Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

They were?  
eek.gif

....yes....what game were you watching?

Question

Why wouldn't the SEC invite TCU to join?

All SEC schools are a big state schools outside of Vandy and TCU is private but that's the only thing I can think of.

Wow! What a day, what a game. Took the train out there. Badgers fans were so cocky and confident on the way out there. Absolutely silent after the game.13-0!!

they are already on NAtional tv every week, even up to theyre 4th & 5th weakest Saturday games are nationally televised, they have surpassed needing Dallas TV market.

they pluck enough kids outta Texas they dont need them and would never have Texas as a recruiting base,

Florida, Louisiana, South Carolina Mississippi and Georgia are SEC Terroritories. U really think they to even spend money goin to texas?

If TCU commanded more of the DFW area then it would be worth the invite but they dont. Plus the SEC flat out doesn't need TCU at this point.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

they are already on NAtional tv every week, even up to theyre 4th & 5th weakest Saturday games are nationally televised, they have surpassed needing Dallas TV market.

they pluck enough kids outta Texas they dont need them and would never have Texas as a recruiting base,

Florida, Louisiana, South Carolina Mississippi and Georgia are SEC Terroritories. U really think they to even spend money goin to texas?
When the Aggie talking about joining the SEC the main reason you gave was the Houston TV market.

What would be different?

103v62x.jpg

laugh.gif
. Let me find out Dom Easley went to college then reclassified as a 2011 recruit.

And idk why there were so many cocky Wisky fans. Like ok yeah, you had a huge !@! OL....but you have a huge !@! OL every year. Big !@! RB? Yeah, have that every year too. Very good TE? Every year. Still have a slow !@! defense and an avg QB. Bout lost to Miami last year who didn't even wanna play b/c it was cold and lost to a @###@% FSU team the year before that. Same %*!$, different year.

because the aggies are a traditionally rich football team and they would bring other sports to the table

Like what?

They occasionally make noise in basketball and that's it.

TCU is probably the number one ranked baseball team in the nation.

Wisconsin pretty much controlled Miami from start to finish.

Today's game was a statistical anomaly but TCU pretty much took care of their business, Wisconsin didn't.

Originally Posted by acidicality

In non-important news, Cal's Shane Vereen is going pro instead of staying. Don't blame him, we don't look to be real competitive next year and he could be picked at a good spot if he has good workouts.

I was hoping he would stay. Cal is not looking too good next year.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Wow! What a day, what a game. Took the train out there. Badgers fans were so cocky and confident on the way out there. Absolutely silent after the game.13-0!!
How long did it take you to get out there? I tried to take the train out to El Paso (from Arlington) earlier this week, and it was gonna take 21 hours. Apparently there isn't a direct track from DFW to El Paso, so I was gonna have to go DFW-San Antonio-El Paso. I decided the 10 hour drive was better.
Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Like what?

They occasionally make noise in basketball and that's it.

TCU is probably the number one ranked baseball team in the nation.
Football, basketball (both mens' and womens'), womens' soccer, baseball, softball, track and field...track and field is huge in the SEC, and TAMU has won back-to-back national titles in both mens' and womens'.

TAMU was the number one ranked baseball team in the nation just a couple of years ago...

TCU just doesn't really bring much other than a solid football team to the table. They don't have a large enough alumni/fan base to be able to talk about bringing TV markets.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

In non-important news, Cal's Shane Vereen is going pro instead of staying. Don't blame him, we don't look to be real competitive next year and he could be picked at a good spot if he has good workouts.

our defense will be good.
our offense will not.

A&Ms endowment, enrollment, alumni, fan base, and revenue along with being a flagship school all trumps TCU. Plus A&M no doubt gives you an imprint in Dallas, San Antonio, and Houston, TCU would not.

COnsidering only a few schools would increase revenue for a conference like the SEC, TCU would take from more than they would bring in. And IDK how Vandy would feel bringing in another private school on board.

It all goes back to my op, SEC just doesn't flat out need TCU at this point.

Well the Big 10 just got ##%$ on today. With all the previous loses by Michigan St. Penn St. Michigan etc. i felt it woulda meant a little bit more if Wisconsin could pull it off.

Close game. I need to read NikeTalk's rules..

I'm really interested in seeing how BCS money is gonna affect TCU.

According to the Sports Business Journal, each of the six AQ conferences received $22.2MM from the BCS. The five non-AQ conferences got a combined $24MM. I'm not sure about their TV contracts, but certainly they'll make more with the Big East/ESPN contract.

They already have pretty nice facilities and just started the $100MM+ stadium renovation. I wanna see what they're gonna do with the increased payouts. I imagine most of it will probably be used to fund the other programs, but even rolling back just a little more each year will greatly help over the course of 5-10 years (in time for facilities updates).

Originally Posted by StackJaxx

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

our defense will be good.
our offense will not.
i'm really hoping they revert to something more option-based with Maynard.

The real money will come from TV. The bowl money after revenue sharing and bowl expenses would be more than likely next to nothing or a net loss for the school.

Texas A&M probably has more students on campus than TCU does alumni that watch football regularly on Saturdays...

TCU brings nothing to the Big XII or the SEC... The A&M stuff was because A&M is a Top 20-25 all-time program that fits very well culturally with the SEC, has flirted with going there in the past and they deliver TVs in the ENTIRE state, not just a handful in DFW...

If the SEC is going to expand into Texas, they want the whole state, not just DFW. Nobody in Texas outside of DFW cares about TCU, that's just a reality. The Big East probably needs those TVs and they need a rock solid football program as a cornerstone. The Big XII and SEC don't.

Texas Hires Darrell Wyatt as new WR coach. he was Co-OC/WR coach at Kansas last yr.

in 3 years, TP2 has been pulled over 3 times driving 2 different cars from an auto dealer ...

The school & Pryor claimed the cars were loaners while he had extended work done on his car

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yeah, Jim Tressell is clean
laugh.gif

in 3 years, TP2 has been pulled over 3 times driving 2 different cars from an auto dealer ...

The school & Pryor claimed the cars were loaners while he had extended work done on his car

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yeah, Jim Tressell is clean
laugh.gif

A lot of the cats on the team are dumb, going to have more violations doing mess like that
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

.. More distractions before the The Petrino show
pimp.gif

There was pictures of Pryor reporting for preseason workouts in a charger back in august.

I just figured he bought it by selling his trophies, jersey, and various memorabilia.

Back
Top Bottom