Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Now Dave Brandon has said that Hoke was plan A all along and that JH and LM were never offered. Hiring Hoke doesn't bothers me, but hearing this does. Idc what you say, theres no way you can convince me Brandon is worth a +%+*.

30t6p3b.gif

Ya'll are no mercy on my boy Darron

Don't act like you've never gone deep up the nose for something
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Now Dave Brandon has said that Hoke was plan A all along and that JH and LM were never offered. Hiring Hoke doesn't bothers me, but hearing this does. Idc what you say, theres no way you can convince me Brandon is worth a +%+*.

Oh well. He will have his time to prove his worth. Dude is a businessman. He talks. He can say whatever he wants and he doesn't really care who believes him. Thats the perks of the job.

If he can say whatever he wants and knew BH was his guy all along why didn't he use his fancy talking skills to explain that BH is who they are gonna hire and get him right away instead of making this search into a circus like the last one?

Originally Posted by i am toddzo

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

TCU. Talk about a team that took advantage of the MWC.
Hell, at least TCU dominates at weak conference. A&M couldnt even do that. Last time I checked TCU beat a top 10 team in their bowl game while the Aggies got their #%% handed to them. Dont you losers have yell practice or something?

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Oh well. He will have his time to prove his worth. Dude is a businessman. He talks. He can say whatever he wants and he doesn't really care who believes him. Thats the perks of the job.

If he can say whatever he wants and knew BH was his guy all along why didn't he use his fancy talking skills to explain that BH is who they are gonna hire and get him right away instead of making this search into a circus like the last one?
I don't know. I was just saying he can say what he wants and really doesn't have to answer questions. Let the product on the field do the talking. It doesn't bother me either way as long as Michigan has a coach that is going to bring W's.
Hearing Al Borges will be the OC at Michigan

The recruiting class is not that big of a deal to me. Not too many stars that were pounding on the door asking to come in. Hart was gone when RR was gone. Same with Crawford and then when Miami called it was a lock. Lyons had picked Stanford without them having a coach so it wasn't the selling point. Frost might still be in play so we have to wait that out. I wonder what Zettell does now that Hoke is here and the HC is stable? Plus, Hoke is a good DL coach. I think we might look for a switch. 

So 4 kids that we may have missed out on that would be considered great gets and only 2 that may have stayed on with a coach being named sooner. The current recruits talk does not seem to be a big deal to me. 

Loeffler being the QB coach will be interesting if it happens. See what Lace does. Borges offense needs an accurate passer with mobility. Hopefully Lace gets the accuracy part cleaned up. 

Trash Forcier failed out of Michigan?????

I'm just gonna edit that before someone gets upset and reports me again.

It must be nice playing the 80th toughest schedule.

I would not mind seeing Vance Bedford and Chuck Heater added to this staff. Also, bring back Soup Campbell and hire Tyrone Wheatley as a RB coach.

Hell, at least TCU dominates at weak conference. A&M couldnt even do that. Last time I checked TCU beat a top 10 team in their bowl game while the Aggies got their #%% handed to them. Dont you losers have yell practice or something?
Good lord you're annoyingly ridiculous sometimes...

A&M has a lot of talent... Just not enough depth to play with someone like LSU yet. Three losses came to Top 20 teams with a quarterback that had no business being on the field, two of which were close games they could have easily won... They beat Oklahoma's head in, and Oklahoma is every bit as good as the best team TCU played this year. They beat a good Nebraska team in an absolute slug fest... They played one of the toughest schedules in the country this year, so you can dead the weak conference nonsense... Pure stupidity, but that's nothing new in regards to your constant need to legitimize TCU and defend them for whatever reason.

That's a legitimate Top 25 team this year that returns like 19 starters, a lot of freshmen and sophomore contributors and has some guys coming in that will immediately plug holes at NT and safety.. Coming crashing down? On paper right now, they'll probably be favored in every game they play except Oklahoma and Arkansas next year.

Dooley is interviewing Moffit from LSU tomorrow.

hopefully we steal him from LSU.

we need to find a great repleacement for Wiley

Not even trying to take sides in this but was tailor made for A&M to win the Big 12 this year. They flat out gave away the Okie State game and didn't even show up at home to Mizzou. All their tough games were home and UT was in a major down year. As in 2006, you can't expect the chips to fall that way every year.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Not even trying to take sides in this but was tailor made for A&M to win the Big 12 this year. They flat out gave away the Okie State game and didn't even show up at home to Mizzou. All their tough games were home and UT was in a major down year. As in 2006, you can't expect the chips to fall that way every year.
In the 6 games he started, Ryan Tannehill was better than Jerrod Johnson was at any point in his tenure as the starter... He blew up off that Texas game last year, but before and after that was terrible in every big game he ever played in...

Tannehill isn't going to implode like Jerrod. No shoulder surgery, he's not a risk taker, 4 starters on the OL back... Did anybody actually think they'd win the Big XII this year? They finished exactly where everybody thought they would and turned a corner by actually winning a couple of big games against good football teams.

Oklahoma State and Missouri are back in CS. Texas and Baylor in College Station. Oklahoma is the only tough road game next year. They're much better set up for next year, IMO.

And I agree, still doesn't change that they gave away 2 conference games with 1 being at home, regardless of who was playing QB.

Big 12 is gonna be way tougher next year than it was this year.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Good lord you're annoyingly ridiculous sometimes...
Then why are you replying? I didnt ask for your opinion on my thoughts.

A&M has a lot of talent... Just not enough depth to play with someone like LSU yet.

Exactly. Which is why I am amazed people have them in their preseason top 10. They aren't a top 10 team.

They played one of the toughest schedules in the country this year, so you can dead the weak conference nonsense... Pure stupidity, but that's nothing new in regards to your constant need to legitimize TCU and defend them for whatever reason.

So this was a good year for the Big XII? I said A&M took advantage of the Big XII in a down year. You disagree with that? Im assuming you do since you got your panties in a bunch.

My exact quote:

Texas A&M. Talk about a team that took advantage of the Big XII in a down year. They will fall back to reality next season.

That's a legitimate Top 25 team this year that returns like 19 starters, a lot of freshmen and sophomore contributors and has some guys coming in that will immediately plug holes at NT and safety.. Coming crashing down? On paper right now, they'll probably be favored in every game they play except Oklahoma and Arkansas next year.
I dont care if you are favored. Go win games, thats all that matters. Like I said, you will be back to reality next season just like you were after the Cotton Bowl.

Saban is stealing our OL coach Stoutland.
30t6p3b.gif

Big loss. He and Barrow were the only two coaches I really wanted to stay on after Shannon was fired.
tired.gif

laugh.gif

The good ol' "I didn't ask for your opinion" on a public message board line...

In that case, who the hell asked for your opinion on TAMU? Kinda goes both ways, no?

Originally Posted by Statis22

Big 12 is gonna be way tougher next year than it was this year.

You think so? Cuz I'm not sure I agree... Who is getting better?

This is hardly the first time a major football program had to settle for its third- (or possibly fourth- or fifth-) choice, and history shows it often works out just fine. Former USC AD Mike Garrett never originally planned to even contact Pete Carroll. Former Ohio State AD Andy Geiger interviewed a whole slew of more high-profile candidates before settling on a little-known I-AA coach named Jim Tressel.
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../01/11/michigan-hoke/index.html#ixzz1AnB5ls7y

*Prays Hoke turns out like those 2*

Back
Top Bottom