Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Ok... I know it's just summer league...

But Jordan Hill BETTER blow minds away when he gets on the floor because Brandon Jennings going IN playing as a pass first point guard versus Tyreke Evans. 13 assists and like 5 steals through 3 quarters...

At least we have Duhon.
eyes.gif
I'll take Marbury back before Brandon Jennings.

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Ok... I know it's just summer league...

But Jordan Hill BETTER blow minds away when he gets on the floor because Brandon Jennings going IN playing as a pass first point guard versus Tyreke Evans. 13 assists and like 5 steals through 3 quarters...

At least we have Duhon.
eyes.gif

its just the summer league... i mean come on they retired nates jersey
laugh.gif
... not saying nate aint do his thing in the regular season but he was way better in the summer league...

Sure, why not trade for Boozer? Have him for next season and then let him walk.

The only way this works is if.....Millsap goes to Portland and there is a 3 team trade with the knicks, sixers, and jazz and we somehow end up with boozer +andre
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-andre miller
-chandler
-gallo
-boozer
-jordan hill

EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I got ya true...
LAS VEGAS -- Donnie Walsh says he has intensified negotiations with David Lee and Nate Robinson, and indicated if something isn't done this week, it may not happen at all.

The Knicks president also acknowledged interest in trading for on-the-block Jazz All-Star forward Carlos Boozer, who could more than replace Lee. But it seems a long shot because several teams, including the Bulls, are involved. A three-team deal has been discussed for the Bulls' Kirk Hinrich. Boozer averaged 20.2 points and 13.4 rebounds last season.

KNICKS BLOG

BERMAN ON TWITTER

"I'm not sure we have anybody they want," Walsh said of the Jazz.

According to a source, Walsh loves Boozer's inside game and his contract, which has just one year left on it. Walsh believes Boozer will be traded and has spoken to the Jazz.

"Everyone knows the Knicks are after one-year contracts," the source said.

The Jazz are contemplating matching a $32 million offer sheet to their own free agent, Paul Millsap, only if they can deal Boozer, a rugged power forward. Boozer has one year and $12.6M left on his pact, and the Knicks would own his Bird rights if they wanted to re-sign the All-Star power forward in 2010. The Knicks' best pawn is the expiring pact of retired Cuttino Mobley, which is covered mostly by insurance.

Since the Knicks were rejected by Grant Hill, Walsh is zeroing in on Lee, though a major road block still seems to exist with agent Mark Bartelstein's asking price of at least $10 million a year.

Robinson, also without an offer sheet, is more likely to sign a one-year qualifying offer and become an unrestricted free agent next season.

"I've talked to both agents and it's going to be ongoing this week," Walsh said. "(We've) gotten the other way, trying to deal with them ourselves. If that doesn't work, maybe we go another direction after that. If it's not getting done now, it's not getting done."

The Knicks' thinking on Boozer is he would increase the likelihood of another star free agent coming aboard in 2010, though Walsh likely would have to gain more cap space.

Bartelstein said he has spoken to the Jazz about Lee, but would not say if it included a sign-and-trade scenario with Boozer. Bartelstein has spoken to multiple teams about sign-and-trades, but the Knicks would only do it if the player coming back has a one-year contract or is an All-Star.

Walsh won't say he's confident he can sign Lee.

"It's up to them," Walsh said.

Portland was the last team under the cap interested in Lee and it's thrown its money at Millsap.

"Trades can change everything," Walsh said. "It can clear room and now somebody not figuring on putting an offer sheet can if they get the room."

But Walsh admitted his chances have increased since July 1.

"I sense the market is not dying to be throwing big numbers out," Walsh said.

The Knicks' summer league team plays its first game today vs. Memphis. The Knicks' Jordan Hill has shown flashes during three days of summer-league practice, while their other first-rounder, Toney Douglas, selected 29th, has been exceptional.

Walsh said he believes Douglas has a great chance of being their backup point guard this season.

Eddy Curry showed up a second day but only did drills, declining to scrimmage, and will not play today. Though he's lost 30 pounds, Curry is still a reported 328, which means he ballooned to 358 at season's end.

If we can get Boozer for one year I would definitely be interested. Lee is already gone to me...I don't think we will be brining him back but there is asmall shot Nate will be back for a one year deal which would not be a bad move.

lee+mobley? i like that.
BUT, doesnt that still put them over the limit with lee's contract...?

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

If we can get Boozer for one year I would definitely be interested. Lee is already gone to me...I don't think we will be brining him back but there is a small shot Nate will be back for a one year deal which would not be a bad move.
where can lee go? Isn't the market all dried up? Nobody is paying him 10 mil a year

If we get Carlos Boozer and let him walk after his contract expires I'll be very mad. He's the type of player you keep and let him compliment asuperstar.

^hes very injury prone though, and can only play the 4. he'll get bullied by the 5s.
i still like/wanth im though.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

If we get Carlos Boozer and let him walk after his contract expires I'll be very mad. He's the type of player you keep and let him compliment a superstar.
Sike! The dude is a bum. Tell me the last time he played a full-season
tired.gif
Him & Amar'e man, I don't understand how these dudes get so much hype for being having done nothing.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

If we get Carlos Boozer and let him walk after his contract expires I'll be very mad. He's the type of player you keep and let him compliment a superstar.
Sike! The dude is a bum. Tell me the last time he played a full-season
tired.gif
Him & Amar'e man, I don't understand how these dudes get so much hype for being having done nothing.
laugh.gif
@ the sig.
He's a damn good player when he's healthy though. Amare on the other hand
indifferent.gif
Keep him out of NY.

LAS VEGAS - None other than Garden chairman James Dolan was on hand to see one of his biggest investments, Eddy Curry, prove that he is ready to resurrect hiscareer.

And here's the show Curry gave his boss: He forgot to bring his sneakers. That's like Alex Rodriquez showing upfor the Home Run Derby without his bat.

Other than dropping a few pounds, Curry failed to make much of an impression during his two-day visit with the Knicks' top executives.

He didn't scrimmage with the rookies and free agents and barely broke a sweat during his light - emphasis on the word light - workout at a local highschool. Mostly, Curry looked disinterested and eager to get out of town.

When asked on Sunday if he intended to play in any of the Vegas Summer League games, Curry laughed. The Curry Project - getting him in shape, hoping he playswell and then trading him - is becoming a subject of much confusion and intrigue.

It began when Knicks president Donnie Walsh out-sourced Curry's offseason conditioning program to one of Curry's close associates. Walsh's reasonsare unclear. Either the Knicks didn't feel the need to dispatch one of their numerous assistant coaches and physical therapists to Detroit to work withCurry, or perhaps Walsh figured that the center would respond better to a different voice.

For his part, Walsh sounds encouraged by Curry's fitness and reminded reporters that Curry had "firmed up" his arms. Of course, Curry's armswere being covered by a baggy shirt.

Dolan and Dr. Lisa Callahan, the Knicks' medical director, were seen conferring yesterday with Curry's personal trainer. What you didn't see wasany interaction between Curry and head coach Mike D'Antoni, and from all indications, their strained relationship isn't going to improve anytime soon.Especially when Curry shows up in a gym without sneakers.

NO PACT NEAR: Walsh admitted that the Knicks and restricted free agent David Lee are far apart on the financial terms of a possible new contract. "WithDavid, it's always been higher up than I was, so that's where we were," Walsh said. Lee and Nate Robinson both have the option of re-signing withthe Knicks for one season and becoming unrestricted free agents next year. Lee is looking for a deal that will pay him $10 million to $12 million annually, butthe money in the free-agent market is drying up. A report out of Greece said that Olympiakos is interested in signing Robinson. Former Hawk Josh Childressplayed for Olympiakos last season after signing a big contract.

i would definitely take a lee + mobley for boozer.
what i wonder about is how lebron would feel about a reunion with him.

Back
Top Bottom