Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

LOL, that was an exciting quali...
eek.gif
I can breathe now. Good to see that RBR were really pushed to the limit. Their guys were genuinely relieved/happy/excited that Seb was just faster. Not an RBR runaway...

^ Now we know which Mercedes driver is faster.
laugh.gif
Wasn't that much of a bad qualifying session for the Ferraris... The Red Bulls' pace just was too much. Hopefully Ferrari does well in the race, as shown in their fast race pace in Melboune. Hopefully it rains tomorrow.

^ Now we know which Mercedes driver is faster.
laugh.gif
Wasn't that much of a bad qualifying session for the Ferraris... The Red Bulls' pace just was too much. Hopefully Ferrari does well in the race, as shown in their fast race pace in Melboune. Hopefully it rains tomorrow.

Nah, I don't think so. Considering how strong Ferrari looked during the preseason testing, I think they have been really poor thus far. They have been over a second slower during FP's, and Alonso was 9-10ths (lets just say 1 second) slower than pole. They really shouldn't be that far back. As much as I enjoy seeing them suffer, I am really quite surprised. Maybe they'll have better long-run pace, but in terms of pure-pace, they're nowhere near RBR.

Still, glad to see how my boyz have rebounded (considering preseason) and are really putting the pressure on RBR. The RBR pitwall seemed genuinely pleased and relieved that Seb was able to pull that lap out, which shows they were being challenged. Props to Seb on his stunning lap.

Nah, I don't think so. Considering how strong Ferrari looked during the preseason testing, I think they have been really poor thus far. They have been over a second slower during FP's, and Alonso was 9-10ths (lets just say 1 second) slower than pole. They really shouldn't be that far back. As much as I enjoy seeing them suffer, I am really quite surprised. Maybe they'll have better long-run pace, but in terms of pure-pace, they're nowhere near RBR.

Still, glad to see how my boyz have rebounded (considering preseason) and are really putting the pressure on RBR. The RBR pitwall seemed genuinely pleased and relieved that Seb was able to pull that lap out, which shows they were being challenged. Props to Seb on his stunning lap.

Yeah, their lack of pace during practice has been alarming. But they have been working hard. The other top teams are just a step ahead, I guess. =/

McLaren seem to be back on track considering the reliability issues they had in preseason testing.

Yeah, their lack of pace during practice has been alarming. But they have been working hard. The other top teams are just a step ahead, I guess. =/

McLaren seem to be back on track considering the reliability issues they had in preseason testing.

Via GTPlanet.com

Track logos point to possible Gran Turismo 5 DLC
gamgt5logos530.jpg

GTPlanet recently did a bit of internet sleuthing into the Gran Turismo 5 official website, and uncovered logos for 24 tracks which aren't currently available in the game. A few have appeared in past titles, including Gran Turismo 4 and Gran Turismo PSP -- but all 24 have never appeared together in the same title. Check out the process through which these logos were divined on this GTPlanet forum post, and check out the full list of tracks after the jump.

It's unclear whether these logos are actually indicative of a batch of tracks that are coming to Gran Turismo 5 as DLC -- though it's worth noting that the list contains the track "El Capitan," which was shown as a GT5 track in a cross-promotional video posted (briefly) by Red Bull last year. If that particular track actually ends up in the game, that would mean that Polyphony Digital has been working on it for a while! Why, that doesn't sound like them at all.
Driving Park (20r60r)
Apricot Hill
Citta di Aria
Costa di Amalfi
Grand Canyon
Hong Kong
Ice Arena
Infineon Raceway
Driving Park (Kashiwa)
Las Vegas
Midfield Raceway
Twin Ring Motegi
New York
George V Paris
Opera Paris (Tarmac)
Seattle Circuit
Seoul Circuit
Swiss Alps South
Tahiti Maze
Valencia Circuit
El Capitan
Cathedral Rocks (Dirt)
Cathedral Rocks (Dirt Mini)
Cathedral Rocks (Dirt Short)

Via GTPlanet.com

gamgt5logos530.jpg

GTPlanet recently did a bit of internet sleuthing into the Gran Turismo 5 official website, and uncovered logos for 24 tracks which aren't currently available in the game. A few have appeared in past titles, including Gran Turismo 4 and Gran Turismo PSP -- but all 24 have never appeared together in the same title. Check out the process through which these logos were divined on this GTPlanet forum post, and check out the full list of tracks after the jump.

It's unclear whether these logos are actually indicative of a batch of tracks that are coming to Gran Turismo 5 as DLC -- though it's worth noting that the list contains the track "El Capitan," which was shown as a GT5 track in a cross-promotional video posted (briefly) by Red Bull last year. If that particular track actually ends up in the game, that would mean that Polyphony Digital has been working on it for a while! Why, that doesn't sound like them at all.
Driving Park (20r60r)
Apricot Hill
Citta di Aria
Costa di Amalfi
Grand Canyon
Hong Kong
Ice Arena
Infineon Raceway
Driving Park (Kashiwa)
Las Vegas
Midfield Raceway
Twin Ring Motegi
New York
George V Paris
Opera Paris (Tarmac)
Seattle Circuit
Seoul Circuit
Swiss Alps South
Tahiti Maze
Valencia Circuit
El Capitan
Cathedral Rocks (Dirt)
Cathedral Rocks (Dirt Mini)
Cathedral Rocks (Dirt Short)

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via GTPlanet.com

Don't want to get too excited, but seeing the return of all those circuits would be 
smokin.gif

Bringing back the Complex String would top it all... 

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via GTPlanet.com

Don't want to get too excited, but seeing the return of all those circuits would be 
smokin.gif

Bringing back the Complex String would top it all... 

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

did anyone get that ticket 1000? I got a Nissan Fairlady Z Concept LM Race Car

I think I got my second Ford GT40 from that or my Tom's Supra. Can't really remember.
laugh.gif
Bringing back Complex String would be epic. That track is nuts!
eek.gif
Someone please post a pic of the track. Posting from my iPhone.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

did anyone get that ticket 1000? I got a Nissan Fairlady Z Concept LM Race Car

I think I got my second Ford GT40 from that or my Tom's Supra. Can't really remember.
laugh.gif
Bringing back Complex String would be epic. That track is nuts!
eek.gif
Someone please post a pic of the track. Posting from my iPhone.
laugh.gif

i played this game over the weekend and remember how much i love it. im just really stuck in the career mode because im pretty much done everything except for extreme and STILL dont have a car to deal with these wide bodied-sticker wearing beasts in the GT All Stars race
laugh.gif

the steering wheel is still great.

i picked up Shift 2 a couple of weeks ago but i hated how the cars felt like paper weights. definitely cant touch GT5

i played this game over the weekend and remember how much i love it. im just really stuck in the career mode because im pretty much done everything except for extreme and STILL dont have a car to deal with these wide bodied-sticker wearing beasts in the GT All Stars race
laugh.gif

the steering wheel is still great.

i picked up Shift 2 a couple of weeks ago but i hated how the cars felt like paper weights. definitely cant touch GT5

^just add me up on PSN if you need to borrow any cars. I'll help you out.
smile.gif

Thanks, Sinner for the posting the track and the video. I appreciate it.
pimp.gif
Those 90-degree corners are just ridiculous.
eek.gif

smile.gif

pimp.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

smile.gif

pimp.gif
eek.gif
thank you sir

my psn is isnipeforfood (word to halo
embarassed.gif
). gotta remember to launch the ps3 tonight

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

smile.gif

pimp.gif
eek.gif
thank you sir

my psn is isnipeforfood (word to halo
embarassed.gif
). gotta remember to launch the ps3 tonight

Back
Top Bottom