Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Here's the thing that Nate has to understand.

Players his size are a dime a dozen.

Earl Boykins couldn't even sniff the League last year and he was actually a solid pro.

Players like Nate and Earl are expendable. And Nate's gotta recognize that.
True, and I think you almost say the same thing about David Lee (PF's who are atheltic, can finish, rebound, but cannot playdefense)...they're probably in top of the class of the skilled-undersized scoring guards and athletic-weak pf's, but they are expendable andreplaceable (see 2010 draft). That being said, I'd like to see them sign Nate just bc he's a great spark off the bench and is talented andentertaining. As for Lee, I kind of see Hill as his replacement, and would rather see the Knicks save that cap space for a FA that actually plays defense.

So since I don't imagine any moves happening, I'm guessing the depth chart for next year is going to be:

Duhon, Douglas
Hughes, Morris Almond? Joe Crawford?
Chandler, Harrington, Jefferies
Hill, Gallinari,
Milicic, Curry

...I wish we still had that 2010 Draft pick
laugh.gif

Knicks To Call Bucks About Sessions

Jul 18, 2009 11:02 AM EST

Gery Woelfel reports that the Knicks covet point guard Ramon Sessions and want to pursue a sign-and-trade for the Bucks'restricted free-agent. Failing that, the Knicks will look to sign Sessions to an offer sheet at the mid-level exception.

"The Bucks will target Hughes' expiring contract and they will want the Knicks to take back Charlie Bell, who isunder a reasonable salary but through 2011-12. Kurt Thomas could also be a possibility. I could see a potential Hughes for Sessions/Bell or Sessions/Thomas.Thomas could be the fallback option if the Knicks don't end up matching a Blazers' offer sheet for Lee."

[h1]WALSH LEE-RY OF DAVID A$K[/h1]By MARC BERMAN

Knicks team president Donnie Walsh predicted negotiations with David Leewill come to a head early next week, and indications were Lee will either sign an offer sheet with the Trail Blazers or settle for the Knicks' five-yearoffer, which agent Mark Bartelstein still believes is below Lee's market value.

If Portland doesn't come through and Lee still doesn't accept the Knicks' proposal, Walsh could pull the offer off the table next week.

"It probably will be next week, the way Mark talks," Walsh said. "My feeling is one way or another. He's looking to get an offer sheetthat reflects David's value. I hope he doesn't so I can get him at the value I think he's at. There's a disparity."

The Blazers got back $10 million in cap room when the Jazz matched their four-year, $32 million offer to forward Paul Millsap. Bartelstein is trying to get the Blazers to offer Lee a five-year,$50 million contract, but they have been reluctant, feeling that the Knicks will match.

With his eye on the 2010 salary cap, Walsh is seeking a deal averaging between $7 and $8 million. Lee has agreed to backload a deal with the Knicks and takea pay cut for 2010-11. If Portland signed Lee to an offer sheet, it would attempt to add a poison pill clause for 2010-11.

The Knicks will have trouble competing with Olympiakos' offer to fellow restricted free agent Nate Robinson. A source said the Greek team's offer is equivalent to $10million a year, factoring in endorsements and merchandising.

The Knicks' Summer League squad fell to the Kings 84-71 yesterday in Las Vegas. First-round draft pick Toney Douglas led the team with 15 points, andtop pick Jordan Hill finished with eight points and 12 rebounds.

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

Earl Boykins couldn't even sniff the League last year and he was actually a solid pro.

True, and I think you almost say the same thing about David Lee (PF's who are atheltic, can finish, rebound, but cannot play defense)...they're probably in top of the class of the skilled-undersized scoring guards and athletic-weak pf's, but they are expendable and replaceable (see 2010 draft). That being said, I'd like to see them sign Nate just bc he's a great spark off the bench and is talented and entertaining. As for Lee, I kind of see Hill as his replacement, and would rather see the Knicks save that cap space for a FA that actually plays defense.

So since I don't imagine any moves happening, I'm guessing the depth chart for next year is going to be:

Duhon, Douglas
Hill, Gallinari,
Milicic, Curry

laugh.gif

what about chris wilcox??
but im sure darko will start...
if lee doesnt come back....

i think the starting will be ..
duhon, nate/larry, wilson, al, darko/lee

i hope the blazers don't offer anything to lee, we don't need a PF.

1. I couldn't see Aldridge being a backup

2. I obviously couldn't see Lee being a backup

3. Neither of them should play the 3 spot

Originally Posted by arrjae

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

True, and I think you almost say the same thing about David Lee (PF's who are atheltic, can finish, rebound, but cannot play defense)...they're probably in top of the class of the skilled-undersized scoring guards and athletic-weak pf's, but they are expendable and replaceable (see 2010 draft). That being said, I'd like to see them sign Nate just bc he's a great spark off the bench and is talented and entertaining. As for Lee, I kind of see Hill as his replacement, and would rather see the Knicks save that cap space for a FA that actually plays defense.

Duhon, Douglas
Hill, Gallinari,
Milicic, Curry

laugh.gif

what about chris wilcox??
but im sure darko will start...
if lee doesnt come back....

i think the starting will be ..
duhon, nate/larry, wilson, al, darko/lee

wilcox isnt on the roster anymore

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Knicks To Call Bucks About Sessions

Jul 18, 2009 11:02 AM EST

Gery Woelfel reports that the Knicks covet point guard Ramon Sessions and want to pursue a sign-and-trade for the Bucks' restricted free-agent. Failing that, the Knicks will look to sign Sessions to an offer sheet at the mid-level exception.

"The Bucks will target Hughes' expiring contract and they will want the Knicks to take back Charlie Bell, who is under a reasonable salary but through 2011-12. Kurt Thomas could also be a possibility. I could see a potential Hughes for Sessions/Bell or Sessions/Thomas. Thomas could be the fallback option if the Knicks don't end up matching a Blazers' offer sheet for Lee."

Sessions... yesssss, i like the sound of that... DO IT DONNIE!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That ws my man from the start im a BIG Sessions fan, id even take him over Andre Miller i truly believe D'Antoni can blossom him into a star

If we get Sessions... I consider this a succesful offseason

NO to that Sessions trade...we dont need to take back any bad contracts.....Sessions is not putting us over the top this year or the next so what is thepoint?!

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

NO to that Sessions trade...we dont need to take back any bad contracts.....Sessions is not putting us over the top this year or the next so what is the point?!
He is probably the best young PG (not named rubio) we could get anytime soon. If it isnt a sign and trade i heard we're gonna offer him eithera 3 or 5 year deal at the full MLE. I think 5 years is a stretch, i'd be happier with a 3 year deal. IMO, acquring sessions this year = playoffs

NO to that Sessions trade...we dont need to take back any bad contracts.....Sessions is not putting us over the top this year or the next so what is the point?!
I'm with you Dex.

ya bugging. sessions is a problem. i been saying that if we dont get flynn we should go after sessions and forget rubio. i guarantee that if sessions is in ourlineup he will be an ALLSTAR next year. we need an upgrade at point guard point blank.

we're not going to get boozer from the jazz even though i've read that we're involved in some of the trade talks for him. i see booze landing inchi town. sessions is the only dude i see worth getting this offseason that can help the team improve. i still dont think the knicks will make any moves thissummer... but if we do make one move i want them to get sessions. we will probably move curry and hughes before the trade deadline as trade bait.

quietly...if the knicks get sessions we will have a pretty solid line up.

this is how i see it

pg- sessions
sg- ill will (i think we will move him here) if not we will have hughes starting
sf- al i get buckets harrington or ill will
pf- hill
c- darko

looking at that lineup...we dont need nate rob or david lee. why? players like them can be replaced. but looking back at last year. the rooster was such awaste of a pick at #6. dude STILL wont be starting this year. and i dont even see him being a 6th man or something unless he really improves this summer. hisjumper is splash city though

LAS VEGAS - If you follow the moving money trail of the Portland Trail Blazers, it appears to lead straight to David Lee, the Knicks' restricted free agent and one of the few remaining attractive free agents on the market.

If you follow the trail logically, though, it could lead to an altogether different place.

The twice-scorned Trail Blazers are an anomaly in the N.B.A., a playoff-tailored team with about $8 million worth of salary-cap space late in thesummer's free agency.

They had agreed in principle to a deal with Hedo Turkoglu forfive years and $50 million relatively early. But the next day, Turkoglu did an about-face largely on his wife's preference for Toronto over Portland, andhe was the centerpiece of a four-team sign-and-trade deal to the Raptors from the Orlando Magic.

The Trail Blazers then turned their attention to Utah's PaulMillsap, a restricted free-agent forward, and front-loaded an offer sheet for four years and $32 million to deter the Jazz from matching. The Jazz did, creating its own salary-cap headaches and again leaving the Trail Blazerswithout their desired improvement.

Now, the options for Portland and Lee may have dwindled to those two finding each other. Portland may ultimately stall on giving Lee a contract offer forseveral reasons.

By offering him a contract, Portland could face the same consequence it reached in its pursuit of Millsap. The Knicks can match any contract offer to Leeand retain him. They are cash conscious concerning any effect a contract would have on their 2010 free-agent-class aspirations. If the figure is notastronomical, however, all indications are that the Knicks would match an offer sheet to Lee. Ideally, the Knicks would like to keep his contract between $7million and $8 million annually.

Lee has been hampered in that regard, and history has shown that few restricted free agents sign an offer sheet that is not matched.

Teams have been more willing to discuss sign-and-trade parameters instead of giving him an offer sheet because the Knicks would have a week to decidewhether to match the offer. If that happened, Portland's money would be tied up again, while other unrestricted free agents like Lamar Odom andAndre Miller could be scooped off the market.

The agent Mark Bartlestein, Lee's representative, recently said he had discussed possible sign-and-trade destinations with several teams.

The Trail Blazers might have missed their best chance at improvement before the trading deadline. Raef LaFrentz, in the final year of his contract, was asattractive as any player to several teams seeking salary-cap relief. Portland's general manager, Kevin Pritchard, held trade discussions for VinceCarter and Richard Jefferson but played out the season without making a move for them.

Carter was sent to Orlando and Jefferson to the San Antonio Spurs in salary dumps after the season, while the Blazers stayed silent witnesses.

With Portland's young and talented core of Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge and Greg Oden due heftier contracts in the next few seasons, and the prospectsof an ever-shrinking salary cap because of a depressed market, its best remaining move may be to hold its money tight for now. And if the Blazers were able toobtain Lee, he would probably wind up as a backup behind Aldridge at power forward.

All this comes as the Knicks remain in a wait-and-see pattern with Lee. They want to be more competitive next season and Lee is integral to that, but theyare also unwilling to compromise their future.

In Lee, they have a valuable commodity. He led the league in double-doubles last season and averaged 16 points and 11.7 rebounds. At 26, he should be readyto enter the prime of his career.

Lee received a $2.7 million qualifying offer from the Knicks this off-season that was based on the rookie scale and gave them the opportunity to match anyoffer he received on the free-agent market.

Knicks Coach Mike D'Antoni said the organization would like to retain Lee and his fellow restricted free agent NateRobinson. The price tag will be established by the interest they receive from other teams.

"You can't do anything about it, so I don't worry much about it, but obviously, as it goes on, we'd like to see something happen,"D'Antoni said. "Obviously, we don't want to lose any assets. They're good players."

He is probably the best young PG (not named rubio) we could get anytime soon. If it isnt a sign and trade i heard we're gonna offer him either a 3 or 5 year deal at the full MLE. I think 5 years is a stretch, i'd be happier with a 3 year deal. IMO, acquring sessions this year = playoffs
I would give Sess 3 years to full MLE in a hot second. Hes worth locking up for the long run... 5 years is a bit of a stretch tho, in case forsome reason although i dont see it happening he IS a bust and than we wont have him for THAT long.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Sessions
Ill Will
Gallinari
Harrington
Darko

Intriguing lineup.
and with the first pick in the 2010 draft, the Utah Jazz pick......

laugh.gif
just kiddin' but still eh....

Trust me, they'd win like 15 games with that lineup.
laugh.gif

I think they'd be fun to watch, and Sessions, Wilson, Gallo is a solid nucleus to watch grow together, IMO.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

IMO, that lineup is better than the one we had last year.
exactly. ALOT better, i dunno why ya'll are saying they'll win 15 games with that lineup. Almost every player will get somewhat betterthan last year.....

-sessions >>>> duhon
-chandler WILL improve (the sky is the limit for him)
-gallinari is supposedly healthy and dantoni hinted that he's gonna start. gallo's confidence is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
and when he's healthy i think he can have 15-20 ppg
-nate/harrington/hughes might be the best 3 players to come off the bench for a team in the league ( i think 2/3 or even 3/3 of them will come off the bench)
-darko will thrive if given playing time
-i cant say much about hill/douglas yet (summer league dont mean %%@! to me)

Ya'll are buggin if you dont think we are a playoff team with sessions (barring any injuries ofcourse)

I dunno, I think the inexperience will hurt them.

And I'm guessing they'll be without Nate and Lee...so a lot depends on how much Hill/Douglas step up.

I haven't seen Sessions play at all...his numbers seem pretty legit for a young PG, though. I'd take him, as long as we don't take back a badcontract. I trust Donnie to stick to the 2010 plan. He hasn't swayed once since he got here.

Ya'll are buggin if you dont think we are a playoff team with sessions (barring any injuries ofcourse)

My ever optimistic Knicks fans...
laugh.gif
tired.gif

There isnt a chance in the world that we make the playoffs with that lineup.

Milicic, Harrington, Gallinari, Chandler, Sessions, Hill, Hughes, Douglas, Duhon is not getting the Knicks to the playoffs
laugh.gif

If Lee and Robinson return though, then there's a decent chance.

that lineup isnt as bad as some of you make it seem.
although i do admit we're not making the playoffs, and if we do, we'll get swept
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i think we can compete for the last spot just like last year though
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Curry
Darko
Gallinari
Chandler
Duhon/Sessions

That's as balanced as it's getting unless they make some more moves. But the Knicks might have the highest scoring bench in the league next year withHill, Harrington, Almond (dude is pretty much guaranteed a contract) & Nate.

I also hope the Knicks sign Skita, Joe Crawford and Sene for the season. Sene's a bum, but his shot blocking makes up for it. Crawford is solid. Hedoesn't really make any mistakes on the floor and plays well in the system.

Back
Top Bottom