Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by WhUtIzIt

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Colt is a beast! getting him away from Oregon is going to be a task

a couple people have told me that if Cal puts him at TE and not linebacker then he may flip.
He is announcing this weekend and he hasnt visited Cal. 
Quack.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

I'm sick of hearing about how Michigan needs a "Michigan Man" and that's why Rich Rod failed. I must have missed when Bo played at or attended Michigan before becoming the HC. They guy coached at Ohio State and everyone at Michigan still loves him.
The difference is that Bo actually won though. Sounds sad but fans could careless where you were before, as long as you win.

I'm sick of hearing about how Michigan needs a "Michigan Man" and that's why Rich Rod failed. I must have missed when Bo played at or attended Michigan before becoming the HC. They guy coached at Ohio State and everyone at Michigan still loves him.

How ironic will it be if/when Jim Harbaugh does not accept the job and Michigan gets spurned twice by "Michigan Men" in consecutive coaching searches? You think 3 years down the road when Hoke still hasn't beaten Ohio State and the fanbase is stilled pissed off that the notion of having a Michigan Man coach Michigan will finally die?

Originally Posted by EkinKlat

The difference is that Bo actually won though. Sounds sad but fans could careless where you were before, as long as you win.

That's exactly my point. People %%%$*+! on R-Rod because he wasn't a michigan man before he ever coached a game. If he would have won, it wouldn't be an issue. So why should it impact who people want as a coach if winning is all that matters? It makes no sense.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Colt is a beast! getting him away from Oregon is going to be a task
Joe Barry, who is turning into our top recruiter, has made up a lot of ground with him in the past couple weeks.  I still think he's Oregon, but I think it's a LOT closer than people think.
Jan 14th is shaping up to be big OV weekend:

Christian Westerman

Cyrus Hobbi 

Marcus Roberson

Marqise Lee

Erique Florence

Kent Turene

Lamar Dawson

Greg Townsend Jr. 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EkinKlat

That's exactly my point. People %%%$*+! on R-Rod because he wasn't a michigan man before he ever coached a game. If he would have won, it wouldn't be an issue. So why should it impact who people want as a coach if winning is all that matters? It makes no sense.

because michigan is an accredited institution with a lot of history and tradition.  the old heads that were there during the good times walk around with an ideal image of what the program should look like.  rich rod didn't fit that mold.  he was hired because they thought he could win, but from the start they knew he'd never win in the style that they wanted.  as long as those guys are alive and running things that won't change. truth be told, chances are without harbaugh or les miles michigan willl be doing this AGAIN in 2-4 years, just like notre dame probably will be.

^Could of sworn Holliman is at the Army All-American game, so how could Coach Al have an in-home with him in Texas??? Something ain't adding up...

Makes sense but my thing is the 'dead period' just ended, just don't think Coach Al would just not show up for an in-home and from my understanding he just met with our new DC and/or DB coach before he left for the the Army AA game...

No matter what, Coach Al and his boys need to get us some DB's BAD...we're incredibly thin at that position, with a former running back and quarterback among the two deep...really wondering what the heck Shannon was doing, apparently nothing
30t6p3b.gif

As much as I don't like RichRod, I think it was a dumb move to fire him unless you knew for sure you could get Harbaugh, Patterson, Petersen etc. Unless you already had something in place with one of those guys, you are better off just trying to fix the defense and keeping RichRod. Offense wasn't the problem; it makes no sense to start all over again and bring in a new system and set yourself back a few years again unless you are 10000% positive you will succeed with a proven guy.

You put Kirby Smart or Bud Foster at DC for that Michigan team the past 3 years and they would have been easily competing for Big 10 titles by now. They should have just tried to find a good DC.

Anyone got any info on the 4 current commits Miami has for the '12 class? Leggett, Brown, Johnson & Bailey?

I see Jimbo and Co. are already doing work on their '12 class with that Cashier commitment...

^ What you think he'll play at the next level, running back or corner? I've heard his better "long-term" position is corner...

I wonder what the smallest recruiting class ever was, I think Michigan is about to have that happen. The worst part about the presser today is that now on Jan 5 he is starting a national search. The only way we can salvage a somewhat decent class is if we pull something out of %!% and get a big name, that sadly enough the "Michigan Men" will hate and well repeat the process 3 years later. I wonder if there is a list of the so called Michigan Men, I would srsly go around and assassinate every single one of them.

Back
Top Bottom