Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

I think Edsall is a good coach, but he's not an exciting hire, and I'm not sure he's any better than Fridge...so what did UMD accomplish with any of this? Not much.

Originally Posted by DLo13

I think Edsall is a good coach, but he's not an exciting hire, and I'm not sure he's any better than Fridge...so what did UMD accomplish with any of this? Not much.

i agree with this

and big
roll.gif
@ leach not even getting a interview.

Originally Posted by DLo13

agreed....it's a lateral move IMO.  UMD has seats and luxury boxes to fill....I'm not sure how Edsall helps in that department. 

I am really wondering where RR will end up. I can't see him waiting around for too long tho. Still a young guy but he needs to cut ties with Gibson.

Dee Hart officially drops Michigan and is now looking at Auburn and Bama. Can't blame him at all. Good luck to him.

I expect Dallas Crawford to bounce as well even though his mm just said he will honor his commitment.

I really want to keep the guys we have in fold but would not be hurt if any decided to leave. Blake Countess and Dallas Crawford would be huge to keep tho. Hoping Jimmy can come in here and get busy these final couple of weeks and get a solid foundation for his run.

Here is the projected UF Staff

OC/QB- Charlie Weis (KC OC) (Announcement Monday)
RB- Stan Drayton (Confirmed)
WR- Aubrey Hill (UM WR) (Confirmed)
OL- Matt Moore (TT OL)
TE- Brian White (Confirmed)

DC/DL- Dan Quinn (SEA DL)
LB- DJ Durkin (Confirmed)
DB- Travaris Robinson (TT DB) (Confirmed)
ST- Rich Bisaccia (TB ST)

Strength: Mick Marotti

And I thought UF was gonna land Searles from UGA. Glad he didn't go there
smile.gif

Why are the UA announcers talking about Oregon like they came down and plucked Tacoi Sumler from FSU/UF/UM? Yeah, he's from Florida, but he didn't have a committable offer from the big 3.

1041772.jpg

laugh.gif
I see you coach Golden. One of these was in the locker for every UA All American.

Originally Posted by dreClark

And I thought UF was gonna land Searles from UGA. Glad he didn't go there
smile.gif

Apparently it's being said Matt Moore hasn't even heard from UF.

Maybe there's still hope!

Great game yesterday @ the Rose Bowl.

smokin.gif

I thought that @%++ was going to be a classic the way they were trading blows in the first quarter, then the defenses woke up.  Still a great game.  Wisconsin side was dead until the 4th quarter when Clay started bulldozing his way to what should have been the game tying TD.

I don't know what Bielema was thinking throwing on that 2pt conversion with all the success they were having pounding the ball.

What could've been:

Still a great game, and the Rose Bowl is probably the best setting for a College Football Bowl Game.  It was cold, but it was a nice clear day.

roll.gif
@ seeing all the Big 10 scores on my ticker....
eek.gif
.  That conference got worked, it's one thing to lose a close game, like Wisconsin did, but to lose the way Michigan and Michigan State lost,
eek.gif
, that is downright embarrassing.  Big 10 honks better hope Ohio State polishes the turd, but with all the problems coming out and that lid about to be popped open, they might have too many distractions.  Plus, one must think that it is highly doubtful that Pryor stays with these new allegations coming out.  *%## the pledge, he will probably bounce before he gets the Dez Bryant treatment from the NCAA.

Randy Edsall getting hired at Maryland - *Shrugs* not impressed.  I'm sure the Maryland AD is going to sell the donors, alumni, etc. that he led UConn to a BCS berth and omit the fact that it was the worst BCS team ever to appear in a BCS bowl.

Mike Haywood getting fired -
30t6p3b.gif
.  Dummy!  Well, since Leach is still available and this already being a black eye to Pitt, what are the chances they just go after a high profile yet controversial coaching candidate like Mike Leach?

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

smokin.gif

I thought that @%++ was going to be a classic the way they were trading blows in the first quarter, then the defenses woke up.  Still a great game.  Wisconsin side was dead until the 4th quarter when Clay started bulldozing his way to what should have been the game tying TD.

I don't know what Bielema was thinking throwing on that 2pt conversion with all the success they were having pounding the ball.

What could've been:

Still a great game, and the Rose Bowl is probably the best setting for a College Football Bowl Game.  It was cold, but it was a nice clear day.

roll.gif
eek.gif
.  That conference got worked, it's one thing to lose a close game, like Wisconsin did, but to lose the way Michigan and Michigan State lost,
eek.gif
, that is downright embarrassing.  Big 10 honks better hope Ohio State polishes the turd, but with all the problems coming out and that lid about to be popped open, they might have too many distractions.  Plus, one must think that it is highly doubtful that Pryor stays with these new allegations coming out.  *%## the pledge, he will probably bounce before he gets the Dez Bryant treatment from the NCAA.

Randy Edsall getting hired at Maryland - *Shrugs* not impressed.  I'm sure the Maryland AD is going to sell the donors, alumni, etc. that he led UConn to a BCS berth and omit the fact that it was the worst BCS team ever to appear in a BCS bowl.

30t6p3b.gif
.  Dummy!  Well, since Leach is still available and this already being a black eye to Pitt, what are the chances they just go after a high profile yet controversial coaching candidate like Mike Leach?

but you gotta see how Limited he is recruiting wise, with no consistent talent pool real close to him.
This is UCONN's 10th Year in D-1 football and 7th in the Big East, and he's gotten them to a BCS bowl game. 

I'd like to see how well Edsall can do with a better area to recruit players who want to go to your school.

as a UCONN fan, it would be amazing to see Leach go to  Connecticut and Coach, but its a one in a million chance. 

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

smokin.gif

What could've been:

roll.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif
IronMan, how you getting all these hook ups with on-field passes, etc.? 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

those shirts gonna be in some remote fishing village in Honduras by Tuesday AM.

I always wish i had some connect to swipe a Pats 19-0 Shirt, just to have and maybe sell one day.

Back
Top Bottom