Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Catching the replay now.......I napped through the original airing
laugh.gif

Gallo's accent seems almost completely gone
eek.gif
. I could see him with a BK accent, talking !%#@ up and down the court
laugh.gif
. This dude Sene (whatever hisname is) got sonned, and IMO, lost his spot on the squad. He had a chance to punch dude in the chest, but folded like a girl. No parts of that needed here.

I really like Toney Douglas and he played a good controlled game today. Think he had 11ast and 0 turnovers. He always keeps his dribble and is always lookingto attack, people were doubting his pg ability but in his first game he showed that he def can handle backup duty at pg for us. Dantoni teaching Tdouglas thepg role will only make him better. As for Jhill he didn't really dominate but showed that he is always hustling and active. We need Wilson and Rooster tostep up real big next season like avging 15-20 ppg. Tdouglas doin real well = No more nate.....

Glad Douglas showed what he can do. He constantly impressed me this year at FSU, I think he'll manage just fine as our guard off the bench.

[h1]Greek team offers 2-year deal to Knicks'Robinson[/h1]BY ALAN HAHN |[email protected] 9:43 PM EDT, July 14, 2009LAS VEGAS - Nate Robinson may be getting a big fat Greek payday. Newsday has learned that Olympiakos, the Athens-based team thatlast summer lured Josh Childress away from the NBA, has offered the Knicks' 5-9 guard a two-year contract.

Robinson, 25, a restricted free agent, could earn $10 million in the deal, according to a source. Knicks president Donnie Walsh said Tuesday that he had noinformation about the offer from Olympiakos other than the initial report by a Greek media outlet Monday night.

Robinson's agent, Aaron Goodwin, said he had no comment about the offer.

Walsh and Goodwin are expected to talk again Friday about Robinson's future with the Knicks. Walsh has said his initial plan is to try to sign Robinson,but other factors suggest he may eventually seek a sign-and-trade.

The Knicks - who are owned by Cablevision, which also owns Newsday - drafted a point guard, Toney Douglas, and apparently are pursuing others in free agency.It is believed they are seriously considering a one-year offer of the full midlevel exception ($5.8 million) to Andre Miller. Of course, if Robinson takes theOlympiakos deal, the Knicks would only have to make a qualifying offer next June to retain his NBA rights as a restricted free agent.

Robinson, one of the smallest players in the league, had a breakthrough performance last season, when he averaged a career-high 17.2 points. His popularityskyrocketed after he won his second Slam Dunk title at NBA All-Star weekend in February when he donned all green, called himself KryptoNate and dunked over6-11 Dwight Howard. Robinson finished third in the NBA Sixth Man of the Year voting.

But along with his bouncy personality comes an overabundance of one-on-one mentality and a penchant to play to the crowd. For all of his dynamic athleticism,he also is not a dedicated defender.

Childress was a restricted free agent last season with the Hawks when he signed a three-year, $20-million contract. Tuesday, he informed the Hawks that he willremain in Greece for another season.

The Knicks are monitoring the Carlos Boozer situation with the Jazz. Boozer told a Chicago radio station Tuesday that he expects to be traded, and the Bullsare reported to have serious interest.

The Knicks aren't believed to be real players in the Boozer talks at this point. That type of scenario may have to involve Robinson, if not restricted freeagent David Lee. TheKnicks would be more than willing to rent Boozer, who has one year left on his contract, but it is unlikely they would agree to sign him to an extension aspart of the trade.

The interest in Miller started to heat up when word got out that he might consider a one-year offer to go into free agency next summer, when half of the leaguewill have cap space. A person with knowledge of the situation said it is too early yet for Miller, who is seeking $10 million per year, to consider a one-yearoffer at the midlevel exception.

up late prophecy
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

what i see, dlee+mobley for boozer. as much as i love him, nate's prob leaving, whether its an s+t, or going overseas because douglas is most likely goingto take his spot. (most likely a s+t with jefferies for cap relief
and our MLE on miller.

Nate is NOT going to Greece. Dude is WAY to marketable of a player to play oversees. I see Nate taking the Knicks QO and become unrestricted next season overplaying oversees anywhere.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

laugh.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
at these dudes saying hill will be no better than a Wilcox in the 1st half of his 1st summer league game. Summr league is @+$@#!% worthless and even if you ARE gonna mke an assumption like that during summer league, PLEASE not the 1st half of his 1st game (I mean do any of yall remember the heat D Rose was taking after his 1st summer league game last year? He had like 2 points and like 7 TOs, and he turned out awful riiiight
eyes.gif
). On behalf of Team NYK...

I agree.

this off season is horrible

the news of the cap shrinking pissed me off more than us not making one real move

douglas is way better then stuckey. stuckey will never be more then a bench player forced to be a starter, while douglas can turn out to be an great roleplayer.

laugh.gif
Douglas and stuckey are both the same age at 23, but douglas played 4 yrs in college and stuckey played 2 yrs. I like douglas, anyone think he can beatout Duhon at training camp? lol

Originally Posted by Woodside718

^What if we get Andre Miller and Carlos Boozer before the end of next week
nerd.gif
we aren't getting boozer it's just media hype

miller I would be cool with but that won't save this off season from being doo doo. Lets see what happens with lee and nate though.

whatever this year is about two things anyway
1. making curry look good so we can package him or trade him straight up. I mean we need to make this guy look amazing. I don't know how we will do thatwith dantonis offensive style but he needs to f ind a way
2. getting gallo. chandler, hill, and douglas playing time

and nah Tdouglas isn't going to start over Duhon. He needs to get his feet wet this year.

Back
Top Bottom