Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

btw Va Tech might have the worst Linebackers Ive ever seen Geeeez
Well we were starting Jack Tyler, a redshirt freshman walk on at the backer spot; but the guy he was replacing (Lyndell Gibson) was even worse
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Gouveia-Winslow is a bum at whip too.
The funniest part is some fans on VT boards literally said, "Who needs Travis Hughes or Curtis Grant...we will take our Jack Tyler's and call it a day." Reaaallly? You'd rather take the slow white walk on than the 3rd ranked prospect in the country?
laugh.gif
Fools. 

laugh.gif
They have one bad year and they're trying to completely overhaul their identity...

A 3-4 defense? They want Paul Chryst to bring that power running, Wisconsin style offense? Come on, Mack.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Rich Rodriguez Fired as Michigan's Head Football Coach[/h1]
Sources tell Fox 2 that Rich Rodriguez was fired as head coach of the University of Michigan football team Tuesday.

The decision came just three days after his team suffered the worst bowl loss in school history, a 52-14 trouncing at the hands of Mississippi State in the Gator Bowl.

Rodriguez was 15-22 during three seasons in Ann Arbor. He lost a school-record nine games in his debut with the Wolverines two years ago, was 5-7 after starting 4-0 last season and turned a 5-0 start into a 7-5 finish this fall.

The Wolverines were also 1-10 against ranked teams and were 0-3 against rivals Michigan State, Ohio State and Wisconsin during Rodriguezs tenure.

Athletic Director David Brandon would not immediately name a replacement.

Rumors have swirled that Stanford's Jim Harbaugh, a former Wolverine quarterback, and San Diego States Brady Hoke, a former U-M coach, are on the list of possible candidates.
Reports Tuesday said Harbaughs return to Michigan, however, is highly unlikely. He is reportedly deciding on staying at Stanford or pursuing a heading coaching position in the NFL.

Kansas Co-OC/WR coach Darrell Wyatt took the WR position at Texas.

It's strange to me that Texas is hiring all of the position coaches before getting coordinators in place.

I think Diaz would be a good hire for the Longhorns. They have quite a few playmakers on D to make that blitzing defense work.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
They have one bad year and they're trying to completely overhaul their identity...

A 3-4 defense? They want Paul Chryst to bring that power running, Wisconsin style offense? Come on, Mack.
I don't understand why they ever went away from their old offense in the first place. You've got Gilbert, one of the most prolific HS QBs in Texas history, who dominated while running the spread...so you take him and put him in a pro-style offense...? It didn't really help that they were still working with an OL built for the spread, though. If Mack still wants to go pro-style, at least he has his sights set on someone that runs a more pro-style offense.

They're going with a pretty young staff, too. I guess they're wanting to get some more energy back in the staff.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Our top 3 corners gone.
tired.gif
That #2 pass defense is dunzo.

If I'm Golden i'd be calling Latwaan and begging him to stay. Either way we're screwed.
Glad our recruiting was on point with Shannon this year....

Originally Posted by PMatic

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Rich Rodriguez Fired as Michigan's Head Football Coach[/h1]
Sources tell Fox 2 that Rich Rodriguez was fired as head coach of the University of Michigan football team Tuesday.

The decision came just three days after his team suffered the worst bowl loss in school history, a 52-14 trouncing at the hands of Mississippi State in the Gator Bowl.

Rodriguez was 15-22 during three seasons in Ann Arbor. He lost a school-record nine games in his debut with the Wolverines two years ago, was 5-7 after starting 4-0 last season and turned a 5-0 start into a 7-5 finish this fall.

The Wolverines were also 1-10 against ranked teams and were 0-3 against rivals Michigan State, Ohio State and Wisconsin during Rodriguezs tenure.

Athletic Director David Brandon would not immediately name a replacement.

Rumors have swirled that Stanford's Jim Harbaugh, a former Wolverine quarterback, and San Diego States Brady Hoke, a former U-M coach, are on the list of possible candidates.
Reports Tuesday said Harbaughs return to Michigan, however, is highly unlikely. He is reportedly deciding on staying at Stanford or pursuing a heading coaching position in the NFL.

I have mixed feelings on this...

Nick Saban will be meeting w/ 2012 OLB/DE Chris Casher out of Mobile, Ala. tonight. Battle between Bama and FSU. He announces tomorrow. Plans to get his decision out of the way so that he can shut down his recruiting and focus on the classroom for the next year. His grades are in question and he doesn't want to have to go the Juco route. Once 2012 rankings come out, he should be a 4* on all the major services.

Should be Tally bound thanks to Coach Craig
pimp.gif

Next Step is to steal Eddie Williams back. +*%* you Saban.

Manny Diaz is a straight beast. He's one of the main reasons I wanted Mullen at Miami because he would've brought Diaz.
Originally Posted by dreClark

111_normal.jpg

lnix67
lOUIS NIX III

Thanks for the exciting game University of Coral gables. R.I.P to the U because they died in 2001.

Dude is just salty Randy retracted his offer. Which was stupid on Randy's part anyway.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

if you cant land harbaugh, patterson, or even les miles... why would u fire rr now
ohwell.gif
Writing was on the wall, and RR never really endeared himself to anyone at UM.

He was a bad hire from the start since he runs a different system, add the seperation from WVU controversy, and instantly coming under the scope of the NCAA for practice violations.  On top of that you have probably the worst stretch in Michigan football history, this year gets off to a good start until they started playing good teams, with the cherry on top being the %%% whooping in a nationally televised bowl game.  How Michigan got a prime time slot is beyond me, serves them well though, they got embarrassed on national television.

At this point, it is not a good move to let RR go, however there is also no point in keeping RR.  It was time to tear the house down, and start all over.  Even if they bring in Harbaugh there will be one or two more lean years while he overhauls the system.  It's a mess, and it was handled poorly by UM.  They need a big name to keep the UM faithful happy and buy some patience.  A return to prominence is not going to happen overnight.

Wouldn't surprise me to see UM go after an ex-NFL coach.

It took Rich Rod a couple years to transition to a spread and get his players in place. Now it's going to take the new coach a couple years to transition once again if they hire a coach who doesn't run the Spread Option. It's gonna take a year or two for UM to bring in and develop some depth on D too.

That's why big name schools should be cautious when hiring coaches who run completely different offensive systems from the previous coach. It takes awhile to transition and if it doesn't work out then you're even more F'd because you'll have to transition again when you bring in the next coach.

roll.gif
at that rant Lou Holtz just went on.

Reece Davis and Mark May looking at him like 
90ap8h.png
  til he got to his point.  

Originally Posted by after h0urs

DeAnthony Thomas is looking REAL good at Army AA practices.  Got shutdown CB written all over him 
smokin.gif

did he chill on that "i want to play RB" talk now?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

DeAnthony Thomas is looking REAL good at Army AA practices.  Got shutdown CB written all over him 
smokin.gif

Let em play both 
pimp.gif
He will play corner.  Can he play both? definitely, but we have plenty of talent at RB: Baxter, Tyler and Morgan and we are very thing at DB.  It will be a no brainer.

Throwing him out on offense (occasionally) will be
smokin.gif

Rich Rod's not done yet...

The Staff of TheWolverine.com

Reports that Rich Rodriguez has been fired are premature. TheWolverine.com has learned that no decision on the Michigan head coach's future will come until tomorrow.

The players' meeting that had been scheduled for tonight at 7:00 p.m. has been delayed until tomorrow at 4:00.

Watch TheWolverine.com for more on this development in the hours to come...

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

smokin.gif

Let em play both 
pimp.gif
He will play corner.  Can he play both? definitely, but we have plenty of talent at RB: Baxter, Tyler and Morgan and we are very thing at DB.  It will be a no brainer.

Throwing him out on offense (occasionally) will be
smokin.gif
Baxter, Tyler, and Morgan can't bring the same gamebreaking ability as Black Mamba.  Morgan pre-ACL surgery maybe but not post-surgery.
I'm hoping for Tyler and Moody McNeal rotation next year with Mamba getting handful of carries per game
smokin.gif

Baxter, Tyler, and Morgan can't bring the same gamebreaking ability as Black Mamba.  Morgan pre-ACL surgery maybe but not post-surgery.
I'm hoping for Tyler and Moody McNeal rotation next year with Mamba getting handful of carries per game
smokin.gif
Weren't we saying the same about Baxter last year?

I think Thomas' corner skills trump his value as a RB at the next level.  He can truly become a shutdown corner.

Personally I would rather have a Tyler/Baxter backfield, with occasional carries for DJ.  I don't see McNeal being on the team next year, he's having a lot of trouble keeping up academically,
ohwell.gif

it should be Harbaugh or bust...cause UM aint payin Les' buyout...but obviously they don't want RR there...
ohwell.gif
pretty sure that defense wouldnt be much better even if they cleaned house on the defensive coaching staff...Hoke it is

Back
Top Bottom