cars to use for all the races in the levels, I got several from which you can choose from. Just add me on PSN, and I can share those for you to borrow. If you meant that you need certain cars to complete the license tests, you have to beat the set times/goals using the car provided for each license test. As for tips for drifting, I can't help you much with that. I suck.
laugh.gif
NFS made drifting too easy.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by akademikgenius

laugh.gif

^ Yup, the E46.
pimp.gif
What do you mean? If you mean you need cars to use for all the races in the levels, I got several from which you can choose from. Just add me on PSN, and I can share those for you to borrow. If you meant that you need certain cars to complete the license tests, you have to beat the set times/goals using the car provided for each license test. As for tips for drifting, I can't help you much with that. I suck.
laugh.gif
NFS made drifting too easy.
30t6p3b.gif

Tried GT5 with the PS Eye Head Tracking feature tonight. Meh. It works well, but I don't really use cockpit view all that much. But the realism nuts will gladly have this as a welcome addition to the game.

I really want PSN back. Probably this outage gave PD time to patch up more glitches (hopefully not), but I wish they come up with new features or at least new events.

Tried GT5 with the PS Eye Head Tracking feature tonight. Meh. It works well, but I don't really use cockpit view all that much. But the realism nuts will gladly have this as a welcome addition to the game.

I really want PSN back. Probably this outage gave PD time to patch up more glitches (hopefully not), but I wish they come up with new features or at least new events.

Back
Top Bottom