Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

LeBron at 4.........how about no!

The Olympics are a whole 'nother ballgame. Even in a D'Antoni system, let's not kid ourselves and act like defense magically whisks itself away forthe sake of our offense. LeBron would be taking enough abuse on the offense as it is, his team doesn't need that at both ends of the floor.

[h2]Knicks Sign Rookie Jordan Hill[/h2]
Jul 11, 2009 10:46 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
New York Knickerbockers President ofBasketball Operations Donnie Walsh announced today that forward Jordan Hill, the eighth overall selection by New York in the 2009 NBA Draft, has been signed toa contract.

Hill, 6-10, 235-pounds, averaged 18.3 points and 11.0 rebounds in his junior year at the University of Arizona, and set a school record for boards in asingle season (375). The Newberry, SC-native finished as the Pac-10 leader in point-rebound double-doubles (20), ranked second in rebounding and blocked shots(1.71) and third in scoring. He also became the first Wildcat in 30 years to average double figures in both scoring and rebounding in the same season.

Hill is expected to play for the Knicks' entry in the 2009 NBA Summer League in Las Vegas, NV from July 14-19.
[h2]Walsh: Lee Wants 'Large Number'[/h2]
Jul 11, 2009 7:41 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
Donnie Walsh said negotiations with DavidLee's agent have not moved forward because his contract demands were too high.

"We don't really stand anywhere," Walsh said, "because in the case of David, he wants a large number and I really couldn't dothat."

No formal has been made to Lee by the Knicks "because it wouldn't do any good," said Walsh. "I'll start over again and see if we canget to a reasonable number."

After losing out on Jason Kidd and Grant Hill, Walsh will explore the team's next options.

"Now we're going to sit down and discuss which way to go," Walsh said. "And I have some thoughts."
[h2]Miller For Duhon Discussed[/h2]
Jul 11, 2009 8:02 AM EST

phi_40.gif
A source close to the situation saidthat Chris Duhon's agent, Kevin Bradbury, "is exploring the possibility" of the Sixers signing and trading Andre Miller to the Knicks in returnfor Duhon.

The Sixers reportedly want more than just Duhon.

The mid-level exception is all the Knicks could offer Miller in a straight signing. But in a sign-and-trade, the team could pay Miller a bit over $7.6million in the first contract season because of the 125% plus $100,000 rule governing trades. Duhon makes a little more than $6 million next season, his finalcontract year.

i wouldn't mind trading duhon for miller straight up

and while we're talking about Lee, whats' going on with nate robinson?
nerd.gif

Duhon was doin his thinggg in the first half of the season. Then teams started watching film and shut down Duhon's only play the pick and roll and hebecame a turnover machine. Dude started missing every layup, taking 3s 10 ft behind the line
laugh.gif
. I like dre miller but I don't know if he is a good fitfor this system.

I'd rather keep Duhon and his contract that expires in 2010, that make a move for Miller with his contract biting into our cap space in 2010.

Ummm, I's rather keep Duhon because he's a much younger player than Miller, simple and plain. They both have skills, but Miller has the older PG saavythat Duhon hasn't developed yet.

we NEED to make a move for andre miller, even if its a 3 year deal. Whose gonna be our PG in 2010? Duhon is a back up at best

It's a damn shame how we don't have the most important position in Dantoni's system filled out yet. I say all this Kidd, Hill, Miller talk is asmokescreen from Donnie to get at Rubio
pimp.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

I'd rather keep Duhon and his contract that expires in 2010, that make a move for Miller with his contract biting into our cap space in 2010.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
i never seen you post in the knicks thread before
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

eek.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Supafly122

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

eek.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
Who's that, does She belong here...hope She knows
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

[h1]Dolan Wants Update On Curry[/h1]
Jul 11, 2009 12:19 PM EST

Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
Alan Hahn reports that the Knicks'owner is interested in hearing about Eddy Curry's progress.

"The Knicks brass -- I'm hearing even the owner, James Dolan, too -- wants to be updated on Curry's progress in his offseason diet and fitnessprogram," Hahn writes.

Curry will be in Las Vegas this week to workout with the Knicks' summer league squad.

The center, who missed almost all of last season, has reportedly shed weight and improved conditioning in recent months.

Hahn wonders if the Rockets' front office may want to have a look at Curry while in Vegas, though he doubts theKnicks will invite other teams to the private workouts.

Curry+Hughes or (Mobley) for T-Mac!!

All I care about is resigning Nate at this point.

If we are going to suck for another season, at least let us have some excitement and give Nate an opportunity to shine in D'antoni's system, picking upmore value in the market.

This summer has sucked so far. I really don't know what Walsh's thought process is.

[h2]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60495/20090711/miller_for_duhon_discussed/[/h2]
Miller For Duhon Discussed
pimp.gif

Some of yall are clowning with Duhon. Dont be fooled by his play in the beginning of the season this yrar. Duhon is not a good player. Duhon is and has alwaysbeen a role player, we just tried to take him along and turn him into a starter. Duhon is not a legit starter aon any other team and only looked better causeof D'Antoni's system and he STILL fell off hard towards the end. On the other hand Andre Miller has been one of the most underated and most efficientfloor generals of this decade. He is far far FAr more talented than Duhon and would increase our win total by 5-10 wins in JUSt having him run the floor overDuhon. I mean if we can take Duhon form a role player to a 10 and 7 kinda guy, our system could be great for Andre Miller. Maybe make him put up assistsnumbers like back when he played for Cleveland... People dont realize that only 2 years ago he averaged 9 assists per game out in Denver and had a phenominalyear last year in terms of being a leader and averaged 16 and 7 as well. Which is FAR better numbers than Duhon and he didnt have Mike D'Antoni to show forit.

All of yall are WILDIN if you would not take Miller for Duhon. Miller is MUCH MUCH better, dont be blinded by Duhon. D'Antoni can take in a lot of otherPGs and have them perform even better than Duhon did last season, and he would do wonders on a PG who actually is a legit PG like Miller. My only knack is thathe is more of a half court PG, but than again so was Nash in Dallas and i remember Miller started going off last season AFTER Brnad went down and they startedto run.

And an argument that Miller is too old should not even be brought up. Duhon is NOT part of our future. Basically this trade is made to try and have a betterrecord this season. Miller is still going strong and is as durable as it gets and getting him would make our playoff chances next season much stronger. And ifhe exceeds expectations maybe we can renegotiate a multi year deal next summer.

also Miller and Nate are PERFECT compliments to each other.
pimp.gif

EDIT: And Duck Folan

I prefer Miller over Duhon. As a player in general, and although Duhon isnt exactly injury prone, Miller is basically Mr. Reliable, dude NEVER misses a game(watch me jinx it).

Id be all for acquiring him, I just hope we dont OD on the amount of years we would potentially be giving him, dude is at or just over 30 if Im not mistaken...

Andre Miller never misses games because he jumps too low to land on anyone's foot and runs too slow to pull his hamstring
roll.gif

But he would be a good fit as long as he doesn't have to shoot past 18 feet.

Back
Top Bottom