Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

[img]http://www.newsday.com/images/components/atools-downarrow.gif[/img][h1]Knicks order Eddy Curry to report to Summer League[/h1]BY ALAN HAHN |[email protected] 9:05 AM EDT, July 10, 2009
http://www.newsday.com/topic/sports/eddy-curry-PESPT001603.topic
Eddy Curry has been ordered by the Knicks to report to the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas so that team president Donnie Walsh and his staff can monitor the progress of Curry's offseason diet and conditioning program, according to Jerry Powell, one of Curry's offseason trainers.

Curry will not play for the Knicks summer league team but is expected to be on the court for the second workout of a two-a-day session Sunday at Valley High in Las Vegas, where the Knicks will work out before their summer league opener Tuesday at UNLV.

Powell says Curry, who began a strict diet and fitness regimen set up by California-based strength coach Tommy Weatherspoon in May and began workouts with Powell in June, has lost almost 50 pounds.

"They want to see what he looks like," Powell told Newsday. "They want to see him get up and down with the summer league team and practice."

Eddy Curry has been ordered by the Knicks to report to the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas so that team president Donnie Walsh and his staff can monitor the progress of Curry's offseason diet and conditioning program, according to Jerry Powell, one of Curry's offseason trainers.
laugh.gif

Honestly I'm sick of this lebron james to the knicks talk .. I really believe that the man is staying in cleveland I think he's to thinned skin for nyand the ny media. They will eat him alive the first time he makes a bonehead play or misses a game winning shot
laugh.gif
and frankly I don't think he'sbuilt to handle that kind of criticism best thing for him is to stay in his hometown were he can never see the nba finals again and those people will continueto worship him like jesus christ
laugh.gif
. What we really should be doing is trying to go after a combo of wade/bosh or wade/amare, my man d-wade will beUNSTOPABLE in dantoni's system and most importantly he is imo the most clutch player in the league and he has a ring to prove it marionthebarber shouldknow all about that
laugh.gif
... team knicks will be at the championship parade within the next four years if we could get this to happen
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

cause he's really handled pressure poorly in his life so far...

I don't mean basketball pressure. if he's so concerned about a tape of someone dunking on him then imagine how he will handle the media and fansscrutinizing every shot and turnover. Playing in nyc throws much more pressure on you.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Honestly I'm sick of this lebron james to the knicks talk .. I really believe that the man is staying in cleveland I think he's to thinned skin for ny and the ny media. They will eat him alive the first time he makes a bonehead play or misses a game winning shot
laugh.gif
and frankly I don't think he's built to handle that kind of criticism best thing for him is to stay in his hometown were he can never see the nba finals again and those people will continue to worship him like jesus christ
laugh.gif
. What we really should be doing is trying to go after a combo of wade/bosh or wade/amare, my man d-wade will be UNSTOPABLE in dantoni's system and most importantly he is imo the most clutch player in the league and he has a ring to prove it marionthebarber should know all about that
laugh.gif
... team knicks will be at the championship parade within the next four years if we could get this to happen
pimp.gif
I actually agree with the second half of this statement, excluding Amare. I have never, and will never be all that convinced about LeBron. He is afreak on nature and sacary athletic, but I just don't like his game. Wade, on the other hand, excites me more as a player and yes, is definitely wayyyymore clutch. When will Dwight be a FA?
laugh.gif

Duhon/Wade/Dwight/Lee/insert 3 would be heavy.

Furthermore, I still don't think D'Antoni's system has what it takes to win 'chips. However, I will give him the benefit of the doubt when hehas a more competitive team.

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

i think deron is in '10 not sure about paul.

anyways
laugh.gif
@ ed curry.
I think they are both '11. I don't think it would be a bad idea then, because more and more it is looking impossible to get two of theelite level guys, try getting around 10 -12 million and then making a run by giving a max deal to either Paul or Deron

Paul or Deron in D'Antoni's system would be
pimp.gif

I was actually thinking Wade would be a better fit for the team too. You already have two fowards in Chandler/Gallinari, let them hold that spot down.

For the sake of conversation, let's say Wade does manage to sign with the Knicks. Now they need to focus on a big man to pair with him. I don't Amarewould be the one to go with. He wants to be the franchise player/1st option and if you have someone like Wade who I believe is the better player, its going tocreate conflict. Now you just have the same problem in NY that developed in Phoenix. Bosh seems to be more suited for the complementary star player spot thenStoudemire.

-i'm starting to dislike lebron more and more everyday. therefore, i could care less if he stays in cleveland. rather have wade+bosh/amare anyway....

-cant wait to see eddy curry play

-andre miller in NY would be great. duhon is a back up at best, and if we get andre milller expect playoffs this year (barring any injuries)

I doubt Wade leaves Miami, and if he does I doubt he comes to New York.

Grant Hill to stay with the Suns according to reports.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Grant Hill to stay with the Suns according to reports.
roll.gif

I like how free agents always flirt with the idea of signing with NY every summer but yet, they never go through

But for once, I'm actually happy if we don't get kidd AND Hill
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Honestly I'm sick of this lebron james to the knicks talk .. I really believe that the man is staying in cleveland I think he's to thinned skin for ny and the ny media. They will eat him alive the first time he makes a bonehead play or misses a game winning shot
laugh.gif
and frankly I don't think he's built to handle that kind of criticism best thing for him is to stay in his hometown were he can never see the nba finals again and those people will continue to worship him like jesus christ
laugh.gif
. What we really should be doing is trying to go after a combo of wade/bosh or wade/amare, my man d-wade will be UNSTOPABLE in dantoni's system and most importantly he is imo the most clutch player in the league and he has a ring to prove it marionthebarber should know all about that
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

kobe is the most clutch player in the league..I should know about what?. wade getting all those phantom calls and not hitting a single clutch basket in thefinals?

If Wade leaves sunny South Florida for some cold !+# weather...you better believe it'll be to go home to Chicago and not NY.

I really don't believe Wade is leaving either, but it was just something to talk about. Pat Riley is going to make sure he rebuilds the Heat to remaincompetitive and keep Wade satisfied.

When does Chris Paul/Deron Williams become a FA?
Mannn what i would do for any one of those dudes or Brandon Roy.
smh.gif

I love those three dudes because they are young leaders that dont pull some of the soft %!$* that most modern superstars do... Paul did dissapoint me duringtheir playoff debacle this season though, not just the losing part but taking himself out of the game as his teams leader and not doing %!$* about it.

I wouldnt mind Andre Miller i would MUCH rather a young guy like Sessions or Telfair and Miller DEFINES half court PG, but i do like his game he is kind of anold school player. And him and Nate would be PERFECT compliments for each other... there games couldnt be more different
laugh.gif

and Hill staying a Sun
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

now lets move away from This J Kidd/Hill nonsense and spend this MLE on hopefully a younger guy that will help right away fill a position of need. I reallythink Knicks should offer full MLE to Sessions. He would be so worth it and is pretty much exactly what im looking for this team to get. He would run the floorand make us sooo exciting, and who knows maybe under D'Antoni's PG coaching/style of play he can REALLY turn into something special. If we use the fullMLE on him i really dont know if Milwaukee would match with Jennings and Ridnour already on the roster.

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

Andre Miller is underrated.

Id take him in a heartbeat.
agreed dude has really been doing his thing for a minute now and really hasnt slown down at all. Hes 33 which isnt TOO old. and hes beenconsistemntly putting up good #s and dropped 16 and 7 this past season with Philly and was also their unquestioned leader on the floor, carrying his team whentheir big aquisition Elton Brand went down. I think he could evenn put up better #s in D'Antonis offense, AND dude is a tough player who can play bigminutes and is VERY durable.

dang andrew is 33? wow didnt think he was that old...
i dont want another old player though. i mean, its all the same thing with grant and jkidd even though grant has always been injured.
im honestly fine with duhon being our long term point guard. i mean, IF lebron comes, he'll be our main ball handler anyway.
if wade comes, (kinda doubt it) but still, they can share that load.

Back
Top Bottom