Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

laugh.gif
roll.gif
@ grant hill possibly joining the knicks now

It's funny how the knicks always go after the athletes in their prime but could only get them when they're "over the hill/ has beens"

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

laugh.gif
roll.gif
@ grant hill possibly joining the knicks now

It's funny how the knicks always go after the athletes in their prime but could only get them when they're "over the hill/ has beens"
+1

It does not make sense for Grant Hill to sign with us cause we ain't contending next year. He be better signing with the Cavs or some other team that has ashot at the ring.

Cavs tryna sign trevor ariza and ron artest... these dudes are goin hard tryna keep lebron... I hope they sign everyone and don't win the chip next year
laugh.gif

Lee's options are dwindling. I think we may a shot a resigning him at a reasonable rate or he may take the qualifying offer instead and wait for his paydaynext season.

Source: Lee asked the Grizzlies for $60 million

July 2, 2009, 11:20 AM

Jeff Zelevansky/Icon SMI

An executive with knowledge of David Lee's trade talks with Memphis tells me, Lee's agent asked for $60 million over five years. Memphis was prepared to offer Lee $40 million over five years. But when they heard the initial asking price, they decided to trade instead for ex-Knick Zach Randolph. Lee's agent, Mark Bartelstein, could not immediately reached for comment.

This is good news for the Knicks, who may be willing to go four years for somewhere between $28 and $32 million. However, Bartelstein is one of the best agents in the business for a reason. As he mentioned to me yesterday, this situation could become complicated and a sign-and-trade could happen.
Toronto reportedly may be an option for Lee, but Bartelstein is going to have to be creative in a dry market.

If that was the asking price, then I'm glad Memphis didn't go after him. 60 mil/5 years is too rich. I would've probably gave him 50milthough.

The Mavericks and Knicks are both preparing three-year offers for Jason Kidd.

Dallas is prepared to offer $25 million over three seasons.

New York has been reluctant to add any additional salary past the upcoming season, but might make an exception for Kidd.
smh.gif
3 year offer for Kidd. Come the %!!$ on. Hopefully he will stay in Dallas which i think he will cause he likes it there and Cuban willreportedly get him more than the MLE.

%#% is this Kidd and Grant Hill nonsense. Lets get younger i dont want these over the hill dudes. Hill makes NO sense whatsoever. If we got him itd be for oneyear and were not a contender, nd it just takes away time from players that need to develop because they are part of our future like Will and Gallo.

And how the %!!$ do the Cavs have that much cap space to sign all these dudes? They just traded for @#%%$%$ Shaq
smh.gif
laugh.gif

3 years for Kidd is too much.

I like Grant Hill but that doesn't make any sense, he would just take Will and Danilo's minutes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4300452

The New York Knicks, meanwhile, have readied their own offer to Kidd to match the Dallascontract ... at least in length.

Sources close to the process told ESPN.com on Wednesday night that Knicks president Donnie Walsh has decided that he will indeed make a three-year offer toKidd, even though having such an offer accepted would almost certainly slice into some of New York's projected salary-cap space for the highly anticipatedfree-agent bonanza in the summer of 2010.

I'd do this only for MLE type money and under to Kidd. I think Kidd can help our young players to develop even faster because of his passing andleadership. If Walsh can do Kidd for MLE and under and trade ECurry/Mobley or Hughes and try to trade Nate/Jeffries to the Kings, we would still be in solidposition to get 2 max free agents.......

Sorry guys, the reason why I would be so happy with Grant Hill is cause im a phoenix fan too and I would love to see him in NY under Dantoni

I would cry if the knicks sign kidd to a 3 year deal... wat the hell are they thinking? We need ramon sessions

Im not opposed to Kidd, but if its for a 3 year deal then FORGET IT...Id MUCH rather have Sessions (I like what he did in Milwaukee assist wise) but again, notfor some crazy contract...

Also,

If we manage to keep Lee with a multiyear deal in the neighborhood of 30 somethin million, Id be very, VERY happy (as I think many of us would).

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

I would cry if the knicks sign kidd to a 3 year deal... wat the hell are they thinking? We need ramon sessions
Worddd
pimp.gif

If we hit up Sessions for MLE, Milwaukee may not match. I mean they just drafted BJ so they probably want to make him the future and they still have Ridnourthere eating up PT/cap space

we need to go after rudy, sessions, and maybe gortat. if any one of those 3 end up in a knick uniform this year i'll be happy. i'm still not sure aboutkidd, but grant hill is a definite NO.

I dunno about kidd....

if we have money for 2 max contracts in 2010 how do you think that would work? Would lebron sign first and then tell the knicks to go get someone? Or wouldlebron say he isn't coming untill he sees who else the knicks get?

btw after the qrich for randolph trade, I am CONVINCED that curry can be traded away to some stupid team if he puts up good numbers this year. All we have todo is make sure he stops with the cheeseburgers and we infuse him in our offense

Mavs offered Kidd around 9 million, no way we match that if we are sticking to our 2010 plans. Unless Donnie gets kidd to sign for the cheap because he knowssomething that we don't....

Originally Posted by Woodside718

Mavs offered Kidd around 9 million, no way we match that if we are sticking to our 2010 plans. Unless Donnie gets kidd to sign for the cheap because he knows something that we don't....
We cant match that even if we wanted to (thank god). People need to understand Knicks are over cap right now, all we can offer is the MLE nothingmore.

If we match $9mm on Kidd or even fathom matching anything over $8mm per for Lee that sig needs to go GR8.

Back
Top Bottom