Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Nick O'Leary and Jacoby Brissett will visit Miami later this month and I think that this is a little scary. Miami can take them both and certainly Brissett will have an easier road to the starting job(earlier). I think the announcement NOT happening at Army is tied to this event and in the end, there is no reason to worry....................yet. But we will watch closely.

Originally Posted by dreClark

alg_jack_nicklaus.jpg

was just told that Bellamy has called the Vol Staff on Numermous occasions this week , despite his public stance that he is still committed to Clemson .

Also, Marcus jackson is a Vol. the Miami 24/7 board says Cane but I have been told otherwise by "the man"

Antonio Richardson - Vol.

and Lamar Dawson - Vol.

also says if We can get Rome to bring his parents up for the official Visit, we may have a punchers chance.

IF all this happens, I will be a content young man

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Going to the Wu-Tang show, so I am going to miss the game tonight. Think Va. Tech pulls it out.
Not to thread jack but let us know how the show is, I'm going on the 6th when they come to my city.
It was awesome.  La The Darkman opened up for them which was a nice surpise.  Enjoy.

Originally Posted by firered18

I personally think Stanford's brand of football is 
pimp.gif
 its good to see a team get away from these prettyboy spread offenses and play smashmouth "Shut the F up" football.  They out here bodying Va Tech
laugh.gif

The Pro-Style offense in college with the right coaches + players + execution = thing of beauty.

Stanford's O reminds me of Miami's in '01/02 with Chud calling the plays.

[h3]Jim Harbaugh likely not headed to Michigan[/h3]
We're going to find out a lot about Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon in the coming hours and days.

Brandon's seemingly obvious move with Michigan football -- to fire coach Rich Rodriguez and hire Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh -- appears to be off the board. Colleague Chris Mortensen reports that Harbaugh is more likely to remain at Stanford or take an NFL job than return to his alma mater.

One theory behind Brandon's decision to wait until after Michigan's bowl game to determine Rodriguez's future was he'd be able to pursue Harbaugh after Stanford's appearance in the Discover Orange Bowl on Monday night. The AD appears to be losing the waiting game, as Rodriguez and Michigan's recruits deal with uncertainty and Michigan is now competing with several NFL teams for top coaches.

My belief all along is Michigan should only fire Rodriguez if it could land Harbaugh. The program likely will backslide after a coaching change, and it needs someone to keep fans' spirits high about the future. Harbaugh is that man.

Michigan's horrific bowl performance makes it much more difficult to bring back Rodriguez, a gifted coach but one who hasn't shown the necessary improvement in Ann Arbor. While I still think Michigan can retain Rodriguez and clean house on the defensive staff, most fans wouldn't be pleased.

If Michigan fires Rodriguez, where should it turn? Les Miles? Brady Hoke? Gary Patterson? After watching Patterson last week at the Rose Bowl, I think he'd be a tremendous hire for Michigan, but we'll see what happens.

Stay tuned.

Since Edsall's departure the state has been up in arms over how our former head coach booked without telling anyone even his coaching staff.

He wasn't very well liked to begin with and this has made matters worse. Rumors are circulating that former Maryland coach Ralph Friedgen is on the radar.

If the Dolphins let go of Tony Sparano there are also rumors that UConn will pursue him. He's a Connecticut guy and has a lot of recruiting experience up here. As does Steve Addazio. He took the Temple job but many are speculating that because he is Connecticut through and through if UConn were to come calling then he might check it out.

I know UConn isn't widely talked about on here but I'm anxiously awaiting our new head coach. Anyone have any thoughts? Mike Leech is reportedly out of the question which didnt suprise me.

Our top 3 corners gone.
tired.gif
That #2 pass defense is dunzo.

If I'm Golden i'd be calling Latwaan and begging him to stay. Either way we're screwed.

Gorman is all gator. We're not even recruiting him.

Therezie isn't interested. Auburn or Bama.

Roberson is prob Auburn.

I think if Golden pressed him you'd be right in the thick of things for him.

Gorman doesn't has as many ties to the new staff as he does the Prior staff. His new DB coach would be brand new. Gotta stop letting kids like that get away.

Yeah I know Therezie is Bama/AU and Roberson is Auburn/TTU

Texas is bringing in Alabama's DL coach, Bo Davis, to coach DTs.

They're supposedly looking at 3-4 DCs now, too...doesn't make much sense to have a DE coach and a DT coach for a 3-4...I guess Oscar Giles would possibly get fired if they do indeed switch.

And if they do switch to a 3-4, they may struggle defensively for a few years with the personnel they currently have. Jeffcoat and Wilson aren't built to be 3-4 DEs, and they really don't move well enough to move to 3-4 OLBs.

If true, Mack may want to reconsider that one.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Texas is bringing in Alabama's DL coach, Bo Davis, to coach DTs.

They're supposedly looking at 3-4 DCs now, too...doesn't make much sense to have a DE coach and a DT coach for a 3-4...I guess Oscar Giles would possibly get fired if they do indeed switch.

And if they do switch to a 3-4, they may struggle defensively for a few years with the personnel they currently have. Jeffcoat and Wilson aren't built to be 3-4 DEs, and they really don't move well enough to move to 3-4 OLBs.

If true, Mack may want to reconsider that one.
maybe this is why he is taken so long to hire a DC. 

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Brandon Harris, off to the NFL
Teams are going to run a train on our corners next year.
There's no reason for us to be in this situation with all the corners S. Fla. spits out each year. Randy's decision to pass on Ricardo Allen  last year and Jayron Hosley the year before is looking real good right now... 
sick.gif

and passing on Therezie Made ZERO sense. I dont care if he's a CB/S tweener.also no offer for Dallas Crawford.
30t6p3b.gif
I dunno man, I dunno

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

they should go after les miles. who they should of hired the 1st time around.

I thought I've read that Les never had an offer for the job. I think Herbstreet killed that whole when he was running his mouth on gameday on the day of the sec champ game. Talking he heard from a reliable source that les was gonna be the new coach and would never reveal who that source was.I'm prepared for it to be Hoke and I'm prepared to not be excited about it.

Back
Top Bottom