Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by Nako XL

wait... UM is saying rich rod wasn't fired?
laugh.gif

yea they thought they could snatch Jim...apparently not
30t6p3b.gif
...you gotta have your ducks in a row before you make that move

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Les Miles fiasco part 2.

ESPN leading the way on both.

HUH?
   the news was broke by a TV station in Detroit and the Detroit free press. everybody is running the story off them.

Ron Franklin got the axe at ESPN.

ESPN announced Tuesday afternoon that veteran announcer Ron Franklin has been terminated by the company.

ESPN released the following short statement on Franklin’s firing: “Based on what occurred last Friday, we have ended our relationship with him.

[h3]Paterno not granting release to Rob Bolden[/h3]

Quarterback Rob Bolden wants to leave Penn State.

Joe Paterno isn't making it easy.

Bolden's parents told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that Paterno hasn't granted Bolden's release from Penn State despite a request to do so. The odd part is that Bolden's father wants his son to move on, while Bolden's mom wants him to remain in Happy Valley.
"I didn't want Rob to leave," Bolden's mom, Tonia Williams, told the newspaper. "I think he should stay there. I just told him that I thought he was making the wrong decision. I really felt that he moved just a little bit too quick and too fast. I don't know what's going to happen now. He tried to get them to sign his release papers and they didn't do it."

Yikes. This is getting messy.

I never like it when schools don't grant players their releases. If a guy no longer wants to be part of the program, he shouldn't have to. I'm sure Paterno wants to talk more with Bolden and prevent a rash decision after the bowl game, in which Bolden didn't play despite starting quarterback Matt McGloin throwing five interceptions.

It will be interesting to see where this goes, but if Bolden is committed to playing elsewhere, Paterno should grant his wish.

[h3]Paterno not granting release to Rob Bolden[/h3]

Quarterback Rob Bolden wants to leave Penn State.

Joe Paterno isn't making it easy.

Bolden's parents told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that Paterno hasn't granted Bolden's release from Penn State despite a request to do so. The odd part is that Bolden's father wants his son to move on, while Bolden's mom wants him to remain in Happy Valley.
"I didn't want Rob to leave," Bolden's mom, Tonia Williams, told the newspaper. "I think he should stay there. I just told him that I thought he was making the wrong decision. I really felt that he moved just a little bit too quick and too fast. I don't know what's going to happen now. He tried to get them to sign his release papers and they didn't do it."

Yikes. This is getting messy.

I never like it when schools don't grant players their releases. If a guy no longer wants to be part of the program, he shouldn't have to. I'm sure Paterno wants to talk more with Bolden and prevent a rash decision after the bowl game, in which Bolden didn't play despite starting quarterback Matt McGloin throwing five interceptions.

It will be interesting to see where this goes, but if Bolden is committed to playing elsewhere, Paterno should grant his wish.

i mean why not grant his release? if he wants to leave, then let him go...especially since you buried him on the bench...McGloin looked turrable in the bowl game and my son didn't even get a chance to warm-up
30t6p3b.gif
....Let him go Joe...

[h3]"My God, These Are the Longest Games Ever"[/h3]
Posted Tuesday, January 04, 2011 3:27 PM | By Andrew Bouvé
When you watch a live broadcast on ESPN3.com—the online streaming complement to the sports network—you can sense the moment when the cable TV feed has gone to commercial and you're seeing (and hearing) footage you normally wouldn't. At the very end of last night's Orange Bowl, ESPN3 ran 20 seconds of slow-motion footage of Stanford's Jeremy Stewart running to glory over triumphant, about-to-go-to-commercial orchestral music. The announcers—color guys Ron Jaworski and Jon Gruden and play-by-play man Mike Tirico—were silent.

Stewart continued his slow sprint as I minimized the ESPN3 window on my laptop and checked my email. As the cable feed was still safely in commercial, I suddenly heard the commentators complain about the length of the game.

Here's the full transcript of their exchange:

(?): "You owe me dinner, bro."
Tirico: "Yep, no problem."
(coughing)
Gruden: "Go ahead Jaws, have another lozenge."
Jaworski (celebratory): "God dang, I made it!"
Gruden: "My God, these are the longest games ever."
Jaworski: "Holy cow."
Tirico: "Wait ‘til Monday."

Tirico is referring to Monday night's BCS national championship between Auburn and Oregon, a game that ESPN has been promoting as an exciting match-up of two explosive offenses—probably a better pitch than "Tune in for a four-hour slog that will last until Tuesday morning."

After the game, I searched "you owe me dinner bro" on Twitter to see if others had picked up on the gaffe. One guy attempted to initiate the hashtag #ESPN3FAIL, but it has yet to take off.

watching this game, how do people argue Mallet doesn't the best arm in this upcoming draft class?

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

You must've been sleeping last night.

you think Luck has a better arm than Mallett? (he's partially who i was referring to)
Oh, didn't know you were looking at candidates for the Kyle Boller/JaMarcus Russell Award...carry on.

strong arm =/= better arm

You must've been sleeping last night.

you think Luck has a better arm than Mallett? (he's partially who i was referring to)
Oh, didn't know you were looking at candidates for the Kyle Boller/JaMarcus Russell Award...carry on.

strong arm =/= better arm

I've only seen like 4 or 5 Arkansas games this year but Mallett always impresses me with the throws he makes.  Luck is awesome but the only time he ever had me like whoa
eek.gif
sick.gif
after a pass was against sc
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

his arm is bigger than luck's, but it damn sure isnt as accurate...i'll take accuracy over strength

Arm strength is the single most overrated attribute in football.

Originally Posted by jville819

Anyone have a list of who's committing tomorrow at the UA game?

Devon Blackmon (Fontana, Calif./Summit)
Ht.: 6-0 | Wt.: 180 | ESPNU 150: 39 | WR rank: 4 | Stars: 4
Considering: Oregon, UCLA and USC

Quan Bray (LaGrange, Ga./Troup County)
Ht.: 5-11 | Wt.: 180 | ESPNU 150: 23 | ATH rank: 2 | Stars: 4
Considering: Auburn, Alabama, Florida and Georgia

Xzavier Dickson (Griffin, Ga./Griffin)
Ht.: 6-4 | Wt.: 242 | ESPNU 150: 22 | DE rank: 5 | Stars: 4
Considering: Alabama and Georgia

Jabari Gorman (Miami, Fla./Monsignor Pace)
Ht.: 6-0 | Wt.: 180 | ESPNU 150: 85 | S rank: 8 | Stars: 4
Considering: Florida, Miami and Ohio State

Doran Grant (Akron, Ohio/Saints Vincent and Mary)
Ht.: 5-11 | Wt.: 177 | ESPNU 150: 66 | CB rank: 3 | Stars: 4
Considering: Michigan State, Ohio State

Marcus Jackson (Vero Beach, Fla., Vero Beach)
Ht.: 6-2 | Wt.: 295 | ESPNU 150: 87 | OG rank: 6 | Stars: 4
Considering: Miami, Michigan State and Tennessee

Robenson Therezie (Miami, Fla./Jackson)
Ht.: 5-10 | Wt.: 190 | ESPNU 150: NR | WR rank: 11 | Stars: 4
Considering: Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Miami and Florida State
Greg Townsend Jr. (Beverly Hills, Calif./Beverly Hills)
Ht.: 6-3 | Wt.: 260 | ESPNU 150: 102 | DE rank: 11 | Stars: 4
Considering: USC and TCU

Newsome is staying from what it looks and

Joepa denies Bolden's transfer request
30t6p3b.gif
not a good look.

and this clown McGloin supposedly said "That's too bad. Rob was a good back up to have"

$!#% this $!%% i hate rooting against someone on my own team but i hope some slams him

Back
Top Bottom