Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

so michgan could lose all 3 QBs?
I'm pretty sure Devin will stay. He said he's fine with playing a pro style offense, plus he's gonna get that redshirt, so he still has 4 years.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

A&M has a lot of talent... Just not enough depth to play with someone like LSU yet.
Exactly. Which is why I am amazed people have them in their preseason top 10. They aren't a top 10 team.

They played one of the toughest schedules in the country this year, so you can dead the weak conference nonsense... Pure stupidity, but that's nothing new in regards to your constant need to legitimize TCU and defend them for whatever reason.
So this was a good year for the Big XII? I said A&M took advantage of the Big XII in a down year. You disagree with that? Im assuming you do since you got your panties in a bunch.

That's a legitimate Top 25 team this year that returns like 19 starters, a lot of freshmen and sophomore contributors and has some guys coming in that will immediately plug holes at NT and safety.. Coming crashing down? On paper right now, they'll probably be favored in every game they play except Oklahoma and Arkansas next year.
I dont care if you are favored. Go win games, thats all that matters. Like I said, you will be back to reality next season just like you were after the Cotton Bowl.
1) Texas A&M isn't a Top 10 team this year. Nobody said they were. You don't think they're going to be better next year? Preseason rankings that will come out 8 months from now are not entirely based on what we saw this year. And if you want to be one of those clowns that runs with a perception based on a bowl game, fine. LSU was clearly over A&M's head this year. They're a Top 5 team. A&M is a Top 20ish team. There's a difference, and it showed. That doesn't mean A&M is incapable of improving with a really young team and closing that gap in 2011.

2) Texas A&M played one of the toughest schedules in the country. I disagree with the notion they took advantage of a weak conference. They played 6 teams that finished the season in the Top 20 of the polls. They went 2-4 against those teams, three of the losses came with a dud quarterback. That's not a weak schedule. It's about as tough as you're gonna find anywhere in America. So the Big XII being down is a stupid arguing point.

3) Preseason rankings are BASED ON PAPER. Texas A&M, ON PAPER, will be favored in 10 of their 12 games going into next year. If a team ON PAPER looks every bit capable of winning 10 or 11 games, they're gonna get a boost in the rankings.
Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

You think so? Cuz I'm not sure I agree... Who is getting better?
Oklahoma
OK. And then who? Oklahoma State if (when?) Blackmon declares and they lose half their defense and their whole offensive line? Missouri replacing a Round 1 quarterback and the best pass rusher they've ever had? Nebra.. Whoops, they're gone. Texas? Won't be as bad as this year, but they're still not as good as A&M going into next year. Who else?

Originally Posted by Statis22

Big 12 is gonna be way tougher next year than it was this year.

You think so? Cuz I'm not sure I agree... Who is getting better?
Oklahoma is probably preseason top 3
Okie State is probably preseason top 10
Missouri is probably preseason top 20
Can't expect UT to have another season like last year. (although it would be funny if they did
laugh.gif
) Probably preseason top 25
Baylor still has Griffin
And they go on the road to KState, IState, and Tech.

Yea I can safely say on paper the Big 12-2 will be better in '11 than '10

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif
my bad Nako...didn't even go back to look.

But seriously...what do you all make of this? REALLY bad look for Auburn. Really bad....

It's definitely shady, and not a good look for the athletic director or the team because they told a bold faced lie, but honestly if I was Cam Newton I'd tell everyone to go *@@! themselves.  At the end of the day allegedly no violations were committed and i'm playing in the biggest and probably last game of my college career.  i'd want my dad there. 

It's clear that the school lied about it to keep the media of their/Cam's backs all month, though.  If I was ESPN i'd run with the story out of spite.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Oklahoma is probably preseason top 3
Okie State is probably preseason top 10
Missouri is probably preseason top 20
Can't expect UT to have another season like last year. (although it would be funny if they did
laugh.gif
) Probably preseason top 25
Baylor still has Griffin
And they go on the road to KState, IState, and Tech.

Yea I can safely say on paper the Big 12-2 will be better in '11 than '10
Oklahoma is better. Texas is probably better, but still not back where they want to be. Is Oklahoma State better? Is Missouri? Baylor sucks and will suck next year. I don't see it. Maybe it's marginally better, but I just don't see how it's significantly better...

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Stat, get on PS3 and play this bum %+! Louisville game and stop arguin on NT
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
NCAA 2012 Gunna. I'm comin for that @@!. I ain't forget all that %*!+ you were talking back in '08 shun.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Jim Leavitt gets $2.75M in settlement[/h1]

Associated Press

TAMPA, Fla. -- Former South Florida coach Jim Leavitt will receive $2.75 million in the settlement of a lawsuit he filed against the school after he was fired last January.

The school and Leavitt's attorney, Wil Florin, announced Tuesday night that Leavitt will receive $2 million for salary and benefits. The ex-coach will get an additional $750,000 as acknowledgment for contributions he made in building the Bulls from scratch into a "nationally respected" program.

Leavitt was dismissed a year ago after a school investigation concluded he grabbed one of his players by the throat during halftime of a game and slapped him in the face, then lied about it. He was the only head coach in the first 13 years of the program and had just completed the second season of a seven-year, $12.6 million contract.

Skip Holtz was hired as Leavitt's replacement.

If you dont think the winner of the Big XII having 2 losses, Nebraska having 2 losses, Texas Tech having 5 losses, and Texas having 6 losses is a down year for the Big XII then I don't  know what to tell you. 

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

so michgan could lose all 3 QBs?
I'm pretty sure Devin will stay. He said he's fine with playing a pro style offense, plus he's gonna get that redshirt, so he still has 4 years.

30t6p3b.gif

Just will have to wait and see what happens. I think Gardener has a lot of potential... but it feels like the whole Rich Rod era was a big joke.

This kid I saw on facebook said it best

"I don't mind Hoke as much as the fact that they waited this long to do it. Either fire RR and immediately bring in the new coach, fire RR and wait for the dream hire that you already have in the bag (Harbaugh, etc), or don't fire RR and give it one more year. Don't hire the guy who deploringly called the system all of your players/recruits were recruited for "basketball on grass" a month before signing day. Athletic director fail."

There's nothing more that I'd like to see than Michigan become contenders again, but I have a bad feeling it'll be awhile....

Its a wait and see with Robinson and Gardner. No reason to think that Denard won't get a fair shake at QB. I think a system that slows him down, with the amount of time he has, will help. He looked too antsy back there at times. He has a cannon just needs a good QB coach. Smith was good wit his O but too much was placed on throwing shorts screens and deep dombs. I really wonder how much film study they did.

I hope the attrition is low but who knows. I would imagine all the D players would stick just to get a new lease on playing. The O is going to be another story. Lots of guys built strong bonds with those coaches and I can see why. Offense was the only thing they preached. Not that anymore.

I dont know what Hoke's plans are, but he better try and keep Denard around. that guy needs 15-20 touches on Offense, whether its wildcat, reverse, fly sweeps, options or catching some roger/louie screens.

u cant teach those wheels

I missed out...is Denard Robinson talking about leaving? Do any of you think he could thrive in a Dexter McCluster type of role?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I missed out...is Denard Robinson talking about leaving? Do any of you think he could thrive in a Dexter McCluster type of role?
After the Gator Bowl at the presser, someone asked him if he was gonna be a Wolverine next year if RRod gets canned, said he didn't know. I just want the kid around period. He's smart, humble, personable and just wants to play football. We'll see what happens over the next few months, the way Denard improved as a QB from his freshmen to sophomore year was amazing, so like Newbs said there's a chance that he can still be our QB. Not holding my breath though.

Dre, if you want Mario Edwards, you're gonna have to wait a while
laugh.gif

He said he's not committing until one of the post-season All-American games.

Tough to see Robinson leaving this late into his career, has made a big name for himself thus far, why fall off the map?

Back
Top Bottom