Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Originally Posted by agold1002

Dave Brandon will announce any changes at Michigan late next week....aka rich rod only keeps his job if nobody else wants it

If it's not JH, it better be RRod IMO.....I guess....maybe....I don't even frickin' know anymore.

I agree it's already to late to start with a new coach and if it's not jimmy we need to keep rr and just suck it up

I'm baffled at how people think that this era hasn't been a total failure. I was on board with it but I am not convinced that he is the long term answer for this football program. Guy looked like a defeated man in the first quarter. He doesn't show any emotion out there.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

I'm baffled at how people think that this era hasn't been a total failure. I was on board with it but I am not convinced that he is the long term answer for this football program. Guy looked like a defeated man in the first quarter. He doesn't show any emotion out there.

Honestly when we hired rr we got $$@+*@ and had to settled with him.....he wasn't the first choice and I don't even know if he was in the top 5 when they started the searched. I would rather them get it right instead of settling....and if that means another year with rr they it should happen

What happened today was pathetic and embarassing

How long is halftime damn
laugh.gif

Even though UCONN doesn't even have an offensive TD i'm impressed by them keeping it close. OU has WAY more talent than them.

WRs are dropping passes all over the place.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Even though UCONN doesn't even have an offensive TD i'm impressed by them keeping it close. OU has WAY more talent than them.

WRs are dropping passes all over the place.

aside from the WR and QB play, they've held their own with OU. 
Just almost any other QB would have this game a lot more exciting and closer. 

gotta give credit to Edsall, major props doing what he's doing with the recruiting he's been able to do, but he just can't get those good people in his backyard to stay. 

damn shame. 

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

What happened to Lewis? I didn't even see him get hurt

He didn't go down on the field...they showed the play they think he got hurt on a few minutes after he got carted off. He popped someone on a block on one of the kickoffs, and walked off the field. Then when he got off the field, I guess he started to feel the hit.

Bob Stoops is lucky UCONN has zero passing game or he would have eaten another L.

just as a I typed that another pick 6 off a wr

UCONN has a very bad receiving core... Soo many passes off their hands, im going up there in the spring for walk on spot

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Bob Stoops is lucky UCONN has zero passing game or he would have eaten another L.

just as a I typed that another pick 6 off a wr

frown.gif
frown.gif

Edsall just needs to step his recruiting game up, was looking at C/O 2011 that he's bringing in, ranked 75th :smh

He needs to at least try to get people that are in his backyard, and claim them before they go to the bigger and better schools. 

most of the talent that he's getting is the scraps of scraps in other states, if theres some one big time in CT here, they're leaving for greener pastures. 

Granted he's found these Diamond's in the Rough to say but has gotten talent, but not a the same time together. Donald Brown, Jordan Todman, Lutrus, Laurence Wilson, and Zach Hurd are all gonna be some great guys going to/ or people who could contribute to the NFL. 

It's just a shame, he's such a loyal guy to the School, his 12th year I believe but all its gonna take now is just some people who really want to start to bring Consistent BCS threats. 

but all this team this year was missing was a Decent QB, Frazer just won't really cut it  

There isn't much big time talent in CT and you're gonna be hard pressed to have them go to UCONN over offers from bigger schools. Even if he is on them before the other schools come looking, once they come sniffing around he's more than likely going to be out of look. Edsall is doing the best that he can w/ the cards that he has been dealt. The kids he is getting from Fla are > a lot of the talent in his regional recruiting base. UCONN is a basketball school so it's gonna be very hard to get high level kids to go there.

Originally Posted by dreClark

There isn't much big time talent in CT and you're gonna be hard pressed to have them go to UCONN over offers from bigger schools. Even if he is on them before the other schools come looking, once they come sniffing around he's more than likely going to be out of look. Edsall is doing the best that he can w/ the cards that he has been dealt. The kids he is getting from Fla are > a lot of the talent in his regional recruiting base. UCONN is a basketball school so it's gonna be very hard to get high level kids to go there.
completely agree with that. 
of course almost all players offered to go to Florida like one OT from CT this year did will happen more frequently but out of every one that is at least ranked or given a star from CT on maxpreps and other services, you get 2? its just a shame. 

I'd say that they've got to keep on winning for more and more years before he can start to take the back yard talent that springs up every once and a while, Which they've got in a QB named Casey Cochran, would be an upgrade as a freshman than Zach Frazer. 

He just hasn't made UConn a household name, even it the home state, even with the success he's had in 10 years in D-1 

But then again, i could be just setting high standards for a clear basketball school.

Completely forgot about The 3 Studs that CT had last year that UConn was close to pulling in, 2 were US army all americans and then the Gatorade player of the year in CT.
Silas Redd, Khairi Fortt who both went to Penn State, and Then Kevin Pierre-Louis.
all guys who more than likely could of played alot for UConn this year.

It's just none of these guys have the mentality of being those guys to be the first people to help build the program.

In non-important news, Cal's Shane Vereen is going pro instead of staying. Don't blame him, we don't look to be real competitive next year and he could be picked at a good spot if he has good workouts.

Back
Top Bottom