Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Yeah but he'd still be sitting out a year, he's got something going right now and you simply can't keep a player like that off the field no matter what

wait i think hes a sophmore, still, if he left he'd have 3 yrs to play 2.

IMO it would be in Michigans best interest to sell him on staying and getting to the league by playing WR/KR

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

IMO it would be in Michigans best interest to sell him on staying and getting to the league by playing WR/KR

I think it'd be in his best interests as well.

The team meets Hoke for the first time today. Hopefully he can leave a good first impression.
EDIT

2q2nu3o.jpg

nerd.gif

That's why I brought up Dexter McCluster....Robinson, for as good as he is...has to know that his future in the NFL isn't at QB.  He needs to be on the field.  Period.  Having various formations where he can come out of the backfield, line up as WR, QB, etc...would help his stock immensely.  Plus getting the reps now would only benefit him down the road. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

That's why I brought up Dexter McCluster....Robinson, for as good as he is...has to know that his future in the NFL isn't at QB.  He needs to be on the field.  Period.  Having various formations where he can come out of the backfield, line up as WR, QB, etc...would help his stock immensely.  Plus getting the reps now would only benefit him down the road. 

This. If his ego can just take a backseat for a minute to let him realize whats better for his future than this would be the way to go. He can be even better in a Harvin/Dexter role. Imagine him in a scatback role with Gardner running that offense?
sick.gif

(It's the RoOkie btw
tongue.gif
)

Yeah, Denard has an ego that he needs to check.... couldn't be farther from the truth. Kid is as classy as they come.

I would take that comment after the Gator Bowl with a huge grain of salt. He just got beat to hell trying to do everything for that offense and his coach was sitting on the sideline with a crappy attitude. Actually saw Denard look mad when talking to RR.

It is 1 day into the new regime and it is real dumb to have everybody talking on the Michigan sites like the kid is already out the door. He might leave but I have a hard time seeing Hoke take the ball from his best playmaker and give it to a kid that didn't play a meaningful snap all year. I doubt he lets Denard walk out that door without doing everything in his power to keep him. Hope he doesn't let the kid ONLY talk to a defensive coach if they want a release and not grant that kid a meeting with him, like our last head coach did.

Like the pictures of Hoke with the team already. A good one is out there with the whole team laughing while he was addressing them.

[h1]
[h1]Clowney visit plans scrambled again[/h1]By Phil Kornblut

DE Jadeveon Clowney of South Pointe does not have a clear visit schedule set after this weekend’s visit to Alabama. According to his coach Bobby Carroll, the January 21st visit to Florida State is no longer definite, and Clowney has not set a visit for January 28th. Clowney has visited USC. Carroll said he’s been called in recent days by Florida head coach Will Muschamp, new Clemson defensive ends coach Marion Hobby and by North Carolina’s new defensive line coach all hoping to get in the running for a visit. USC’s Ellis Johnson also has talked with Carroll. No more in home visits with head coaches have been set up. USC’s Steve Spurrier and Alabama’s Nick Saban have taken their in home visits. Clowney’s mother will join him on the visit to Alabama. His coach is not sure yet if he’ll make the trip. Clowney was in New York last weekend for a photo shoot for ESPN.
[/h1]

Good to see that we're making an effort to get him to visit, but I highly highly doubt it happens. He's USCe or Bama all the way depending on who has the deepest pockets.
laugh.gif

Miami 01
FSU 99
USC 04
Tenn 98
Tex 05
OU 00
LSU 03
O$U 02
Aub 10
Bama 09
UF 09
UF 06
LSU 08

I had the same list with USC at #2, and Auburn and UF 09 ahead of O$U, but the nation's voting looks NOTHING like that
laugh.gif
  i wonder what teams some of these people were watching

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Yeah, Denard has an ego that he needs to check.... couldn't be farther from the truth. Kid is as classy as they come.

I would take that comment after the Gator Bowl with a huge grain of salt. He just got beat to hell trying to do everything for that offense and his coach was sitting on the sideline with a crappy attitude. Actually saw Denard look mad when talking to RR.

It is 1 day into the new regime and it is real dumb to have everybody talking on the Michigan sites like the kid is already out the door. He might leave but I have a hard time seeing Hoke take the ball from his best playmaker and give it to a kid that didn't play a meaningful snap all year. I doubt he lets Denard walk out that door without doing everything in his power to keep him. Hope he doesn't let the kid ONLY talk to a defensive coach if they want a release and not grant that kid a meeting with him, like our last head coach did.

Like the pictures of Hoke with the team already. A good one is out there with the whole team laughing while he was addressing them.
I wasn't saying his "Ego" in a bad way though. People have already said that he WANTS to play QB and he believes he can lead a team better than the next person. Which is a great thing to have the ability to believe in yourself and he showed it for a good part of the season.

I was just saying it would be better for HIM to let UM utilize him in that McCluster role and put him at Wildcat, WR, PR, Scatback & even running back at times.

Dude would tear up the field all over that way.

My bad if what i said about his "ego" made it seem bad, because I do think he's a classy young man.

Man I'm excited to see what the Big Guy Hoke has in store for UM.

IMO 99 FSU is way underrated.

they had a 2 yr run that was Insane.

98, if QB doesnt get hurt they put up a better fight vs Vols in title game

Jeff Fuller got his paperwork back.. Not in the top 2 rounds, likely back to TAMU..

Jeff Fuller got his draft paperwork back and was told he wasn't a first day pick.

Looking like he'll be back for next season
pimp.gif

And Oklahoma State has called a press conference for 1:30 CST. Not sure what it's about...

Back
Top Bottom