Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

[h1]Source: Knicks Give Hill Two Contract Options[/h1]

[h3] [/h3]

Jul 08, 2009 7:33 AM EST

Hill_Grant_phx.jpg
The Knicks offered free-agent forward Grant Hill two contract options during a meeting in New York earlier this week.

According to sources, the Knicks offered Hill the option of a one-year, $5 million deal or a three-year, $10 million deal.

Hill said last week that he wants to be "fairly compensated" after finishing a two-year, $3.8 million contract with the Suns.

The Knicks became aggressive in their pursuit of Hill once Jason Kidd came off the market.

Via Arizona Republic

-smfh at david lee wanting that kind of $$
-our exact team now + lebron > current cavs
-i'd take hill for 1 year, we need some kind of veteran presence

Originally Posted by BangDak

with cap room dropping, no way in hell he gets that 12mil.
and duba, i mean, i just want an improvement without lebron. can you imagine all those haters saying we wouldnt be anywhere without lebron, kind of like what some of us (yes me included
laugh.gif
) are doing to the cavs?
i want us to prove that we're an good team, and that we DESERVE other team's respect, and that we can make an good run at the playoffs just to prove that.
we don't need lebron.
The way the nba is today, we DO need a superstar. (wade?)

and duba, i mean, i just want an improvement without lebron. can you imagine all those haters saying we wouldnt be anywhere without lebron, kind of like what some of us (yes me included
laugh.gif
) are doing to the cavs?
That's what I'm saying. Are any of you comfortable with becoming the Cavs? I know we need a good free agent, and I know that the NBA isdifferent now, but this has the potential to get pretty embarrassing.
laugh.gif
David Lee is out of his %#@@%!$ mind. 12 million. Wow. You'd think he could play defense, or shoot, or post up.
Hill for three years? Really? That's a terrible idea. The minute he walks out of Pheonix and their magic health spell is lifted his body is going todeteriorate. We're going to be stuck with another useless player on the bench. Of all the players that could play until they're 39, Grant Hill? Hecouldn't play at 30. I like Grant Hill, but I don't see any good in signing him for three years.

honestly, i rather have wade so that there wont be an log jam at the 3 with chandler/gallo, but i doubt wade is leaving south beach. i just dont see it.
i believe brandon roy is an 2010 free agent, thought of him guys?
i like him. i wouldnt mind pursuing him if lebron doesnt come.

^No chance in Roy, he will be locked up in Portland for many years. If we get Lebron it doesn't matter what position he plays because in Dantoni'ssystem Lebron can play 1-5
laugh.gif

Pass on Joe J & Bosh. With the salary cap getting lowered things may not work out for the Knicks as we expected.

Originally Posted by Woodside718

^No chance in Roy, he will be locked up in Portland for many years. If we get Lebron it doesn't matter what position he plays because in Dantoni's system Lebron can play 1-5
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
so true, Lebron can play any position

Originally Posted by Proshares

Pass on Joe J & Bosh. With the salary cap getting lowered things may not work out for the Knicks as we expected.

I still don't understand how this year the cap lowered ONE mil but next year it's projected to go down 8-10???
mad.gif

can someone explain this tomfoolery to me?

^ Economy is going to get worse before its going to get better.

Less sponsorships, many teams will be taking losses financially.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

^ Economy is going to get worse before its going to get better.

Less sponsorships, many teams will be taking losses financially.
grin.gif
the economy has BEEN bad. This is very weird to me.

^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ill be happy with ricky-chandler-gallo-bron-bosh though
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Ya'll can go after "blackhole" Rudy Gay. He'll be a free agent if he doesn't get extended.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

which other teams can offer lebron more money than the knicks?

Cavs and Dallas (I think) are two that come to mind.
Nah just Cavs i think. Other than that all other teams with the right amount of cap space (Knicks will be included) can only offer the maximum ofthe league max contract.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ill be happy with ricky-chandler-gallo-bron-bosh though
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Ya'll can go after "blackhole" Rudy Gay. He'll be a free agent if he doesn't get extended.
grin.gif

that was an joke right?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Cavs just lost all hopes of retaining Lebron by signing Anderson !**++@* Varaejao to a 6 year/ $50 mil contract.
roll.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I mean Varaejao? Really? Now that they just spent all that dough on that scrub (possibly a larger contract than D Lee will get, and Varaejao does not evendeserve to be mentioned in the same class as Lee on his best day. Not that Lee is unbelievable or anything but cmon he averaged 16 and 12 and led the league indouble doubles, Varaejao could never put up anything close to that even if he was on a losing team like the Knicks, while Varaejao is a scrub who averaged 6and 6 this past season which isnt impressive even on a winning team and is only better than Lee when it comes to flopping
smh.gif
) who the !+%% can they sign toplay alongside Bron now? Cavs FTL
roll.gif

d.lee needs to hire vayjayjay's agent asap. dude must be happy he made that fat contract.

So can the Cavs still offer Bron more $ than we can now??

& if Iverson is serious about accepting a one-year, $5 million offer from Memphis, should we make an offer?

Back
Top Bottom