Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by PoloLax

Can you enlighten me on Leech's baggage aside from the incident with the players at Tech? Is there anymore to the story? I've kind of forgotten about it, haha.

Also in terms of offense we know UConn was pitiful this season and in years past. Addazio seems like a coach who can build around what he has where Leech is spread offense to the max. With UConn's recruiting and it's lack of wide out options I don't think he would be able to do all that much for a long, long time, in Storrs atleast.  
all straight from Wiki, rather lengthy though, but tells all of his run ins. During his post-game press conference after the 2007 game against Texas, Leach used most of his time to rail against the officiating crew for what he felt were bad calls.[sup][15][/sup][sup][16][/sup] He speculated that the officials may have favored Texas because the head official lives in Austin, because they are incompetent, or possibly because the conference wants Texas to appear in a BCS bowl because of the increased appearance fees that such a bowl generates for the conference.[sup][17][/sup][sup][18][/sup] Jim Vertuno of the Associated Press wrote "Leach was upset officials disallowed two Tech touchdowns in the third quarter. The first was overruled when video replay clearly showed the receiver let the ball hit the ground. On the next play, a touchdown pass was negated by a holding penalty. Leach also wanted, but didn't get, a flag for roughing the quarterback."[sup][18][/sup][sup][19][/sup] The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal reported, "Big 12 policy prohibits coaches from commenting publicly about game officials, so Leach's actions leave him open to reprimand, fine or worse."[sup][16][/sup] ESPN reported, "Big 12 official spokesman Bob Burda did not immediately respond to telephone messages seeking comment. Leach's rant will likely draw a fine from the league and possibly a suspension."[sup][20][/sup]

On November 13, 2007, the Big 12 fined Leach $10,000, the largest fine in Big 12 history.[sup][21][/sup] Leach also received a reprimand and was warned that further violations could result in suspension.[sup][22][/sup] In a Big 12 coaches' conference call that day, Leach added that he does not regret making any of the comments.[sup][23][/sup] Leach announced that he would appeal the fine.[sup][24][/sup]Tech alumni and fans began raising money to aid Leach in paying the penalty in the event that it was upheld. Optionally, the proceeds raised could be used charitably.[sup][25][/sup] So, just before Christmas 2007, Leach requested that the nearly $5,000 raised to that point be spent on 400 hams to be given free to families in Lubbock, Texas. Future donations were to go to the university or athletic department.[sup][26][/sup] Following the 2008 Gator Bowl, in which Virginia scored twice on penalties against Tech for intentional grounding in the end zone, Leach joked, "I felt like we had a back there on the one safety, but I don't comment on officiating. I just give out hams is what I do."

On December 28, 2009, Leach was suspended indefinitely by Texas Tech pending investigation of alleged inappropriate treatment of Adam James, son of former SMU and New England Patriots running back (and current ESPN college football analyst) Craig James. On December 16, James suffered a concussion. He was examined the next day, and told not to practice that afternoon due to the concussion. According to a James family source, Leach ordered him to stand in a darkened garage near the Raiders' practice facility. According to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, school officials claim they gave Leach an ultimatum to apologize to James in writing by December 28 or Leach would be suspended. His attorney, Ted Liggett, disputed the characterization of events as reported by the university and other news sources, and said that James had been treated reasonably in light of his condition.[sup][50][/sup]

Leach immediately sought an injunction that would allow him to coach in the 2010 Alamo Bowl. However, on December 30, Texas Tech fired Leach, calling his refusal to apologize to James "a defiant act of insubordination." This was the day before Leach was reportedly owed an $800,000 tenure bonus and over $1,700,000 for contractual guaranteed income for 2009.[sup][51][/sup] Texas Tech lawyers handed a termination letter to Liggett just minutes before the two sides were to appear in a Lubbock courtroom for a hearing. Liggett was also told that Leach would not be allowed to coach in the Alamo Bowl regardless of how the hearing turned out. School officials later said that other incidents had come to light during its investigation of Leach, but declined to elaborate. Defensive coordinator Ruffin McNeill was named interim head coach and led the team during their appearance in the Alamo Bowl.

On December 31, Leach spoke with The New York Times in his first interview since being fired from Texas Tech. He said that he did not know where James had been taken, having only ordered him taken "out of the light." He claimed the controversy stemmed from Craig James' constant lobbying for more playing time for his son, whom he characterized as lazy and entitled.[sup][54][/sup]

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Going to the Wu-Tang show, so I am going to miss the game tonight. Think Va. Tech pulls it out.
Not to thread jack but let us know how the show is, I'm going on the 6th when they come to my city.

Lol Dee told one of Michigan's Scout guys that he's still committed to Michigan but is going to announce at the game Saturday.  I guess he's having fun w/ this or maybe he'll surprise us.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by AirMaxBuckeye

Rob Bolden transferring from Penn State.

Damn
laugh.gif
So between him and Newsome leaving, who else do they have at QB now besides the walk on? 

Paul Jones but i kinda want him to leave...but good for Bolden he deserves better. how JoePa and and his son Jay stuck w/ McDooDoo i have no idea
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

like i said Joepa's loyalty= FTL and it comes back to bite him once again. Bolden was clearly the better QB but yet the walkon gets the start??
indifferent.gif

I heard Newson is looking at JMU, ODU, Liberty for FCS schools. bet he goes to JMU since they got no QB Liberty has Mike Brown and a QB recruit who has FBS offers and same with ODU.

I can't believe that Marecic kid plays both ways for a top 5 colllege football team. Linebacker/Fullback to make it even more gangsta. That's insane.

What a #$!%!* idiot!! Why do you catch, then kneel, the ball in your own endzone on a batted ball?!?!? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
mad.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Vtech VS a top 5 team in a big bowl game in prime time..........................................

and poor orange bowl, they keep getting teams that dont travel well and half the stadium looks empty

Between the Canes, the Marlins, the Dolphins, and the ORange Bowl....Dolphin/JoeRobbie/ProPlayer/SunLife stadium is always empty.
laugh.gif

Chokies strike again!!!

Two biggest games of the year...Boise State and Standford. Vagina Tech and Frank Beamer in big games....
laugh.gif

I personally think Stanford's brand of football is 
pimp.gif
 its good to see a team get away from these prettyboy spread offenses and play smashmouth "Shut the F up" football.  They out here bodying Va Tech
laugh.gif

Harbaugh is a helluva coach, he's one of those rare exceptions where his style actually translates well to the NFL IMO. Too bad Stanford's alumni doesn't really care about sports that much, you know it's bad when your tickets are on sale at Costco for cheap when you're having your best season in a long, long time....I think he's definitely leaving, hopefully to the Niners (for Cal's sake too
laugh.gif
)

Just got back from my trip. Had an amazing time at the game. The entire day couldn't have been better.

img2475y.jpg

laugh.gif
I bet some wisconsin fan, maybe even the bus driver was contemplating doing a hit & run on u

btw Va Tech might have the worst Linebackers Ive ever seen Geeeez

Back
Top Bottom