Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Once we get rid of Curry and Jeffries will be in great position for 2010
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

my 2 cents of the Lebron talk..
Im pretty sure Dallas is the team that can offer the most money. 6/125
no no my man. Why dont u read ###@ before u come in here?

I was just talking about this and there was an article all about this so why come in with your input when you dont read whats in our thread?

The Cavs can offer him the most $ because of their hometown thing that the NBA has. In the article it said...

The Cavs can go six years at 10.5 percent raises, which would make their maximum deal total about $116.5M, with an average of roughly $19.4M per.
whie ANY other team including the Knicks, Dallas, and ANY other %%+#*++ NBA team that has enough cap space can ONLY offer him the league maximumwhich is a set #. Other than the Cavs NOONE can offer Lebron more than us if we have the cap room to offer a max deal (which we should cause that would makeall this %%+#*++ pointless. In the article it says...

A team such as the Knicks can only do five years, with 8 percent raises, which would make their maximum offer total about $88M, and an average of $17.6M per.
Any outside club with enough cap space to offer that contract can ONLY offer that... nothing more. and that includes %%+#*++ Dallas so i got no%%+#*++ idea where this Dallas nonsense is coming from. People really need to start to understand the NBA salary cap system before they make dumb @%! remarkslike that one. i mean i dont even know where the #*$+ that 6/125 # came from. Cleveland cant even offer him all that. Like did you just make this # up off ofthe top of your head? And even if you did truly believe this was true for some reason dont you think we would already know considering by taking a look at thethread that is ALL we have been talking about????
smh.gif

And even if they dont understand the NBA salary cap at least read the previous articles explaining it before you make foolish statements like that
smh.gif

You guys should read this before attacking marionthebarberian.

Next summer Sammy Superstar decides he wants a new team because he feels his old team will never be able to surround him with enough talent to win a title. (Did anyone read D-Wade's comments in that vein earlier this week? Has anybody been following the Chris Bosh saga?) In that summer, unlike most, there will be teams everywhere with enough cap room to give him a max contract, and his old team will know they will be losing Sammy Superstar in free agency while getting nothing back at all.

Meanwhile teams without cap room will try to woo Sammy while persuading his old team to do a Sign-and-Trade. Given the dollar volume of the Kidd and Gortat deals, if Dallas wants Sammy they will have to be one of those Sign-and-Trade teams.

In that process, teams offering Sign-and-Trades will face a huge obstacle. NBA rules require that in getting Sammy via S-and-T they will have to send the old team fairly equal salary. That matching salary may include a lot of talent, and Sammy won't want to come to a crippled team. Meanwhile, the old team won't want to accept and pay the salary for junk. Also, once they lose Sammy they might simply prefer to turn around and shop in the summer of 2010 free-agent pool, and matching salary would hinder that greatly. (For an illustration of how that works, see this summer where Orlando is losing star forward Hedo Turkoglu to free agency, yet is not willing to consider Sign-and-Trades because of the salary they'd have to add to their payroll.)

But Erick Dampier's contract - The DUST Chip -- simply erases all those problems for Dallas.

By using it for the salary match, the Mavs will not gut their team, because his "instant expiring" contract can trade-match a salary up to $16.4475M. One player and done. In addition, the old team merely waives Dampier once the trade is done and ends up with $0 added to their payroll. Dallas of course includes a sizable "tip" to the deal (such as picks and/or cash) along with the DUST, and the old team ends up netting picks and/or cash for a player they were losing anyhow, without any of the normal cap increase that accompanies sign-and-trades.

This could even be an afterthought deal. The old team sees Sammy Superstar ready to sign with another team and says to Dallas, "Hey, we're about to lose Sammy for nothing. We don't want any of the S-and-T offers we're getting. Send us That DUST Chip, and we'll help get him to Dallas."

What's in it for Sammy? A lot. In that scenario, he can be added to a Mavs team that's 100-percent intact and that can pay him significantly more money than any of those pure free-agent offers. For example, with LeBron, Wade, and Bosh, a Sign-and-Trade can be six-years and $125.1 million, while an offer from a team with cap space could only be five years and $96.1 million.

now that i think about it, that 30 mil extra that the cavs can give him doesn't mean too much. He will get such a monster contract from nike if he goes tonyc that the 30 mil won't be ****. nike will offer him at least 50 mil extra if he's in nyc. Either way I think he's staying. He's toothin-skinned to leave his hometown to go where he will be criticized for every mistake he makes. If he leaves Cle it's gonna be hard for him to go back. Hewon't get that much love there. I'm starting to think he's too {()} for nyc anyway. His delicate psyche would be destroyed.

^^ ok now THAT makes more sense Nasmatic thanks my dude for clearing that !$!$ up
pimp.gif

My bad marionthebarbarian you just put it in terms like you thought that they could outright sign him for more $ than the Knicks. Which would be wrong to saycause they cant (hense what i posted). I do get this scenario and i knew how this works, but i said what i said because i figured marionthebarbarian wouldnt bewriting that because this scenario is the same for any team that gets Lebron in a sign and trade. If any team did a sign and trade for Lebron with Clevelandthey would be able to pay him more than anybody so its not like it is JUST Dallas that can pay hi more than anybody which is why i thought he was talking aboutsigning him outright which is why i said what i said.

If marion would of said via sign and trade, than it woulda made more sense. My bad though.

And yes that also makes more sense that Dallas would make more sense as the primary option for a recepitant if a sign and trade goes down because it works forLebron because he goes to a team that can pay him more than anybody AND has a great core intact alreadyy with Dirk, Kidd, Howard, ets. (hes also a Cowboys fanlike hes a Yanks fan
laugh.gif
**#!%+@ frontrunner also used to be a Bulls fan btw
smh.gif
) and it works for Cleveland cause not only do they get the salary space theywould get if a team just signed Lebron outright but they ALSO get mad draft picks and $!#$ (not that draft picks would be that great on a team with Lebron andDirk
laugh.gif
maybe they would be able to get a nice cheap young guy as well though.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

And yes that also makes more sense that Dallas would make more sense as the primary option for a recepitant if a sign and trade goes down because it works for Lebron because he goes to a team that can pay him more than anybody AND has a great core intact alreadyy with Dirk, Kidd, Howard, ets. (hes also a Cowboys fan like hes a Yanks fan
laugh.gif
smh.gif
) and it works for Cleveland cause not only do they get the salary space they would get if a team just signed Lebron outright but they ALSO get mad draft picks and $!#$ (not that draft picks would be that great on a team with Lebron and Dirk
laugh.gif
There isn't a better core for Bron than the Knicks core..sorry

Originally Posted by Supafly122

And yes that also makes more sense that Dallas would make more sense as the primary option for a recepitant if a sign and trade goes down because it works for Lebron because he goes to a team that can pay him more than anybody AND has a great core intact alreadyy with Dirk, Kidd, Howard, ets. (hes also a Cowboys fan like hes a Yanks fan
laugh.gif
smh.gif
) and it works for Cleveland cause not only do they get the salary space they would get if a team just signed Lebron outright but they ALSO get mad draft picks and $!#$ (not that draft picks would be that great on a team with Lebron and Dirk
laugh.gif
lets not let our homerism take over....
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif
lets not let our homerism take over....
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
, j/p

laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Cmon man. Lets be real. This team made the 2nd round in the West playoffs and have a former MVP. Im sorry but yo we didnt even make the East playoffs.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

[h1]Mullin To New York Rumors Continue[/h1]
Jul 09, 2009 10:29 PM EST

Mullin_Chris_gsw.jpg
Though it hasn't been confirmed,Chris Mullin will likely be joining the front office of the New York Knicks, according to a Twitter post from Newsday's Alan Hahn.

"Keep hearing -- unconfirmed, mind you -- that Chris Mullin will be joining the Knicks front office soon," writes Hahn. "Where there'ssmoke, there's fire."

Mullin was most recently the chief decision maker of the Golden State Warriors, overseeing the draft selections of Monta Ellis, Andris Biedrins and tradesthat brought in Baron Davis, Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington.

[h1]Source: Grant Hill's Wife Nudging Him To New York[/h1]
Jul 09, 2009 7:48 PM EST

Hill_Grant_phx.jpg
Grant Hill's wife Tamia, arecording artist, appears to be in favor of her husband joining the Knicks. Her career may benefit from being in New York City.

"The Knicks aren't ready to win yet, but they have things that no one else can offer him. And that's going to mean a lot," said a sourceclose to the negotiations.

Hill is said to be leaning toward signing with the Knicks but no agreement has been reached.

chris mullins to ny would be nice.
at least we would be able to use his skills properly, unlike cohen and them other %!@@$%! in GS that forced him out
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by maxtempo96

if someone puts a hit out on curry or jeffries we're all good with this signing correct?
Chicago is pretty dangerous..I wouldn't even joke like that
laugh.gif
(assuming that's where he's from)

i wasn't joking
indifferent.gif

they need to either get traded or have their feet put in a bucket,fill it up with cement and then be thrown in the hudson.

seriously though man,i just want the knicks to be relevant again.we've been suffering for far too long.

What if we don't get any supersatrs and we end up with something like Duhon, Rip, Joe Johnson, Lee, ANY C?

would all of this be worth it?

Rip?
sick.gif
sick.gif
that bum needs to be no parts near a Knick uniform.

Duhon either needs a complimentary backup who can come in and do the same things he does, or another PG with a better skill set.

i think NY is thirsty for a superstar though man.someone who can energize the city and wanna make the locals root for the home team.

that lineup would be alright,might be boarderline under the radar type team.

but everyone would be happy if we we're winning.

winning cures all.

I think at the very least, the Knicks will be able to get Amare.

He loves D'Antoni, the system and the spotlight too much.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I think at the very least, the Knicks will be able to get Amare.

He loves D'Antoni, the system and the spotlight too much.
god if thats ALL we end up with...
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

I know we can land him too, i remember one time he said he don't know why he isn't in the 2010 talk to NY along with Bron and wade. smh
We might be able to sign for for the midlevel
laugh.gif

"Lebron been having a terrible 3 months of Public Relation nightmare….confiscating the tape was a super #+*#+ move,with the LBJ/MVP shirt the day after helost to Orlando,the "CHECK MY $TATS" shirt with the $ in "S" that shirt was tackey as hell now this ******* with getting posterized by somecollege kid…LBJ should have let the tape out people would have clown him for a day or 2 but now for the next week to couple people are going to talk about thisstory…Lebron has been showing alot of *$# tendency lately i guess he ready to jet on CLE which for me being a Knick fan is great but i hope he isnt the nextAlex Rodriguez a great talent who doesnt win championship and cant handle the media spotlight"

Back
Top Bottom