Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

sessions+redd's (expiring)+that contract for hughes+curry
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm fine with waiting a year and going after CP3 or Dwill, we continue to improve our young core during the meantime and add pieces.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
now they're saying the Knicks might stand pat for 2011 or 2012.

I love it.

I still think the Knicks have a shot to land a combo of Joe Johnson and Amare in 2010. However if 2010 doesnt work out I have no problem with letting the young talent develop and trying to bring in CP3 who I believe is a FA the following year.

I think CP and Deron are 2012. Melo is someone (among others) who is 2011. But I'd rather have Deron than CP.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

laugh.gif

I love it.

I still think the Knicks have a shot to land a combo of Joe Johnson and Amare in 2010. However if 2010 doesnt work out I have no problem with letting the young talent develop and trying to bring in CP3 who I believe is a FA the following year.

I think CP and Deron are 2012. Melo is someone (among others) who is 2011. But I'd rather have Deron than CP.
Ahhh ok...I will take either although I prefer CP3....like I said I dont care as long as the Knicks stick to the plan of developing young playersand adding one or two FA's in their prime.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

laugh.gif

I love it.

sick.gif
alien.gif

laugh.gif

Who is the last team you know to build their team via free agency by signing a superstar and make a big impact the next season anyway?

Last time I checked it was Shaq to LA.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif

I love it.

sick.gif
alien.gif

laugh.gif

Who is the last team you know to build their team via free agency by signing a superstar and make a big impact the next season anyway?

laugh.gif
I'd actually say Grant Hill and T-Mac to Orlando should have worked

laugh.gif

I love it.

sick.gif
alien.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Hey now, don't come and add showers to our already rained out parade.

Who are they?
It was in the offseason post one of the DN headline rips. See if I can get it in here...

laugh.gif

I love it.

sick.gif
alien.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I could care less what the rest of the league has done, anyone seriously think the Knicks don't become an immediate player in the east with LeBron?

Allen, they'd be a player yes. But we would all rather the Knicks not try and get just LeBron but LeBron and someone else you know? You're rightbut we need better I guess is what I'm trying to say
grin.gif
laugh.gif

BTW:
heat23 wrote:
Artest Reaches Out To Odom

Jul 19, 2009 8:49 AM EST

Ron Artest says that he has reached out to Lamar Odom in hopes that the forward can still work out a deal with the Lakers.

"I hope that helps," said Artest. "I already reached out to him and will (again)."

Artest's remarks came after Dwyane Wade made public comments in an attempt to persuade Odom to return to Miami.

Via New York Daily News

Los Angeles Lakers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knicks Lining Up Alternatives To LeBron?
Jul 19, 2009 8:41 AM EST

If LeBron James ultimately decides to stay in Cleveland, the Knicks have a number of fallback options to target in the next few summers.

In 2011, guys like Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Durant are expected to hit the free agent market.

If Anthony and Durant don't move to New York, then Chris Paul and Deron Williams could become options in the summer of 2012.

Via Newsday

New York Knicks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artest Nearly Signed With Cavaliers
Jul 19, 2009 8:58 AM EST

Ron Artest told the New York Daily News that he gave serious consideration to signing with the Cavaliers prior to inking a five-year deal with the Lakers.

"It was close (to happening), but the Lakers showed more interest," Artest said. "They're my boys (James and O'Neal), though. Shaq is still my boy. I'm looking forward to playing with Kobe and going after a championship."

Via New York Daily News

Cleveland Cavaliers, Los Angeles Lakers

Sterling Wants Iverson On Clippers
Jul 19, 2009 8:54 AM EST

Clippers owner Donald Sterling wants Allen Iverson, but a number of the team's top executives don't share the feeling.

"It's out of our control," one Clipper executive told the New York Daily News. "This is owner-driven."

Sterling is using the team's slow-moving ticket sales as a reason to add Iverson, but a former league executive commented that A.I. doesn't appear to be in coach Mike Dunleavy's plans.

Via New York Daily News

Why, what's changed from when Walsh initially set out on this plan and we were all for it?

It's summer, so it's dead time right now and easy to say we'll stink again and why would we wana come here...We'll see it all pick up again.

You right about that.

But when it comes down to it and Bron has to pick leaving his hometown to go to a worse team for less money...I'm not so sure that he's going to jumpship.

The Knicks FanBlog Rotating Header Image
Knicks will have less cap space in 2010
Jul 8th, 2009
by Dan L.

The new cap numbers have been released and they've gone down. ESPN is reporting that the league is warning teams that the cap might decrease further next year.

Commissioner David Stern actually warned during the NBA Finals of a [basketball related income] shortfall of "maybe as much as 10 percent" from last season to next season, but Tuesday's projections were sufficiently dire for teams such as the New York Knicks that have been planning for months to make a significant free-agent splash next summer.

When Knicks president Donnie Walsh took the job in April 2008 - before the global economic downturn that, as with most businesses, has hit the NBA so hard - some teams around the league were projecting a 2010-11 cap ceiling in the $63 million range per team. So in the best-case scenario outlined by the league office Tuesday night, New York would have roughly $10 million less in spending money next summer than it originally planned for, although the memo did include a disclaimer stressing that these were "early" projections that could "change based on economic conditions and as more information on leaguewide business performance becomes available."

This was anticipated, but now it seems like a real possibility, unless the economy really turns around and teams make a ton of money this year (the cap is based on league revenue). Donnie already had his work cut out for him, but now Donnie really has his work cut out for him.

Is that 2010 Knicks pick to Utah protected?

If not, then I believe they have all the reason to try and add some talent with the MLE to try and get the 8th seed next year.
abeautifulhaze
I forgot all about Chauncey. He signed with Detroit in 2002, but wasn't considered a high-caliber player until he made his name in Detroit.And I was talking about superstar talent as well. If we add Chauncey, we could easily add Joe Johnson to ATL, etc. I forgot about Nash too though which couldbe considered superstar talent at the time. He did win two MVP trophies
grin.gif

I could care less what the rest of the league has done, anyone seriously think the Knicks don't become an immediate player in the east with LeBron?
I'm not talking about whether or not they will become an immediate player in the East if they got Lebron. I'm talking about the chances ofit happening. I could care less where Lebron goes, but realistically I just can't see any superstar leaving their respective teams. That's why Ibrought up the Shaq signing with LA thing. If they do, hey I'm wrong.

I think NY would be better off trying to pursue all-star caliber talent such as Stoudemire and/or Joe Johnson if possible. Add that with the talent theyalready have and you will be a pretty good team in the East with other teams getting old. Just try to bring in any combination of all-star talent. It's okto still push for Lebron, but I wouldn't bet my money on him coming.

a crybaby and a player known to disappear in big games?

not the greatest options

but hey you never know

no on amare and JJ. and i rather have wade then lebron. yes, i said it. dont get me wrong, if lebron comes, ill be all for it, but i rather have wade. i justdont see him leaving mia though
frown.gif

and next years pick is unprotected
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom